Marriage visa - how to calculate money required?

For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k?

I would assume that your annual income plus bank 2 months bank statement would need to add up to 400k gross (similar combination strategy to retirement extension requirements). As an aside, if you are working in Thailand - don't bother...just extend based on work 

1 hour ago, torrow said:

For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k?

The latest version of the extension rules no longer allows a combination of income and money in the bank for the marriage extension.

7 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Is this amount to be shown every year?  Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B).  Interested in changing this.  Elite card is always another option.

Every year. 

21 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Is this amount to be shown every year?  Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B).  Interested in changing this.  Elite card is always another option.

If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank

On 12/08/2017 at 1:45 PM, pby92 said:

If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank

I never said there was a problem and it certainly isn't.  I was just asking a question if it was to be shown every year.  :thumbsup:  Oh and it's baht not baths, why so many people get this wrong.  

Edited by Phuketboy
  • Haha 1

On 12/08/2017 at 4:28 AM, elviajero said:

No.

You can only use a combination of both when applying for an extension based on retirement.

Hey I'm curious, what proof do they require for monthly income?  

About 18months ago I changed my invoicing to my partners name(for tax reasons)

if I start showing my income again, how many months of bank statement do they need, and do they accept bank statements?

23 minutes ago, DjSiN said:

Hey I'm curious, what proof do they require for monthly income?  

About 18months ago I changed my invoicing to my partners name(for tax reasons)

if I start showing my income again, how many months of bank statement do they need, and do they accept bank statements?

For "income-based" financials, they accept a sworn-statement from your Embassy - no 'statements' as primary-evidence.  A few offices require that you get MFA Certification validating your embassy consular's signature.  Some might also want to see some proof of money coming in, which a bank-book could provide.

For "money-in-the-bank-based" financials, they accept a bank-book + letter from bank.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1