PM Prayut issues orders to address Don Mueang chaos

webfact

2 hours ago, Thian said:

“Such an incident is rare. Normally it takes each passenger no longer than five minutes” to pass the immigration process at the airport, Prayut said.

55555555:clap2::post-4641-1156693976:

I thought hallucinatory drugs were illegal in Thailand.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia has stopped using paper departure forms and the same will happen for arrival forms in the near future as more automatic gates are installed. The technology is readily available to get rid of the paper forms so why is Thailand simply moving round the boxes on the paper form when they could drop it all together and go to an electronic system. 

For a country that relies so heavily on tourism you would think they would want to make the whole arrival/departure process as streamlined as possible. 

Oh, wait, they still have boom gates on auto toll booth lanes that are supposed to ease congestion but don't...... I was living in dreamworld there for a while.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

“Such an incident is rare. Normally it takes each passenger no longer than five minutes” to pass the immigration process at the airport, Prayut said.

Yes right 5 mins. Might be for him. Why is the new boss of immagration not sorting it out

Uh-huh....
He is very good at what he does, ain't he? :whistling:

Presumably he's speaking of his own experience - he gets through in 5 seconds cos he's who he is and his staff get through in 5 minutes cos they are who they are.
The rest of us, who cares?

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

If it takes 5 minutes per person and you are number 10 in the line that is 50 minutes before you have cleared immigration. That us way too long.

Absolutely right. What if you are number 400 when two planes empty out at the same time? 5 minutes is a lifetime. There is no reason why a stamp cant need done in 30 seconds or less. 

3 hours ago, Thian said:

hahaha hahaha hahaha 

34 minutes ago, wvavin said:

I have never in my life experienced a 3 to 5 minutes immigration clearance in any Thai airports, be it domestic or international!

some body is smoking sumtin and i dont know who or what ... but please pass it down the line ....

2 hours ago, JAG said:

The new TM6 form looks as if it requires exactly the same amount of entries as the old TM6 form.
That should help...
emoji3.png

Yes, but it's squeezed onto one side now. So it's smaller, harder to read and harder to fill in. Think camped up on a plane, tired after long flight, trying to read the instructions, then writing tiny to squeeze it in!

Ergonomics is about as high as health and safety and customer service on the agendas!

48 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

More "issuing of orders"?

Makes 'governing' much simpler.

Could you imagine the outrage, and ridicule, if the previous PM had issued so many orders?

Actually she did. She also had the same habit of issuing orders and instructing that this must be solved or improved etc., which were reported in the same style

Seems a trait. 

But having been chief of the army, he's probably used to his orders being carried out. Hasn't realized yet it don't work in government. 

I seen a few CEO's and Operations Directors like that. Issue orders, verbal, email, memo and expect it will all be done just because they said so. Most got the sack.

Mmmm they said 9000 passengers on 13 plus 12 additional aircraft.  9000 divided by 25 aircraft means each aircraft is packed with 360 passengers; total bull <deleted>.

737-800s in Aeroflot’s fleet, the new aircraft is equipped with 158 seats; Airbus A330-200 features 241 seats in a 2-class configuration. Airbus A321 features 170 seats in a 2-class configuration. Airbus A321 features 183 seats in a 2-class configuration. Airbus A330-300 features 296 seats in a 2-class configuration , So is everyone arriving on Airbus A 380's?

Earlier, the Royal Thai Police stated that the chaos at Don Mueang last Friday night was caused by the delay of 13 flights that, in addition to the 12 on-schedule flights, meant that 15 immigration officials on duty had to deal with more than 9,000 passengers. 

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Yup, the joke of the day! Maybe 5 mins for him but not for the highly sort after tourists :post-4641-1156693976: I can only guess that the PM and his "cronies" live in a different world judging by some of their utterances from time to time!

Rose coloured spectacles, ostriches and a place where the sun does not shine comes to mind. :smile:

This guy could give King Canute a run for his money for issuing orders without one iota of management expertise to make it succeed.  The only reason he is their is because he issue orders of suppression and political victimisation in order to protect the Elites of the country.

