Prawit confirms Yingluck fled far from neighbouring countries

snoop1130

Will it also be a "blue" Interpol notice for her, or will she make it to a higher level in getting a "red" Interpol world wide notice?

The public will know, say in 3 months, which seems to be the standard timespan to draft and translate Thai extradiction demand documents?

Or will it by miracle, take just a few days on this case?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, surangw said:

good thing they gave her lots of time to prepare for this

She probably planned a bolthole long ago, maybe when she was still in office.

Unlike the Red Bull heir, Yingluck`s case is political and knew she would face serving a life sentence if she remained in Thailand. If I were in her shoes, I too would be getting away as far as possible.

3 minutes ago, RawboneFunksta said:

Bon Voyage, a sad final? episode in the disgraceful saga of Thailand's first female prime minister who has been forced to flee after being set up by the elites.

She wasn`t setup by anybody. Yingluck brought most of this on by herself.

She tried to manipulate the law so that her brother, Thaksin could return to Thailand without facing any charges. Her rice scheme was a ploy to obtain popularity from the poor, although it could never had worked and almost bankrupted the country having subsidized the financial losses from the treasury. Knowing the poor were the majority in Thailand it was all part of the plan to give the overwhelming power to the Shinawatra clan.

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

She wasn`t setup by anybody. Yingluck brought most of this on by herself.

She tried to manipulate the law so that her brother, Thaksin could return to Thailand without facing any charges. Her rice scheme was a ploy to obtain popularity from the poor, although it could never had worked and almost bankrupted the country having subsidized the financial losses from the treasury. Knowing the poor were the majority in Thailand it was all part of the plan to give the overwhelming power to the Shinawatra clan.

Yes, the whole rice scheme was a debacle of epic proportions so the voters should have been allowed to vote her ass out of office. Instead, the old elite, spearheaded by a group of ultra-nationalist and ultra-royalist army officers, again took power to prevent that their place at the trough was take away.

They cut her the same deal they cut her brother.

Basically said go now we will not follow, or stay & die in Jail

Of course both she & her brother left who wouldn't?

You think the govt did not have eyes on her 24hr/day for weeks now??

But they knew hurt this hero & problems galore start.

There are still way more farmers than elites

Way more farmers than bullets

Most soldiers come from where? elites? think again

But the clowns in charge know if they gave her the 42 years the end of their reign starts today

So they chose this same as they chose to let her brother leave.

But in the end it does not matter they have set the wheels turning.

The Thai's might actually not say mai bpen rai this time.

They might actually get off the hammocks & take their country back

Not a great time to be in the land of junta

Edited by meechai

26 minutes ago, Becker said:

Yes, the whole rice scheme was a debacle of epic proportions so the voters should have been allowed to vote her ass out of office. Instead, the old elite, spearheaded by a group of ultra-nationalist and ultra-royalist army officers, again took power to prevent that their place at the trough was take away.

It wasn`t quite like that.

The Shinawatra`s would had obtained the majority of votes every time. Thailand was on the brink of a civil war, I already had my cases packed. If the military as a third party had not intervened, the country would had split apart, North Vs south.

5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The Shinawatra`s would had obtained the majority of votes every time. Thailand was on the brink of a civil war, I already had my cases packed. If the military as a third party had not intervened, the country would had split apart, North Vs south.

Thailand was not on the brink of civil war. That is absolute nonsense. 

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

If the majority picks someone that is their "Thai Citizens" choice.  Maybe every faction that rules is corrupt at its core but in the opinion of the Thai majority the Shinawatra`s did in fact help the people. The people including the lower classes not usually included in Thailand.

Things like the 30 baht health + the much better business climate was appreciated.

Your civil war claims were nothing more than small red vs yellow factions fighting after not getting their ways.

Truth be told if the military at that time did their job along with the police it would have been extinguished in hours.

Instead this military that now grabs power chose to let people overrun govt houses & even take over a International Airport

You chose the wrong time to worry about packing

18 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

10 minutes ago, baboon said:

Thailand was not on the brink of civil war. That is absolute nonsense. 

