Buying Ethereum in Thailand Safely

FruitPudding

On 24/08/2017 at 7:49 PM, ThailandLOS said:

Bx.in.th is the largest exchange here and they carry abt 15 crypto currencies, including ETH,

Used them for quite some time and never had any issue with them. Previously they had issues with denial of service attacks (extortion for ransom) but this is gone since they went behind Cloudflare.

Low fees and never any issues sending to private wallet or bank.

Btw, if you like the ETH concept, then you might want to look at OmiseGO (OMG) which is a similar token concept but for payments to merchants and loyalty point exchange. The mother company Omise has 50.000 merchants in SEA ready to launch OMG. Will be happening in the next 6 months and OMG price has already started to move (30x since Jan).

Same lead guys behind both ETH and OMG.

Thanks for the tip on OMG.

McDonalds Thailand deal official now and a deal with Krungsri Bank of Ayudaya.

Krungsri is a subsidary of a big Japanese bank. There are hints of news with them too.

Fortunately I bought some OMGs already

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, uli65 said:

hello, I need information how or where to invest in OmiseGO. I could not find out anything in the homepage.

thank you for help.

From Thailand, you can buy at www.bx.in.th . Otherwise buy BTC somewhere and exchange for OmiseGO on www.bittrex.com or www.binance.com .

21 hours ago, speedtripler said:

i am also doing nicely on omg even though i only bought it weeks ago ......seems to be a technological breakthrough using plasma on the blockchain to scale up to billions to txs per second if necessary ........mcdonalds and kringsri are just extra icing on the cake imo 

Glad you got in - this token will do great and I was among the lucky buyers at the ICO (abt 0.25 USD). With more than 50.000 Omise merchants in SEA ready to adopt OmiseGo and backed by the Ethereum founder it simply can't fail. There will be a lot of failed projects next year after the ICO boom recently, but OMG is definitely not one of them.

Dividend per token is currently estimated at 2.50 USD - which makes the price ridiculously low. Price will start moving next quarter when the merchant wallet kit is released.

Would also recommend to look into Kyber.network, backed by the same crew and has close ties with OMG. It will sweep the exchange competition away starting next year. Still quite cheap - abt 3x ICO price.

Edited by ThailandLOS

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2017 at 8:39 PM, ThailandLOS said:

Glad you got in - this token will do great and I was among the lucky buyers at the ICO (abt 0.25 USD). With more than 50.000 Omise merchants in SEA ready to adopt OmiseGo and backed by the Ethereum founder it simply can't fail. There will be a lot of failed projects next year after the ICO boom recently, but OMG is definitely not one of them.

Dividend per token is currently estimated at 2.50 USD - which makes the price ridiculously low. Price will start moving next quarter when the merchant wallet kit is released.

Would also recommend to look into Kyber.network, backed by the same crew and has close ties with OMG. It will sweep the exchange competition away starting next year. Still quite cheap - abt 3x ICO price.

So where can we buy Kyber from Thailand?

I am with bx.in.th but it isnt there. I can find a way to buy from the Kyber website

Thanks for all your info. Anymore tips, by the way?

What do you think about ZRX?

33 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

So where can we buy Kyber from Thailand?

I am with bx.in.th but it isnt there. I can find a way to buy from the Kyber website

Thanks for all your info. Anymore tips, by the way?

What do you think about ZRX?

Best way is to buy OMG on BX.in.th (ETH and BTC is usually overpriced).

Then 1) open an account with Binance - it's super easy, convenient and the rates are good.

2) Send your OMG to Binance and convert to them to ETH (I normlly use Shapeshift to convert OMG to ETH and send them directly to Binance, but that's optional to get an even better rate).

3) Trade your ETH against KNC (Kyber Crystal)

4) Store them safely in your own ETH wallet. I use MyEtherWallet together with Ledger S, which has insane security - but for smaller stacks Exodus client installation on PC is an alternative. Never smart phone.

I love ZRX and hold quite a lot. The price will probably take off when people see that Bitfinex comes out with the decentralized EthFinex solution based on 0x in a couple of months.