To manage anything,  let alone a country, you need to put a team together with knowledge and expertise.  I think most people on this forum and the greater population of Thailand are fully aware of where his and his governmental minions, together with the RTP lye.   It certainly is not national economics,  population welfare and airport administration !!

There seem to be some who read Prayut's 5 minutes as from arrival at the Immigration to clearance, others (including me) read it as the processing time.

The former is but a dream, the latter would make Friday's wait-times seem short!

Not making excuses for this at all.  Just wanted to share I had a 3-hour wait in LAX last year.  I had an electronic visa but was unable to use it because I had renewed my passport recently and that gate requires a previous entry under the same passport,  3 hours!  And equally surly immigration officers.

And Schiphol is very bad as well.  The past 4 times I waited about an hour (last time longer) 3 times.  Right at the end a group of 4 immigration officers came back smiling and looking relaxed, suddenly doubling the number of windows.  Scandalous!  Really galling to encounter such African standards in Europe.

As for Thailand, I'm not discrediting others' experience, but I have passed immigration at least 50 times at various times of day, and very rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes.  Usually it's around 5 minutes.  I find it surprising that so many have problems here, not just this week, but it seems to be a general complaint.  The worse lines are when leaving Thailand, but also that was only once when it took maybe an hour.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

I have a retirement visa which is just stamped in the passport with hand written number....Even looking at the Visa number for 5 min I am not sure to get it correctly... Why not glue a machine written Visa like every other country does.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The man obviously never had to join the cue either at Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi, otherwise he wouldn't blurt out this nonsense. Even during the best of times, which occur more rarely than Thai politicians saying something sensible, it takes at least 15 to 20 minutes. I haven't been that lucky in at least two years.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes. that's why the last time I came through Swampy they had signs along the queue saying how long you could expect to wait. The first one someway along the line was 45 minutes, then 30, then 15. What does the PM know about it anyway. He doesn't have to queue.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. that's why the last time I came through Swampy they had signs along the queue saying how long you could expect to wait. The first one someway along the line was 45 minutes, then 30, then 15. What does the PM know about it anyway. He doesn't have to queue.

At Swampy there sometimes is another qeueu for the securitychecks...And i still don't know the rules about who has to take his shoes/belt off and who doesn't.

5 hours ago, Thian said:

I be contented if it takes me 30 mins ....:drunk:

Yes Prayut hates social media as thats the only place now you can find out about the truth (even social media information have to be taken very careful as the TRUTH)

Let people blame the wrong going things and better the so called government takes advantage of the things and not throw everything under the carpet !!!!!!

You should know Mr. Prayut: at the end all lies are discovered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Not making excuses for this at all.  Just wanted to share I had a 3-hour wait in LAX last year.  I had an electronic visa but was unable to use it because I had renewed my passport recently and that gate requires a previous entry under the same passport,  3 hours!  And equally surly immigration officers.

And Schiphol is very bad as well.  The past 4 times I waited about an hour (last time longer) 3 times.  Right at the end a group of 4 immigration officers came back smiling and looking relaxed, suddenly doubling the number of windows.  Scandalous!  Really galling to encounter such African standards in Europe.

As for Thailand, I'm not discrediting others' experience, but I have passed immigration at least 50 times at various times of day, and very rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes.  Usually it's around 5 minutes.  I find it surprising that so many have problems here, not just this week, but it seems to be a general complaint.  The worse lines are when leaving Thailand, but also that was only once when it took maybe an hour.

May i give you an advise for the next time you'll visit Europe: Make choice for Brussels, much better than that stupid Schiphol!

5 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

If it takes 5 minutes per person and you are number 10 in the line that is 50 minutes before you have cleared immigration. That us way too long.

It doesn't say that every person takes 5 minutes to process.

It states that 5 minutes is the average time to pass through immigration. 

A very big difference

Edited by Cyclone88