Supreme Court jails Boonsong 42 years on G-to-G rice deal

webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Tilacme said:

...At the time, Thailand was unassailable in high quality rice production and nobody thought that India or anyone else would be able to match it....

Arrogance.  Too much, to soon, too greedy. The bigwigs forgot that there are other greedy people in other nations who can motivate their workers.

On 8/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, Fumanchang said:

42 years is an insane sentence in this instance. 

Don't worry he won't do half of that and not worry they are setting up a special politician prison equipped with Pattaya Girls and ladyboys. They'll have full kitchens with Chef's to prepare Meals for them and the guards who will be specially

selected from the Red Shirt Guards! I believe it will be located on an island with beach front! Amazing Thailand!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Don't worry people ....

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha will continue to go after those thieves and the billions they stole.

59a1f3669ae07_KhunPrayuth.jpg.5c3e8358ea799a624488f051fc676a59.jpg

Where has it been proved that anyone stole "billions'?  any links?  evidence?  or this is just more of your 'made up' stuff?  

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Where has it been proved that anyone stole "billions'?  any links?  evidence?  or this is just more of your 'made up' stuff?  

not made up ....  please stop supporting this type of thieving and stealing from others and the economy.   Thailand needs to move forward and forget these scoundrels ,   although Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha won't let it lay ....  he is adamant  to catch them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/oct/21/thaksin-thailand-corruption

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-06-21/thaksin-charged-with-misconduct/76918

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-21/thai-junta-fines-former-pm-yingluck-over-rice-scheme/7955798

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not made up ....  please stop supporting this type of thieving and stealing from others and the economy.   Thailand needs to move forward and forget these scoundrels ,   although Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha won't let it lay ....  he is adamant  to catch them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/oct/21/thaksin-thailand-corruption

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-06-21/thaksin-charged-with-misconduct/76918

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-21/thai-junta-fines-former-pm-yingluck-over-rice-scheme/7955798

Yingluck has never been charged with 'stealing' or corruption and posting 2007/2008 articles is not relevant to NOW or to Yingluck and the 2016 article is not about anyone 'stole' anything. You are making it up to suit your bias.

54 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:
10 hours ago, Tilacme said:

...At the time, Thailand was unassailable in high quality rice production and nobody thought that India or anyone else would be able to match it....

Arrogance.  Too much, to soon, too greedy. The bigwigs forgot that there are other greedy people in other nations who can motivate their workers.

You guys are too busy banging on the Yingluck's Gravy train

As early as 05 North American buyers complained  Thai rice exporters were actually selling lower grade rice as top grade jasmine. North America is Thailand’s growth market for high end rice exports. US Asian food chains were first to start buying Vietnamese High end long grain rice …. I.E.  “jasmine” in response. This was followed by AG and Costco. This marketing con game of mislabeling for higher profits, is well over a decade old and is what has really banged up what was once an exclusive Thai market. This happend long before any rice scheme got going. Nothing new about this ... they call it GREED.

The whole courtcase proved that billions were stolen.

You either to bias to accept the facts or not smart enough to understand how the scam worked.

Rice was bought from farmers for 20.000 a ton and could only be sold cheaper to other governments wit G2G deals.

So fake deals with China were made (China denied these deals no authorised dealer for the Chinese government ever did a real deal.

This was done 4 times. The rice went to local traders who paid 10.000 bt. Normally they would have had to pay 20.000 bt.

Now that rice was sold back into the system at 20.000 bt. Loss for the Thai government 10.000 bt per ton.

That is money that could have been used to pay those farmers that were never paid and killed themselves.

This was pure corruption and the all made loads of money that was meant to help poor farmers. I really don't understand that you are ok with that.

YL was pointed to the fact that there were fake deals and corruption and that the scheme was unsustainable. She never acted denied the corruption and never ever went to 1 meeting while she was chair.

All this evidence sealed her fate that is why she joined the rank of Shin cowards and did a runner even though she told her followers she would stay and fight.

You either to bias to accept the facts or not smart enough to understand how the scam worked.

Rice was bought from farmers for 20.000 a ton and could only be sold cheaper to other governments wit G2G deals.

So fake deals with China were made (China denied these deals no authorised dealer for the Chinese government ever did a real deal.

This was done 4 times. The rice went to local traders who paid 10.000 bt. Normally they would have had to pay 20.000 bt.

Now that rice was sold back into the system at 20.000 bt. Loss for the Thai government 10.000 bt per ton.

That is money that could have been used to pay those farmers that were never paid and killed themselves.