Also look at the latest update (today) from OMG - they will most likely go live in Dec with some of their top merchants (out of 50k+ in total) - which means that token holders can begin staking and earn dividend. To handle the transaction load they will use a temp scalability/exchange solution from Cosmos. Cosmos had their ICO a few months back but are not yet listed on exchanges. Later (eof 2018) Kyber will take the spot as go to exchange for OMG. OMG very cheap now, will very likely reach all time high before enf of year.

Other projects of interest:

Raiden - ICO ongoing now, weird kind of dutch auction system and need to wait for price to come down. I will chip in on this - it's one of the best projects in the blockchain scalability space.

NEO: getting more of these - once the Chinese are done with the commie congress this month the fog will clear and it should double in the next few months.

STORM - ICO in 17 days - very promising kind of sticky solution for people who want to earn cash by solving microtasks - totally gamified. They already have a user base and the CEO of Bittrex on the advisor board. Will chip in 3-4 ETH on this.

Quantstamp - very good project to certify smart contract security. I don't like their requirements for ICO whitelist (basically do free marketing for them) - so will pass for that reason, nothing else.

Bitcoin - obviously everyone is putting money into BTC now before the two forks 'coz there is free money to be made' - but BTC itself would be on a bullrun no matter what. I see BTC over 10k USD by end of 2017 and could even possible touch 15k. Has a place in every portfolio.

17 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Best way is to buy OMG on BX.in.th (ETH and BTC is usually overpriced).

Then 1) open an account with Binance - it's super easy, convenient and the rates are good.

2) Send your OMG to Binance and convert to them to ETH (I normlly use Shapeshift to convert OMG to ETH and send them directly to Binance, but that's optional to get an even better rate).

3) Trade your ETH against KNC (Kyber Crystal)

4) Store them safely in your own ETH wallet. I use MyEtherWallet together with Ledger S, which has insane security - but for smaller stacks Exodus client installation on PC is an alternative. Never smart phone.

I love ZRX and hold quite a lot. The price will probably take off when people see that Bitfinex comes out with the decentralized EthFinex solution based on 0x in a couple of months.

Also look at the latest update (today) from OMG - they will most likely go live in Dec with some of their top merchants (out of 50k+ in total) - which means that token holders can begin staking and earn dividend. To handle the transaction load they will use a temp scalability/exchange solution from Cosmos. Cosmos had their ICO a few months back but are not yet listed on exchanges. Later (eof 2018) Kyber will take the spot as go to exchange for OMG. OMG very cheap now, will very likely reach all time high before enf of year.

Other projects of interest:

Raiden - ICO ongoing now, weird kind of dutch auction system and need to wait for price to come down. I will chip in on this - it's one of the best projects in the blockchain scalability space.

NEO: getting more of these - once the Chinese are done with the commie congress this month the fog will clear and it should double in the next few months.

STORM - ICO in 17 days - very promising kind of sticky solution for people who want to earn cash by solving microtasks - totally gamified. They already have a user base and the CEO of Bittrex on the advisor board. Will chip in 3-4 ETH on this.

Quantstamp - very good project to certify smart contract security. I don't like their requirements for ICO whitelist (basically do free marketing for them) - so will pass for that reason, nothing else.

Bitcoin - obviously everyone is putting money into BTC now before the two forks 'coz there is free money to be made' - but BTC itself would be on a bullrun no matter what. I see BTC over 10k USD by end of 2017 and could even possible touch 15k. Has a place in every portfolio.

Thanks again. I use MEW too. Don't have a ledger yet. I live in Isaan. Where to buy them? Is Amazon safe?

I will look at Binance. No problems verifying from Thailand? Is it even neccessary to verify before you can use all functions?

Sorry to pick your brains, I only got into crypto since this thread started. Still worried about making dumb mistakes and losing everything, lol.

I will probaly just send ETH to Binance from MEW to get some Kyber. 

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Thanks again. I use MEW too. Don't have a ledger yet. I live in Isaan. Where to buy them? Is Amazon safe?

