Lazada "change of mind" returns

wpcoe

I've never used Lazada before, and am considering making my first purchase.  I'd like to try the product and if it's not quite up to my expectations, return it within seven days for a refund.  It sounds like only un-opened packages can be returned for "Change of mind."  Is that correct? 

lazada_return.gif.9547c9a232f9b14c0f34b6e0ea075fe6.gif

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

The way I read it is that there is no "free trial period", once you open it you own it, unless one of the other reasons listed applies.

If you have read the description, and the item doesn't match the promises "not as advertised" would be the way to go.

It's a tablet computer and I'm not sure which model to buy.  I'd like to buy the middle one (price-wise) but if it's not as fast as I hoped, I'd like to exchange (refund-and-buy-again) for the higher priced one.  (I would do a factory reset to be able to do that with a clean conscience.)  In the USA, and I think in some other western countries, there are vendors who let you do that on a routine basis.  Oh, well.  Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case.

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

It's a tablet computer and I'm not sure which model to buy.  I'd like to buy the middle one (price-wise) but if it's not as fast as I hoped, I'd like to exchange (refund-and-buy-again) for the higher priced one.  (I would do a factory reset to be able to do that with a clean conscience.)  In the USA, and I think in some other western countries, there are vendors who let you do that on a routine basis.  Oh, well.  Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case.

No, they won't let you open a product, play with it and then send it back for free in Thailand

In USA or Europe you can but online consumers don't have the same rights here yet

Is that correct? 

Yes. The "Zappos" model has yet to catch on here.

Also make sure you understand the time-period to return damaged/defective products for exchange (and not refund). Often this period is seven calendar days (holidays included). After that, you have to rely on the manufacturer for warranty service/repair/replacement. 

I would buy the Surface Pro (5) from a brick/mortar location like ITCIty, only after reading in-depth reviews and using it in the store. Even then they won't let you return it even if you trade-up.

I don't think Microsoft would let you do this in the U.S., but I may be misinformed.