Yingluck verdict: Police prepared for 'all dimensions'

webfact

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

You have legal rights, but if you exercise them, you are going to jail.

What a unique interpretation of rights...

That's not what the quote said. You misrepresent it, deliberately.

They quote said they have the right to travel and support. But, they don't have the right to break laws - like maybe rioting and intimidating judges, throwing excrement and odd ping pong bomb around.

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Too late she's a martyr already to most Thais I know.

Really. Yet to most Thais I know she seen for what she is. The little sister of the wannabee big boss who got caught out of her depth by doing as she was told.

Guess it depends who you mix with.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

You  have proof?  or just more defamatory accusations from behind the safety of a keyboard?   disgraceful  

Well, Thaksin has some serious outstanding cases waiting for him, as well as jail time; Yingluck was removed by a court for abuse of power; the fat sister and her daughter served 5 year bans each for election fraud, one other sister at least was fined for insider trading; 

How much proof do you want?

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Oh she is in Court for corruption?  that's a new one on me but you know best right?

No - she's in court for negligence and malfeasance. As she never bothered to do anything to stop the corruption others were profiting by. But she did state, several times, that there was no corruption, and the she and only she was in charge.

Hoisted by her own petards so to speak.

58 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I agree that's a high possibility but she will appeal and come out the heroine. They may not have wanted a martyr but they sure have one now!  History will shower her with praise and not the hyenas.     

History will shower her with praise - what for, being a good actress and obeying her brother without question (or morals).

If you really think that, seek professional help, quickly and stop taking the tablets.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

History will shower her with praise - what for, being a good actress and obeying her brother without question (or morals).

If you really think that, seek professional help, quickly and stop taking the tablets.

Alf garnet.jpg

I would think seizing the assets was the prime objective , imprisonment is not likely to help peacefully unite the nation  , or augur well for next year's proposed election .  Yingluck has said before she doesn't intend to leave the country .  Though silent and peaceful at present , My guess is the country remains deeply divided , a prison sentence will for certain inflame emotions , which could cause civil and military confrontation , which would not look good to the world outside . 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Really. Yet to most Thais I know she seen for what she is. The little sister of the wannabee big boss who got caught out of her depth by doing as she was told.

Guess it depends who you mix with.

As You Say , Guess it depends who you mix with ; when you write Most Thais , I think you may be mistaken , Most live in the North and Northeast .

I have doubts about next year's election ; I think the Military Junta will need to stay in power for the foreseeable future .

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"police are prepared for the possibility of Yingluck attempting to flee Thailand "  the powers that be, will be very disappointed if she does not, as that would solve a lot of problems for them.

regards worgeordie

Of course she will do a runner.  Runs (excuse the pun) in the family.

9 hours ago, BuckBee said:

looks like police not fully prepared lol, what a total mess ... I was prepared for that lol . expecting it for months .

55555. You can't realistically prepare for  National Insurrection. It isn't a movie. It's real life. That means accountability. Even in Thailand.

I'm posting hours after news that former PM YS left the country,  Before the court announced its not so secret verdict.

The assurances and warnings issued in the OP press release are worth reading again  following this development. Priceless.