Man dead as motorcycle hits central reservation in Phuket

rooster59

Man dead as motorcycle hits central reservation in Phuket 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1503130345_1.jpg

Police believe the man was driving from Naka Shrine to Dowroong Intersection, lost control in a bend and hit the central reservation. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A motorcyclist died at the scene of an accident in Wichit this morning after allegedly losing control of his bike and hitting central reservation not far from Dowroong Wittaya School.

At around 10.40am today (August 19) Wichit Police were informed of an accident on the road leading from Chao Fah West Rd to Dowroong Intersection south of Phuket Town. Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a damaged motorbike and a body of an unidentified male lying on the road some 500 meters from the intersection.

According to Lt Keawsirinat Thairat from Wichit Police Station the man sustained fatal head injury in the crash. Body was sent to Vachira Hospital.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-dead-as-motorcycle-hits-central-reservation-in-phuket-63527.php#0b42DQ68ZPszSSGf.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-19

One of the first things that would be done in other countries is to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle. This information would be available in under one minute either over the radio or on the onboard computer. The police here don't seem to do that. I understand the registered keeper may not be the driver but it usually would be and if not, it provides a very useful line of enquiry.

We've had lots of new "central reservations" installed on visit road over the last couple of years, and I'm convinced that I hear less sirens nowadays.

however, obviously they can't cure all road ills, and this fellow appears to be on the way to "Do-wrong"..... :sorry:

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

One of the first things that would be done in other countries is to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle. This information would be available in under one minute either over the radio or on the onboard computer. The police here don't seem to do that. I understand the registered keeper may not be the driver but it usually would be and if not, it provides a very useful line of enquiry.

Incorrect, that is the first thing police do.

8 hours ago, farcanell said:

We've had lots of new "central reservations" installed on visit road over the last couple of years, and I'm convinced that I hear less sirens nowadays.

however, obviously they can't cure all road ills, and this fellow appears to be on the way to "Do-wrong"..... :sorry:

Well it weren't the rain to blame so that only leaves the sun