Additionally the army is not a third party.

3 hours ago, seajae said:

if they do not arrest and charge the high up police official that helped her then there will be a lot of suspicions this was a govt set up, not a real good look for the junta. Will be interesting to see what actually happens to the one that did help, jail,  asset seizure and loss of rank/fired would be appropriate

All part of the charade .. They've gotta try and look suprised and go through the motions .. Just issuing an arrest warrant here is part of the subterfuge .. The litmus test would be if they get Int'pol involved and try to extradite her when they find where she is .. ( which they probably know anyway ) .. 

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

All part of the charade .. They've gotta try and look suprised and go through the motions .. Just issuing an arrest warrant here is part of the subterfuge .. The litmus test would be if they get Int'pol involved and try to extradite her when they find where she is .. ( which they probably know anyway ) .. 

They won't. Interpol is not interested in chasing up political dissidents.

12 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

They won't. Interpol is not interested in chasing up political dissidents.

Maybe so but she fled because of the impending verdict in a trial for criminal negligence that may have been the guilty one .. not withstanding there are ( were ) other criminal charges in the pipeline even if she had dodged this one .. Not withstanding she jumped bail to get out in time .. So not unreasonable to think that if the administration wanted her back any application to I P would be on criminal grounds .. And i wasn't aware that Int'pol were in the business of making distinctions as to whether someone was a political disser' or not .. 

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Maybe so but she fled because of the impending verdict in a trial for criminal negligence that may have been the guilty one .. not withstanding there are ( were ) other criminal charges in the pipeline even if she had dodged this one .. Not withstanding she jumped bail to get out in time .. So not unreasonable to think that if the administration wanted her back any application to I P would be on criminal grounds .. And i wasn't aware that Int'pol were in the business of making distinctions as to whether someone was a political disser' or not .. 

https://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices

YL was the PM of Thailand and has been charged (by a military junta) with "crimes" relating to her political decisions/actions as PM. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of her actions, Interpol will not get involved with accusations of a political nature - rightly so.

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

https://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices

YL was the PM of Thailand and has been charged (by a military junta) with "crimes" relating to her political decisions/actions as PM. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of her actions, Interpol will not get involved with accusations of a political nature - rightly so.

Yea sure I do not comment on the rights or wrongs of what she did or didnt do and sure there seems little doubt that her trial was politically motivated but dressed up as criminal negligence and I wouldn't disagree that I P are not for chasing political disser's which takes me back to my original post .. That is If the administration truly didnt know or even help facilitate her flight and were truly hopping mad about it as you might expect if that were the case  

then the least you would expect of them would be to put forward some form of request to I P for help even if I P aren't interested in political disser's .. Either way I doubt if this is the final act .. peace .. :smile:

38 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Yes, the next criminal charge was that she gave dead and injured redshirts too much compensation money. That was coming up. 10 years for this. Another 5 for this. Soon you're talking real jail time. I don't think Interpol make any distinctions - they pass things to nation states - and I cannot imagine many of those states treating the accusations against Yingluck as anything but nonsense. I don't think the Thai government has issued an Interpol red alert yet

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Very big yawn, maybe you should take note of what's just happened under your nose, an incapable puppet who enjoyed the big chair but ignored all management responsibilities has been convicted for criminal gross dereliction of the expected duties and responsibilities  of a PM. Not difficult to understand. 

I don't see much difference with the current incapable puppets running the show.. Except for the fact that they will never appear in any court hearing, because they are officially above the law...

But I do understand, some people rather have people without brains and mandate, as opposed to people alledgely without brains but with a mandate..

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

She did not try to manipulate the law. Her party introduced and passed an amnesty bill in the lower house. There were widespread protests about this bill from yellows and reds alike. The bill was defeated in the Senate. At that point, the wind was drawn out of Suthep's sails. So they had to come up with a new thing - the rice scheme. The rice scheme was essentially a bet, a gamble. It could have worked but it didn't work very well. It was designed to attract the votes of the poor, who as you say, were the majority in Thailand. That failed policy could have been judged in an election. The election did not take place because it was sabotaged (I am not aware that any charges of sabotage of the election that have been made) but there was clear evidence  that this sabotage  actually did occur. All of this may have been part of a plan to give the overwhelming power to the Shinawatra plan. If so, their dreams of domination have not met with much success, and one must wonder , is there an elephant in the room that nobody will talk about.

