Money transfer to EU form a Thai citizen, not easy ? at least at kasikorn...

Don't know the details of your situation, but my Thai wife was able to send a substantial amount of money from her account at BBL to our joint account in the US with relative ease. The funds were partial proceeds from the sale of our home. A reason for sending the money must be selected from a handful of possible choices - she used "personal living expenses". She also holds a US passport, so that may have made things easier. Interesting to note that although the destination account is a joint account, only my name name was listed on the transfer request as the destination account holder.

We first tried to send the funds from my account, but after 2 hours of back-and-forth between the branch in Phuket, and HQ in Bangkok, there were just too many roadblocks so the local branch suggested we just transfer the money to my wife's account and have her send it.

Apparently BBL internet banking allows Thais to send money abroad, a privilege extended to those foreigners with a work permit.

Might be worth investigating for the next time around.

Correct - but first they have to complete an application for international funds transfer, and register the foreign accounts to which they'll be sending at a BBL branch. Once approved, they can use online banking to send to any of those registered accounts.