This was pure corruption and the all made loads of money that was meant to help poor farmers. I really don't understand that you are ok with that.

YL was pointed to the fact that there were fake deals and corruption and that the scheme was unsustainable. She never acted denied the corruption and never ever went to 1 meeting while she was chair.

All this evidence sealed her fate that is why she joined the rank of Shin cowards and did a runner even though she told her followers she would stay and fight.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Where's the money?  where's the prosecutions for corruption?  bank accounts?  facts?  evidence?  She stayed and fought bravely right up until your Junta told her to go and if you think differently that is sad.

Please leave the personal insults out of it - I expect more of you.

13 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Where's the money?  where's the prosecutions for corruption?  bank accounts?  facts?  evidence?  She stayed and fought bravely right up until your Junta told her to go and if you think differently that is sad.

Surely the prosecution of Boonsong & his chums is the prosecution for corruption, which you're looking for ?

This whole thread is specifically about that ? :whistling:

Much more to this than the Junta lovers know.  I sincerely hope no more 'accidents' and 'suicides' with CCTV's  'under maintenance'

Mr Suranand, Former Prime Minister's Office secretary-general,  expressed compassion for his close friend Boonsong via his Facebook, saying:

"Some stories 'must die with us'. We can't talk about them. I truly understand and I 'sympathise' with my friend who is bound by that 'condition'. 

Edited by LannaGuy

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

What is this thread about? Boonsong's conviction for stealing billions, and his subsequent sentence.

I know you Shin sycophants like to change history to suit, but the next day is a bit too soon.

33 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

All those facts were presented to the courts, and they studied them. Do you expect to get the facts send to your home adres so you can read them. Even when the PTP was in power the democrats already proven that the deals were fake. They contacted China who denied buying the rice. There were NO records of shipments of rice going to China.

You must know that the allegations of fake rice deals predate the junta. The democrats already said the deals were fake. (this was during the time the PTP was still in power) This is not made up proof this is rock solid evidence. Anyone not seeing it just presents to not see it. 

She did not stay she did not fight bravely... she saw that the proof was too much and knew she was guilty then she turned yellow and run like her brother. So much for the hero of democracy. There were quite a few post of red shirts that were quite disappointed in her.

20 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Much more to this than the Junta lovers know.  I sincerely hope no more 'accidents' and 'suicides' with CCTV's  'under maintenance'

Mr Suranand, Former Prime Minister's Office secretary-general,  expressed compassion for his close friend Boonsong via his Facebook, saying:

"Some stories 'must die with us'. We can't talk about them. I truly understand and I 'sympathise' with my friend who is bound by that 'condition'. 

IMHO he is talking about how Thaksin organised this part of the scam, and took his cut. Revealing that would be a death sentence.

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

IMHO he is talking about how Thaksin organised this part of the scam, and took his cut. Revealing that would be a death sentence.

IMHO he is talking about an entirely different thing as mentioning Thaksin would help him with his captors.

This is not a  "but... but... Thaksin moment"   but far, far Deeper State than that. Nothing more can be discussed here and he doesn't want to end up another 'suicide in custody'.  We know only a fraction of the true story. 

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

IMHO he is talking about an entirely different thing as mentioning Thaksin would help him with his captors.

This is not a  "but... but... Thaksin moment"   but far, far Deeper State than that. Nothing more can be discussed here and he doesn't want to end up another 'suicide in custody'.  We know only a fraction of the true story. 

Riiiight, the SECRET conspiracy theory. It wasn't Boonsong and associates who stole the money, it was actually..........

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

All those facts were presented to the courts, and they studied them. Do you expect to get the facts send to your home adres so you can read them. Even when the PTP was in power the democrats already proven that the deals were fake. They contacted China who denied buying the rice. There were NO records of shipments of rice going to China.

You must know that the allegations of fake rice deals predate the junta. The democrats already said the deals were fake. (this was during the time the PTP was still in power) This is not made up proof this is rock solid evidence. Anyone not seeing it just presents to not see it. 

She did not stay she did not fight bravely... she saw that the proof was too much and knew she was guilty then she turned yellow and run like her brother. So much for the hero of democracy. There were quite a few post of red shirts that were quite disappointed in her.

You need to dig Deeper State and open your eyes but most cannot be discussed here. I'm sorry if you feel you are 'superior' to me and that I'm not 'smart enough' to understand.

Of course there has been corruption here for as long as Thailand has existed and none would be more delighted to see it removed than I but your analysis is too simplistic and naive. Yingluck was a minor player who was about to be served up as a political pawn by    >>  SNIP <<<

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

You need to dig Deeper State and open your eyes but most cannot be discussed here. I'm sorry if you feel you are 'superior' to me and that I'm not 'smart enough' to understand.