I will look at Binance. No problems verifying from Thailand? Is it even neccessary to verify before you can use all functions?

Sorry to pick your brains, I only got into crypto since this thread started. Still worried about making dumb mistakes and losing everything, lol.

I will probaly just send ETH to Binance from MEW to get some Kyber. 

Np, I'm happy to help and spread the word. People should now about this - tired of bankers getting all the breaks.

Binance - for under 2.5 btc withdrawals daily, email verification is sufficient.

Ledger - Amazon is safe, I bought mine from Lazada tho - like I said, the security is insane, the keys never leave the device, you can basically plug it into a machine in any crappy internet cafe and still be safe.

The integrity of the firmware is checked by a special chip on device start AND everytime logging into the naitive ledger apps from google store.

Ledger even has a video on their site on how to pick the thing apart and check for compromised/added malicious hardware :)

28 minutes ago, Jdietz said:

bx.in.th looks like an identity theft scam to me, sending them a picture of me holding my passport? yeah right.

This is standard procedure for Know Your Customer in the online space. I assure you that they make plenty more cash from running the exchange than stealing anyones identity.

Edited by ThailandLOS

2 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

Np, I'm happy to help and spread the word. People should now about this - tired of bankers getting all the breaks.

Binance - for under 2.5 btc withdrawals daily, email verification is sufficient.

Ledger - Amazon is safe, I bought mine from Lazada tho - like I said, the security is insane, the keys never leave the device, you can basically plug it into a machine in any crappy internet cafe and still be safe.

The integrity of the firmware is checked by a special chip on device start AND everytime logging into the naitive ledger apps from google store.

Ledger even has a video on their site on how to pick the thing apart and check for compromised/added malicious hardware :)

Binance seems flexible for under 2.5 BTC however some say via taking a back seat?
https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/binance/overview

1 hour ago, sujoop said:

Binance seems flexible for under 2.5 BTC however some say via taking a back seat?
https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/binance/overview

I never experienced any issues with Binance, although I'm not doing day trading anymore and have no problem gettng my orders filled.

Note that comments are outdated and some of them uninformed - Binance doesn't allow Chinese customers anymore after the recent crackdown.

Also, only exchange I know that allows free withdrawals of NEO.

• 2 weeks later...

While considering buying some cryptocurrency via bx.in.th as a consequence of the positive comments posted here about this exchange, I came across this statement in their Terms and Conditions: 

“The customer must agree never to exchange currencies purchased from the Website for any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.  The customer must also guarantee that any crypto-currency the customer sells at the Website have never been involved in exchange with any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.”

I would like to be sure I understand the first sentence of this. Am I being asked to agree to exchange any cryptocurrency acquired from bx.in.th for Thai Baht only? As for the second sentence, I have no clue  about what they want me to guarantee. Could someone please comment? Thanks.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:37 AM, Jdietz said:

bx.in.th looks like an identity theft scam to me, sending them a picture of me holding my passport? yeah right.

paranoid much ? lol 

CIMB bank in singapore wanted me to do the same thing a couple of years ago and then they followed it up with a skype call 

because i couldnt be bothered going there in person to open  accounts ........

12 hours ago, Jdietz said:

Well seeing that about everything bitcoin related is either a scam or a scheme, not surprisingly so.

If you disagree, I have a couple nice ICOs to sell you.

What does Bitcoin have to do with ICOs - or any other venture seeking starting capital for that matter?

Are you one of those who claimed that the car would never take over from the horse?

20 hours ago, rb42 said:

While considering buying some cryptocurrency via bx.in.th as a consequence of the positive comments posted here about this exchange, I came across this statement in their Terms and Conditions: 

“The customer must agree never to exchange currencies purchased from the Website for any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.  The customer must also guarantee that any crypto-currency the customer sells at the Website have never been involved in exchange with any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.”

I would like to be sure I understand the first sentence of this. Am I being asked to agree to exchange any cryptocurrency acquired from bx.in.th for Thai Baht only? As for the second sentence, I have no clue  about what they want me to guarantee. Could someone please comment? Thanks.

