Pattaya Court releases four redshirt leaders on bail

rooster59

Pattaya Court releases four redshirt leaders on bail

uddpattaya.jpg

The Pattaya Provincial Court on Friday night (Aug 18) freed four redshirt leaders after their families posted bails for their conditional release.

The four were among 13 redshirt leaders who were sentenced to four years in prison for disrupting the Pattaya ASEAN Summit on April 11, 2009.

The four prisoners were released from the Pattaya Special Prison amid warm welcome by their family members.

They are Worachai Hema, Nisit Sinthuprai, Payab Panket, and Somyos Phrompa.

Their lawyer Nattapol Panyasoong said families of the four convicts posted altogether 1.5 million baht cash as bail and was accepted by the court.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pattaya-court-releases-four-redshirt-leaders-bails/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-20

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

The whole point of having Junta As the Lefties here bleat about , is that in generall Worldwide they just shoot malcontents.Not here though..?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So just locking them up is OK? The government of my home country doesn't shoot malcontents. I don't know of many that do. I don't want Thailand to join a race to the bottom, in terms of civil liberties.

Edited by champers

12 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

The break-in at the ASEAN Summit was both disturbing and violent.  I hope that as a condition of their bail release that these red-shiet leaders are prohibited from being in Bangkok for the reading of Yingluck's trial verdict.

Why?

10 hours ago, Graemej100 said:

Why?

A common condition of bail is to avoid a recurrence of the events that led to the original criminal charge.  In this case, the courts are fully aware that the redshirts are organizing with respect to the reading of Yingluck's verdict.  By prohibiting these defendants from attending, organizing and inciting the assembly, there is no chance that they will become recidivists, at least with respect to this particular event.