What would you call it? Latest "Artistic marvel" of Bangkok needs a name!

webfact

What would you call it? Latest "Artistic marvel" of Bangkok needs a name!

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

BANGKOK: -- Members of the public have been asked to come up with a name for the new overhead walkway at the Pathumwan intersection in downtown Bangkok.

Last week there seemed to be confusion in the press as to what name to use for the latest "landmark" so www.siam-synergy.com has asked for suggestions.

Thaivisa suggests "overhead walkway" but we are sure our readers can come up with something better......

In the latest report about the er...."overhead walkway".....Manager called it a marvel of artistic design.

This was mainly based on what looked like mushrooms over some green dots.

This was actually referred to as "Abstract Art" and, for the uninitiated, was meant to represent "lotus flowers blooming in a lake of green".

Manager also called the Siam Square area an "Art District" as a result of the latest addition and deemed the structure a wonder of "Universal Design".

The 300 million baht structure has now been handed over to the local authority.

Last week it was referred to as a "landmark" for Bangkok.

Thaivisa will pass on any names you may have, but please keep them civil and to the point.....

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-07

Just combine all the big words: Universal Marvel Bangkok

and in case other marvels rear their head, just call it "Green Universal Marvel Bangkok", or GUMB

(let's hope there won't be one in "drab" color, that would just be plain dumb)

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Nice angle for the photo.  Trying to figure out where it was taken from?  Top of MBK?

As for the name ...... as it's inspired by Lotus flowers, how about "Lota Walkway" as in 'Tesco Lota"? :smile:

Rotas, sir, rotas.

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Nice angle for the photo.  Trying to figure out where it was taken from?  Top of MBK?

As for the name ...... as it's inspired by Lotus flowers, how about "Lota Walkway" as in 'Tesco Lota"? :smile:

It's the wrong side of the road to be MBK, so probably from a drone.

"This was actually referred to as "Abstract Art" and, for the uninitiated, was meant to represent "lotus flowers blooming in a lake of green"."

I am curious where is there green water in Thailand? All the water I see is brown or gray. Oh wait, I stand corrected I have seen a couple of green swimming pools 5555