Of course there has been corruption here for as long as Thailand has existed and none would be more delighted to see it removed than I but your analysis is too simplistic and naive. Yingluck was a minor player who was about to be served up as a political pawn by    >>  SNIP <<<

On the topic of Boonsong and the fake rice deals, i feel for you the same I do for tinfoil hat people. Other topics I have no problems with you. The corruption has been proven without a shadow of a doubt, not made up by the junta. The evidence predates the junta and is easy to Check, if the Chinese deny the G2G deals and there are no records of the rice being shipped to China then it is clear it was fake.

Then it means it stayed locally and was sold to traders who resold it in the system (probably giving Boonsong a healthy kickback for such an easy profit)

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

On the topic of Boonsong and the fake rice deals, i feel for you the same I do for tinfoil hat people. Other topics I have no problems with you. The corruption has been proven without a shadow of a doubt, not made up by the junta. The evidence predates the junta and is easy to Check, if the Chinese deny the G2G deals and there are no records of the rice being shipped to China then it is clear it was fake.

Then it means it stayed locally and was sold to traders who resold it in the system (probably giving Boonsong a healthy kickback for such an easy profit)

So should be easy to find this loot right? so I'll await your evidence as to where it is?  600m + ?    I have already quoted boonsongs closest friend but you have ignored it as you don't want anything to sully your pre-conceived perception. Things are not what they seem.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

So should be easy to find this loot right? so I'll await your evidence as to where it is?  600m + ?    I have already quoted boonsongs closest friend but you have ignored it as you don't want anything to sully your pre-conceived perception. Things are not what they seem.

Your displaying ignorance again by comparing the total losses of the rice program, that don't all stem from corruption with one of the many corrupt schemes inside the rice program. Here we are debating about Boonsong and his fake G2G deals, he and others convicted for it including rice traders. In THIS topic they stated the losses stemming from the fake G2G deals maybe you missed it i quoted a bit, but you can find it in this topic original press release.

The first bogus deal involving 2.19 million tonnes of rice resulted in an estimated Bt9.7-billion financial damage to the state.

In the second deal, another 2 million tonnes of rice was also sold domestically at a relatively low price to domestic traders, not exported to China as announced, resulting in an estimated Bt1.29-billion financial damage.

When two other fake deals were included, the state suffered financial damage estimated at a total of Bt16.9 billion.

So that is a total of 27,89 Billion baht almost a billion dollars. That money was divided between at least the 19 people who went to jail maybe more. 

Your quote of Boonsong his friend could mean many things, could be he was forced by Thaksin to do these deals because Siam Indiga is a rice trader closely linked to Thaksin. But you keep closing your eyes for the facts

Edited by robblok

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Your displaying ignorance again by comparing the total losses of the rice program, that don't all stem from corruption with one of the many corrupt schemes inside the rice program. Here we are debating about Boonsong and his fake G2G deals, he and others convicted for it including rice traders. In THIS topic they stated the losses stemming from the fake G2G deals maybe you missed it i quoted a bit, but you can find it in this topic original press release.

So that is a total of 27,89 Billion baht almost a billion dollars. That money was divided between at least the 19 people who went to jail maybe more. 

Your quote of Boonsong his friend could mean many things, could be he was forced by Thaksin to do these deals because Siam Indiga is a rice trader closely linked to Thaksin. But you keep closing your eyes for the facts

3 hours ago, robblok said:

yes approximately the cost of the submarine and other military things bought by the dear Leader, so where is the problem?

15 minutes ago, choudens said:

yes approximately the cost of the submarine and other military things bought by the dear Leader, so where is the problem?

One is theft stealing money to get better yourself.. Boonsong, the other is buying some stupid submarine for Thailand. Both not good decisions but corruption is different then buying something less then useful. If you don't understand the difference you probably don't have many morals.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

One is theft stealing money to get better yourself.. Boonsong, the other is buying some stupid submarine for Thailand. Both not good decisions but corruption is different then buying something less then useful. If you don't understand the difference you probably don't have many morals.

I have no idea, neither do you, as we have not had access to the 100s documents nor sat through all the arguments and I do not know how guilty Boonsong is or is not and neither do YOU. My constant refrain has been if you trust the system or not. If YES then trust it in all those other controversial cases if NOT then you can't trust this one.  That is my simple premise. 

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

why? you think that corruption happens in only one case?