Banish Bannon? Trump weighs his options as top aides feud

webfact

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

What, no pro-Trump or pro-Bannon posts?

Last year Thai girls would say their customers all like Trump; "Why you not like Trump?" Where, indeed, have they all gone? Debate is the path; compromise the goal.

19 hours ago, HungWell said:

I'm happy Trump got elected. His election has opened up the presidency to non-politicians. Come 2020 I think the field of candidates is going to have some real quality outsiders. America has always had an uncanny knack of correcting itself just as things seem to be at their bleakest. All the US has to do is survive the 4 years Trump is president - impeaching him would be a greater mistake than the 2006 coup in Thailand.

All the US has to do is survive the 4 years Trump is president -

Good luck with that !

13 hours ago, bazza73 said:

I understand he does play golf. I'll bet on two things, however: 1/ It's in a golf cart 2/ He cheats.

There's always the prospect of him starving to death if his golf cart breaks down, since he's unable to walk back to the club house.

43 minutes ago, maximillian said:

All the US has to do is survive the 4 years Trump is president -

Good luck with that !

I will tell you that I think the average American will be  little affected by Trump and all his drama. Heck many Americans crave the drama that's why they hated no drama, competent Obama. They love the bomblastic behavior forever threatening all sides. It's the same reason WWE had such high ratings there. Who I think is in for a very tough financial time is the average Brit. This Brexit lunacy is going to put the UK into a very deep recession that could last a decade or more. 

5 minutes ago, pegman said:

I will tell you that I think the average American will be  little affected by Trump and all his drama. Heck many Americans crave the drama that's why they hated no drama, competent Obama. They love the bomblastic behavior forever threatening all sides. It's the same reason WWE had such high ratings there. Who I think is in for a very tough financial time is the average Brit. This Brexit lunacy is going to put the UK into a very deep recession that could last a decade or more. 

Not true. Reports are saying it's having an effect on people's mental health. Many loved Obama. And many are super stressed about their health care options now.

Don't forget, a majority did not vote for Trump.

28 minutes ago, pegman said:

I don't have any use for either but Bannon did tell a reporter today that the KKK & Neo-Nazi crowd were clowns and losers.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

I've got to give Bannon credit on the North Korea question. From that article:

"Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.” Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim."

16 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Last year Thai girls would say their customers all like Trump; "Why you not like Trump?" Where, indeed, have they all gone? Debate is the path; compromise the goal.

Not the Thai girls I know, but then I wasn't their customer

17 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Not true. Reports are saying it's having an effect on people's mental health. Many loved Obama. And many are super stressed about their health care options now.

Don't forget, a majority did not vote for Trump.

There are plenty of drugs for stress. A small percentage of people are affected by the health insurance debate. The average guy has seen no change that's the biggest problem. Too many have the attitude that I'm all right screw the others. The opinions I heard first hand in Pattaya from Americans were that Obama didn't threaten other countries nearly enough for their liking. 

2 minutes ago, pegman said:

There are plenty of drugs for stress. A small percentage of people are affected by the health insurance debate. The average guy has seen no change that's the biggest problem. Too many have the attitude that I'm all right screw the others. The opinions I heard first hand in Pattaya from Americans were that Obama didn't threaten other countries nearly enough for their liking. 

Unfortunately, those drugs have led to an opioid epidemic. 

17 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I've got to give Bannon credit on the North Korea question. From that article:

"Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.” Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim."

Yes his comments re: N.Korea did reflect reality unlike his boss. As far as China goes he is determined to make sure the Americans continue to control the world economy. I don't think any country should and I think it will fortunately fail.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Forecasts of 22 to 32 million people losing their health care due to Trump's BS is hardly a small percentage of people.

Take drugs?  Seriously?

You're hanging out with the wrong Americans. I've never heard that statement from any American.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Yes his comments re: N.Korea did reflect reality unlike his boss. As far as China goes he is determined to make sure the Americans continue to control the world economy. I don't think any country should and I think it will fortunately fail.

You don'tseem to understand the issues with China. It's hardly about controlling the world economy.  LOL

29 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Forecasts of 22 to 32 million people losing their health care due to Trump's BS is hardly a small percentage of people.

Take drugs?  Seriously?

You're hanging out with the wrong Americans. I've never heard that statement from any American.

I detect a degree of sarcasm in his post.  

Report: Steve Bannon out of White House, Submitted Resignation August 7

UPDATE: The White House confirms with a statement from Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders: “White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Steve Bannon have mutually agreed today would be Steve’s last day. We are grateful for his service and wish him the best.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-out-white-house/

-Scroll down and read the comments on this forum. Trump supporters are bailing :cheesy:

Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'

With the departure from the White House of strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who helped shape the so-called nationalist-populist program embraced by Donald Trump in his unlikely path to election, a new phase of the Trump presidency begins.

Given Trump’s nature, what comes next will hardly be conventional, but it may well be less willfully disruptive—which, to Bannon, had been the point of winning the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/bannon-the-trump-presidency-that-we-fought-for-and-won-is-over./article/2009355