What is the lowest rent i can expect to pay for 1 bd apt in BKK?

Csaw

4 hours ago, MartinKal said:

Very lovely flat in muang thong thani, just done up from ceiling to floor, wiring, plumbing, all new furniture, tasteful.

Half hour to Sukumvit.

38 sq metres.

950,000 baht. That is right.

And nowhere near public transportation except for buses and taxis, at least for the time being.

5 hours ago, MartinKal said:

Very lovely flat in muang thong thani, just done up from ceiling to floor, wiring, plumbing, all new furniture, tasteful.

Half hour to Sukumvit.

38 sq metres.

950,000 baht. That is right.

Just bought a fully furnished 1 bedroom (not stiudio) 42m sq condo in Jom Tien for 1.2 Mil,   plenty to be had 900K - 1.6 Mil down there.  Although I would have preferred Bangkok, couldn't pass this one up, compound has six swimming pools in it.

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Just bought a fully furnished 1 bedroom (not stiudio) 42m sq condo in Jom Tien for 1.2 Mil,   plenty to be had 900K - 1.6 Mil down there.  Although I would have preferred Bangkok, couldn't pass this one up, compound has six swimming pools in it.

He said "rent in Bangkok" what has that got to do with it?

I wouldn't live there if they paid me ฿1.6m.

It's hard to imagine a place for 1200 baht.  That's 1.20$/ day.   I can imagine a guy wanting to just have minimum living quarters and not be low on funds.   Perhaps he has read TV advice and decided he won't bring any women back to his place.  Maybe he will spend most of his time at his girlfriend (s) place(s).  

Maybe he just needs a headquarters for extensive travel.  At 3000/mo that's cheaper than many Bkk hotels. Rental Lodging seems to be one place where thailand is 5-10 times cheaper than USA.  I had determined my budget for lodging would be 10-15 k depending on region, city. 

*facepalm* Not ANOTHER desperado cheap charlie... I've said it dozens of times before, if you're so poor that you have to live in this kind of accommodation in Thailand, you're really much, much, MUCH better off back in your own country where you at least have a social safety net, because otherwise you're very much at risk... Can you scrape together enough for a one-way ticket back home???

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

*facepalm* Not ANOTHER desperado cheap charlie... I've said it dozens of times before, if you're so poor that you have to live in this kind of accommodation in Thailand, you're really much, much, MUCH better off back in your own country where you at least have a social safety net, because otherwise you're very much at risk... Can you scrape together enough for a one-way ticket back home???

I saw on another site a guy looking for a room for 18 days for 12k Baht.

Oh and of course he has his extensive list of requirements for this palace as well.

Its hilarious to see really!

1,990 baht per month.

Sukhumvit 105, Soi 26. It's about 2km to the BTS.

For that you get a bare concrete room with no furniture, and a shared shower/toilet in the hall. Just a tiled floor, a striplight and a plug socket (electricity costs extra).

2 months deposit and 1 month rent in advance. Your deposit might well be withheld for numerous reasons...

I know this doesn't directly help the OP, but it does give him somewhere to move up from.

There are places for 1,000 baht a month, but they really are sketchy.

20170818_141919.jpg

On August 21, 2017 at 0:52 AM, smotherb said:

Why is it so many people who apparently have very little money keep wanting to come here? The prospect of finding good wage work is almost nil and a continued poverty-level existence cannot be their goal; or is it? I know several farangs who have been teaching English here for 20-30 years. They are in their late fifties or early sixties and none of them have any assets, pensions or chances at anything except a mediocre NES teacher's salary.  One had a minor stay in hospital and expected everyone else to pay his bills. What do they think they will do when they get old and sick? Or is that the problem, they don't think?

i think most are just above water, start thinking of ways to skim and end up over here thinking they can have a good lifestyle for less money. Airfare can be paid at that point.

once here for several years you combine wine, women and song along with no income coming in and trying to keep up with the two week millionaires passing through and you get what I refer to as skint chaps with no future.

The OP just asked a question about lowest price to expect for a livable room.  He even showed a picture of something acceptable.   

We don't know his motives, financial or other information and I don't think it's important.   No reason to A$$ume anything or pass judgement.   What better place to ask than here?   

On 8/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, onthesoi said:

You can find a home that meets your description from 2000 up but it wont look like your picture.

I pay 4000 for 50sq, 2 bedrooms, big kitchen, balcony, wet room: sit down toilet, shower, 24hr very good & well trained security, gated community, 1mb/s internet is an extra 240b per month.....but Ive never seen another falang in this area so maybe that is keymto getting a good deal.

Can't help wondering how you get 2 bedrooms AND a big kitchen into 50sqm

On 8/21/2017 at 11:47 PM, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

He said "rent in Bangkok" what has that got to do with it?

I wouldn't live there if they paid me ฿1.6m.

I was replying to someone else - hey, to each his/her own - 'some people fold their toilet paper before wiping, some people just bunch it up'.  I have lived in all five corners of Thailand over a sdpan of thirty years, and at this time in my life??  I prefer Chonburi, hope you're happy wherever in NakonaNoWhere you are.   Peace

What if your home country is India or Pakistan ? We do not know if OP comes from a western background. Do not think all foreigners in Thailand are in the same boat.

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

...  I have lived in all five corners of Thailand over a sdpan of thirty years, and at this time in my life??  I prefer Chonburi, hope you're happy wherever in NakonaNoWhere you are.   Peace

Lol.   I love it.  

7 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I was replying to someone else - hey, to each his/her own - 'some people fold their toilet paper before wiping, some people just bunch it up'.  I have lived in all five corners of Thailand over a sdpan of thirty years, and at this time in my life??  I prefer Chonburi, hope you're happy wherever in NakonaNoWhere you are.   Peace

Yep, I have done much the same. I live in the Bangkok northern suburbs these days, as I don't like to travel on the roads.

Hey if you like if cheap and nasty who am I to say you are wrong?

Enjoy, each to his own as you say.

:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Ever use a bum gun before?