Your understanding is correct - this is to keep their back free, as foreign fiat exchange is regulated in Thailand (and most other countries).

Just be careful buying bitcoin at the moment - the market is very volatile due to a new bitcoin fork coming up mid Nov. I see a lot of cash flowing to bitcoin right now in fear of missing out and there is correction coming to the downside, possibly to 5000 USD. Better to buy after that happens.

All other coins are loosing to bitcoin due to the fork, so better wait until after the 16th this month.

Edited by ThailandLOS

42 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Your understanding is correct - this is to keep their back free, as foreign fiat exchange is regulated in Thailand (and most other countries).

Just be careful buying bitcoin at the moment - the market is very volatile due to a new bitcoin fork coming up mid Nov. I see a lot of cash flowing to bitcoin right now in fear of missing out and there is correction coming to the downside, possibly to 5000 USD. Better to buy after that happens.

All other coins are loosing to bitcoin due to the fork, so better wait until after the 16th this month.

The last day before bitcoin forked on the 1st August the price was around 2600....

People panic sold then and regretted it immediately when the price went straight to 5020+ the bonus fork coin they received was around 500

(now both combined tokens are worth about 7500+ btg @ 150ish)

You are giving blind advice as if you know where the price is going when you have literally no clue... 

3 hours ago, speedtripler said:

The last day before bitcoin forked on the 1st August the price was around 2600....

People panic sold then and regretted it immediately when the price went straight to 5020+ the bonus fork coin they received was around 500

(now both combined tokens are worth about 7500+ btg @ 150ish)

You are giving blind advice as if you know where the price is going when you have literally no clue... 

Don't know what your problem is smart ass - there has been another btc fork in Oct when money went straight into btc just until the fork block got confirmed - whereafter everyone jumped on alts again.

The previous forks are totally different in characteristics , as the Nov S2x fork is a contender to bitcoin itself.

And I don't need to guess anything based on what happened in Aug like you are doing - I follow the money flow on an hourly basis and see what is happening in the market. Maybe you should learn it too so you don't have to sit around guessing and pretending that you know something.

1 hour ago, ThailandLOS said:

Don't know what your problem is smart ass - there has been another btc fork in Oct when money went straight into btc just until the fork block got confirmed - whereafter everyone jumped on alts again.

The previous forks are totally different in characteristics , as the Nov S2x fork is a contender to bitcoin itself.

And I don't need to guess anything based on what happened in Aug like you are doing - I follow the money flow on an hourly basis and see what is happening in the market. Maybe you should learn it too so you don't have to sit around guessing and pretending that you know something.

You  have a wealth of no idea..... Jog on son 

14 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

I got enough idea to be more than ok in this market and up more than 1000% on the year. You clearly don't know what your're talking abt with your reference to the Aug fork.

1000% in crypto means your balls haven't dropped yet lol

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to hijack this thread.

Looking to make a small investment in OMG, so looking to sign up to bx.in.th.

When you register for bx.in.th, it asks for a valid email address in order to send a password.

I am a bit worried about giving my normal email addy, as it never gets any spam or other crap.

Is it OK to just use a one time Hotmail, Google etc email for this? Or do they require an email for all future correspondence?

TIA

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

Not wanting to hijack this thread.

Looking to make a small investment in OMG, so looking to sign up to bx.in.th.

When you register for bx.in.th, it asks for a valid email address in order to send a password.

I am a bit worried about giving my normal email addy, as it never gets any spam or other crap.

Is it OK to just use a one time Hotmail, Google etc email for this? Or do they require an email for all future correspondence?

TIA

You will need the address further on to confirm withdrawals etc - so better use something that is good. BX doesn't really spam so no issues with using your usual personal email.

Otherwise, Protonmail.com has free accounts and is considered among the safest in the world. It will not even let you set a crappy password.

Between the noobs who think common KYC procedures are identity theft, to the people who are worried about spam on their email..... you guys really have no business being in crypto. I recommend sticking to ETFs and mutual funds recommended by your broker or to your football betting. Crypto is not user nor mistake friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect