Immigration Volunteers make life easier

On 8/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

I seen several reports over time for both offices where the volunteers gave out incorrect info. The most grievous is ones is telling people they don't qualify for an extension when they do.

THAT could get ugly; might easily lead to folks getting belligerent in an immigration office, which is just about the worst thing to do

I am amazed really places like BKK/Pattaya/Phuket/chiang mai. Why a Thai has not set up a checking company.

Yes i know there are agents now. But a relativley inexpensive document checking buisness. 200bht for that you get your documents checked off for the diffrent types of Extensions. No doing anything for you at immigration pure checking. 

8 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

I am amazed really places like BKK/Pattaya/Phuket/chiang mai. Why a Thai has not set up a checking company.

Yes i know there are agents now. But a relativley inexpensive document checking buisness. 200bht for that you get your documents checked off for the diffrent types of Extensions. No doing anything for you at immigration pure checking. 

IMHO getting your papers right, is no rocket science. 

Requires just a little bit of "googling" or looking it up in this forum.

The only reason, I'm using a agent, is to wait for hours in CM with its immigration totally overrun by digital nomads and PRC Chinese (in Jomtien I never used an agent, because the processing time was negligible).

9 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

IMHO getting your papers right, is no rocket science. 

Requires just a little bit of "googling" or looking it up in this forum.

The only reason, I'm using a agent, is to wait for hours in CM with its immigration totally overrun by digital nomads and PRC Chinese (in Jomtien I never used an agent, because the processing time was negligible).

Well you hit the nail on the head waiting around only to find your missing xx form.

I  would see 200bht as  well spent. Got to remember a very very small % of Expats use this site. I agree there are the Experts who will guide you. But no matter what is asked there is always several diffrent opinions. Also seems to me every immigration office has there own little foibles.

Something i will have to look into.

Could there be a better scheme? The foreigners who are treated as third class citizens even if married helping out for free to the very same organization which treats them as such.

I wonder why those volunteers are so bored with their life

5 minutes ago, JohnLick said:

Could there be a better scheme? The foreigners who are treated as third class citizens even if married helping out for free to the very same organization which treats them as such.

I wonder why those volunteers are so bored with their life

Or they just want to help other people. 

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1