Al Gore says 'ethical reasons' could end Trump presidency early

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, landslide said:

Whenever I hear Al Gore speak, I can't help thinking about the "Southpark" episodes lampooning Gore's search for the "manbearpig".  Half man, half bear, and half pig.

Have you seen the more recent South Park episodes in which the clueless, self-absorbed Mr. Garrison is Donald Trump?

Just now, heybruce said:

Have you seen the more recent South Park episodes in which the clueless, self-absorbed Mr. Garrison is Donald Trump?

LOL!  Most of the last season, complete with orange skin and helmet hair.  His VP choice was Caitlin Jenner.  He finally realized he was unqualified, and tried to convince voters to vote for Hillary, but she would not break script and kept calling Garrison a liar, even when he said vote for Hillary as the most qualified.  Southpark managed to lampoon both candidates ate the same time.  Great show.

4 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

And where do you get your information from about Gore's current usage of power?

Actually, these facts were widely publicized in numerous sites in the USA following his first movie.  Gore never responded.  Just Google "Al Gore energy usage" for all the info you would want.   His home electrical usage has dropped from 2007 to now, from 34 times average household, to between 10 to 24 times, depending on the time of the year.  Add in his exclusive use of private jets, and energy use and carbon emissions for Gore are substantial.

3 hours ago, landslide said:

Actually, these facts were widely publicized in numerous sites in the USA following his first movie.  Gore never responded.  Just Google "Al Gore energy usage" for all the info you would want.   His home electrical usage has dropped from 2007 to now, from 34 times average household, to between 10 to 24 times, depending on the time of the year.  Add in his exclusive use of private jets, and energy use and carbon emissions for Gore are substantial.

Doesen't he have several homes? What about the hotel in P-town(Portland OR),

with the health spa worker that filed a complaint against him? Did he settle our

of court?

18 hours ago, heybruce said:

Sorry, I misread your post.  Let's try this:

You cited broad based economic trends as evidence that Trump is good for the economy.  I replied by pointing out that the economy was following the improving trend begun under Obama.  You then mentioned that money was still tight for some people.  That will always be true.

Let's get back to the big picture.  Trump's only contribution to the US economy has been to rescind some environmental regulations and allow more pollution in the air and water.  His only attempted "contribution" to health care, which you seem to care about, was to eliminate health care for tens of millions of people.  His plans that could affect the economy, infrastructure spending and tax reform, are even less thought out than his (lack of) health care plan, and stand even less of a chance of passage. 

When the Obama recovery runs out of steam due to neglect, Trump will have nothing with which to replace it.  Though I'm sure his quick fix will be to allow even companies to pollute more.

"Let's try this"  No thanks.  Go back to the drawing board.  How do you use the key board while in a "straight jacket?" :cheesy:

13 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

I thought this buffoon was irrelevant these days, but hes still making propaganda movies?

He is, and even more unfortunately, there are many who fall for the s**t he's spruiking!!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

5 hours ago, rice555 said:

Doesen't he have several homes? What about the hotel in P-town(Portland OR),

with the health spa worker that filed a complaint against him? Did he settle our

of court?

Typical smear attempt - cleared of all charges

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

"Let's try this"  No thanks.  Go back to the drawing board.  How do you use the key board while in a "straight jacket?" :cheesy:

Having no facts to counter my post doesn't keep you from replying, does it?

Why didn't you just cite the major legislative accomplishments under Trump and point out how they improve the economy?  Oh yeah, there aren't any.  :sad:

Just now, heybruce said:

Why didn't you just cite the major legislative accomplishments under Trump and point out how they improve the economy?  Oh yeah, there aren't any.  :sad:

No thanks man.  Complete waste of time communicating with you.  Actually you're going to the ignore bin.  Enjoy your dream... :intheclub:

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

No thanks man.  Complete waste of time communicating with you.  Actually you're going to the ignore bin.  Enjoy your dream... :intheclub:

Complete waste of time communicating with someone who doesn't use facts.  Enjoy your fact-free fantasy world.

On ‎9‎-‎8‎-‎2017 at 4:35 AM, boomerangutang said:

I can't justify Gore living in a large house, and using a lot of electricity-sucking appliances.  Personally, I take showers using water pumped from a PV electric pump, and heated by passive solar tanks I built for Bt.900.    

Yet, Gore is a messenger.  He won the Nobel Peace Prize.   He's been educating a lot of people ww about the consequences of emitting greenhouse-causing gases.  It's estimated that each person on the planet accounts for an average of 1 ton of CO2 emissions/year.  That's nearly 7 billion tons of CO2 annually.  Look at any Chinese city by satellite photo, and you'll see a dirty yellow blob.  Similar for most other cities ww.

When a care-giver goes to a place where there is mass starvation, does that person starve also?  No. The care-giver gets meals (at HQ or wherever), but hopefully that person and his/her organization are effective at handing out aid and water to the starving thousands.

When Trump stumps about helping the poor & unemployed in the US, do we expect him to also be poor and unemployed - in order to be credible?

Should the caregiver come on his private plane eating caviar?

And the yellow blob isn't CO2.

I really think that clipper chip al lacks of respecting peoples rights

speaks about his character. With all the electronic snooping today

we are not any safer.

THE WHITE HOUSE
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

EMBARGOED UNTIL, 3: 00 PM EST             CONTACT: 202/456-7035 
February 4, 1994

STATEMENT OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

Today's announcements on encryption represent important steps in 
the implementation of the Administration's policy on this critical 
issue. Our policy is designed to provide better encryption to 
individuals and businesses while ensuring that the needs of law 
enforcement and national security are met.

Encryption is a law and order issue since it can be used by criminals 
to thwart wiretaps and avoid detection and prosecution. It also has 
huge strategic value. Encryption technology and cryptoanalysis 
turned the tide in the Pacific and elsewhere during World War II.

The problems of privacy, e-mail and government wiretapping are not unfamiliar to Vice President Al Gore. The Clinton-Gore White House recently lost a large portion of the vice president’s e-mails and is now unable to deliver them to investigators involved in the 1996 campaign finance probe.
The vice president has a darker side yet to be covered by the media. Al Gore knows much about the federal government efforts to wiretap every home and office in America. He should. Al Gore has led that effort to bug America since 1993. As part of the Clinton administration, Al Gore made the policy that endorsed the Clipper chip and created the FBI Carnivore software program.

rice555

Vice President Gore is a great American and one of foremost climate experts in the world. The orange buffoon would not make a pimple on Gore's a**

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Absolutely. It's absurd to accuse him of being involved in the issue for money. Everyone needs money but a brilliant successful man like him could have made much more money in life in the private sector if that was his motivation.

Most Americans realize the presidency was stolen from him but he did the patriotic thing by not starting a civil war about that.

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

Are you suggesting Global Warming is a fraud?  I wonder how Al Gore got all those scientists in on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

MONEY

Evidence?

No, of course not.  Although there is evidence that Trump and company are trying to hide legitimate science showing that Global Warming is a real risk.  https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/08/trump-administration-climate-change-ban-usda 

This might be one of the ethical issues Al Gore is referring to, but there are so many possibilities it's difficult to know.

Edited by heybruce