Seven Chinese arrested over Pattaya gambling service

webfact

Seven Chinese arrested over Pattaya gambling service

By The Nation

Chon Buri police have arrested three Chinese men and four Chinese women for allegedly running an online gambling den in Pattaya.

Provincial Police Bureau 2 commissioner Pol Lt-General Jitti Rodbangyang held a morning press conference on Friday at the bureau head office to announce the arrest.

Jitti said the seven have entered Thailand on student visas and have been operating an online gambling den, betting on sport results, for eight months.

They were arrested at a rented house in Natcha housing estate in Tambon Nong Plue in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police seized 10 notebook computers, two wi-fi routers and lists of their clients.

Jitti said the gang received bets from clients in Thailand totalling tens of millions of baht and transferred money to their boss abroad. He said the leader of the team was paid about Bt1.5 million a month for the job.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30324190

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-18

I don't think online gambling is legal in China. But why not start this operation from somewhere else than Thailand ? Or do they have Thai customers who pay cash ? Not very smart. 

8 minutes ago, champers said:

That is more than the manager of the Thai national team gets paid. He has to make do with just a measly million.

I.5m divided among 7 equates to more that 200,000 each per month - considerably more than the average Thai and ten times more than my UK pension!!!!