Tsunami?! Run for your lives - it's only 700 kilometers to safety!

rooster59

Tsunami?! Run for your lives - it's only 700 kilometers to safety!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1CkRfEXikYwNgMQC.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Facebook pictures of a tsunami warning sign in Rawai district of Phuket had the Thais having a laugh at the authorities' expense.

The sign in English and Thai that advised about tsunami evacuation suggested going either way for 700 kilometers.

Some people asked a tad ironically as to whether Bangkok was sufficient to get away from the giant wave or would it need to be Chiang Mai.

Thai Rath said it was clearly a mistake and meant to say 700 meters but mentioned in their headline that foreigners were confused.

Sarayuth Mallam said on Facebook that there really ought not to be mistakes in such important signage.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-12

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Seems that the last disaster is totally forgotten and no lessons learnt....either by the Thais or the farangs....

History, or learning from it does not exist in Thailand. In every aspect of life, society and government.

12 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

So am I still safe here in Buriram?

I'm sure Uncle Newin has everything under control. I understand that I-Mobile stadium is actually a modern day version of Noah's Ark (but it's a secret!). That's why he lives so close :)

1 hour ago, GiantFan said:

On the way back from the airport the other day I saw a good one.  Something like village approaching, produce speed.

And the ever present one "village approaching,reduce speed" and then NO village just empty road