Arrest warrant issued for former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra over court no show, trial delayed to 27 September

webfact

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

She probably learned of the decision in advance and decided to skip the country. Had the decision been positive for her as in "not guilty" I am pretty sure she would have turned up today.  Menieres disease is a very poor excuse.

She knows she's guilty of the actual charge. It's not about doing a runner. It's about how to stir the masses up and garner sympathy. And even better, provoke a reaction and arrest.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Docno said:

I'm not usually the conspiratorial type, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if her 'runner' was suggested or even facilitated by the government. It's the best solution for them. They can still get their verdict without keeping her as a martyr behind bars. In the old days, you could simply exile troublemakers. Now governments have to hope for self-exile. In this case (and her brother's), they may have what they want... 

They could have read the verdict but did not. That would have shown 'serious intent' to arrest her. I hope she's out of the country and safe from the Junta circus.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'm amazed at the difference in the level of confidence in and respect for the Thai legal system between this thread and the dozens about the Burma2, and the several about the BBC reporter. 

Exactly!  well said but, we all know, many hypocrites on here due to bias etc. Personally if the systems bad it's bad for all not just those I like

Edited by LannaGuy

1 minute ago, Docno said:

I'm not usually the conspiratorial type, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if her 'runner' was suggested or even facilitated by the government. It's the best solution for them. They can still get their verdict without keeping her as a martyr behind bars. In the old days, you could simply exile troublemakers. Now governments have to hope for self-exile. In this case (and her brother's), they may have what they want... 

Hold your horses. Everyone is on about her doing a runner but this hasn't even been confirmed yet.

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But the Red Bull boy, who if I remember correctly you used to post seeing regularly moving freely around Bangkok, never even attended any court proceedings and avoided those requested little chats with the BiB. Hardly under the magnifying glass.

Yingluck has attended, presented her final statement and this was the verdict. Looks like she did a runner but at the 11th hour whereas he never got past 1! 

Issuing is one thing, enforcement quite different. Should be easy since, they confiscated her passport, have kept her under constant observation, and even the slowest, most uninterested immi officer should recognize her. 

All arranged and agreed maybe?

Did a court not issue an arrest warrant for Thaskin in 2015 for failing to show up following a defamation case after a South Korea interview he gave in 2014

Edited by rockingrobin

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Lead story on the BBC website. For a society that places so much value on face, they really do have a knack for washing their dirty laundry in public.

The Junta hounding after the incredibly popular, democratically elected PM that they removed via yet another coup. Whatever you think of Yingluck, it's not a positive image for Thailand.

She wasn't pm at the time of the coup. 

9 minutes ago, GarryP said:

She probably learned of the decision in advance and decided to skip the country. Had the decision been positive for her as in "not guilty" I am pretty sure she would have turned up today.  Menieres disease is a very poor excuse.

She doesn't need a good excuse, any excuse will do, her name isn't Somchai

1 minute ago, rockingrobin said:

Did a court not issue an arrest warrant for Thaskin in 2015 for faiing to show up following a defamation case after a South Korea interview he gave in 2014

Thaksin has several outstanding arrests warrants on various cases.

However, they have yet to issue any Interpol notices! 

23 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

A masterstroke by the Shinawatras again.

Egg on the face of the junta, headlines in the international press... 

My word, I am in awe of the way they have gamed the junta on this one. 

:clap2:

On the contrary, the powers that be have allowed for this to happen. 

Thai officials are saying she departed two days ago.

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

Doubtful on the arrest front. They could have done so within minutes if they had wanted to.

Even the Junta can't be dumb enough to fall for a Thaksin trick like that, can they? :saai:

"Go on then - arrest my sister if you dare"

If they do he plays the martyr card, if not more time to plan and stir things up. I don't think he'll ever let her run, no matter how much the Junta push.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Thaksin has several outstanding arrests warrants on various cases.

However, they have yet to issue any Interpol notices! 

I was responding to the case you put forward of how the red bull heir was different because he had not attended any meetings or court. The same applies to Thaskin in the defamation case, but the court still issued the warrant.

Edited by rockingrobin

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Even the Junta can't be dumb enough to fall for a Thaksin trick like that, can they? :saai:

"Go on then - arrest my sister if you dare"

If they do he plays the martyr card, if not more time to plan and stir things up. I don't think he'll ever let her run, no matter how much the Junta push.

I would just love it if she tweeted 'Couldn't be bothered. Too busy catching up on Eastenders'.

28 minutes ago, than said:

Pathetic, but predictable. She perpetuates tradition in its families of criminals: to escape its responsibility in the face of justice. She joined the ranks of many criminal on the run such as Roman Polanski

I'm not sure you can compare her to a paedophile rapist scumbag like Polanski. 

Just now, CNXBKKMAN said:

Living a life of exile in Dubai with a montenegro passport is winning? 

Eastern philosophy has them in it for the long game.  He's alive and out of prison to keep playing.  That's a win.