This woman and her brother and in fact the whole family are so rich that if the numbers were actually published 99% of the people who are supporting her/them would have absolutely no clue about all the zeros, they would also have absolutely no clue how they got so rich (even if they could understand the numbers)

Yingluk friend of the people, Thaksin friend of the people, Shin family friend of the people

someone needs to explain to those people that cannot comprehend -------- that the Shin family including the darling yingluc are filthy rich, once they understand what that means - someone also needs to explain how they came to have such a huge amount of money ........ and it wasn't from a money tree although to an extent the Thai people could be labelled as such since ultimately the money actually came from them....the Thai people

oh yes on the scale of things the corruption in Thailand isn't rated in the top 10 in the world but I would like to know how they are measuring it, IMO Thailand is right up there in at least the top 5, it is quite frankly shocking, I think one reason it is not measured properly is down too how the money is laundered.......in that big financial unregulated black hole - the nations temples

It is rather sad that Thailand has not developed because of the severe corruption, no elected government has ever tried to tackle the problem for unfortunate and very obvious reasons - it would be like a bank robber walking into a bank and asking them to call the police.

All the money that corrupt officials have stolen from the Thai people over decades could have been put to the country and people for education healthcare etc ............but no, thailand remains very firmly outside thre v

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

This woman and her brother and in fact the whole family are so rich that if the numbers were actually published 99% of the people who are supporting her/them would have absolutely no clue about all the zeros, they would also have absolutely no clue how they got so rich (even if they could understand the numbers)

Yingluk friend of the people, Thaksin friend of the people, Shin family friend of the people

someone needs to explain to those people that cannot comprehend -------- that the Shin family including the darling yingluc are filthy rich, once they understand what that means - someone also needs to explain how they came to have such a huge amount of money ........ and it wasn't from a money tree although to an extent the Thai people could be labelled as such since ultimately the money actually came from them....the Thai people

oh yes on the scale of things the corruption in Thailand isn't rated in the top 10 in the world but I would like to know how they are measuring it, IMO Thailand is right up there in at least the top 5, it is quite frankly shocking, I think one reason it is not measured properly is down too how the money is laundered.......in that big financial unregulated black hole - the nations temples

It is rather sad that Thailand has not developed because of the severe corruption, no elected government has ever tried to tackle the problem for unfortunate and very obvious reasons - it would be like a bank robber walking into a bank and asking them to call the police.

All the money that corrupt officials have stolen from the Thai people over decades could have been put to the country and people for education healthcare etc ............but no, thailand remains very firmly outside thre v

The explanation that you want could have been made in an election campaign. Every point you make may very well have substance.  The Thai people could have passed judgement on all of the things that you are talking about. Sadly, they were not allowed to make their judgement.

she knew big brother would help her escape with some assets.she played the game with the people of Thailand again,just like big brother who did the same a few years back.I know some thais if they saw them again they would kill them on sight.most thais are hard working and fair,some are snakes in the grass like this family.

5 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

she knew big brother would help her escape with some assets.she played the game with the people of Thailand again,just like big brother who did the same a few years back.I know some thais if they saw them again they would kill them on sight.most thais are hard working and fair,some are snakes in the grass like this family.

Thanks for your insights

If you think Thailand hasn't developed then you weren't here in the 1970s it was during Thaksin's tenure that the most people rose above poverty level. These are the kind of facts that are important to the populace.

31 minutes ago, smedly said:

So they are rich? Are they the only people in Thailand who are rich? Is their wealth in  itself a crime? There are others who are much richer. I would advise you not to call anyone in Thailand a criminal because of their wealth. I would not necessarily disagree with you, though

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Yes, that's what the old elite wanted people to believe and incredibly enough some bought the story.

23 minutes ago, tomta said:

Whw

24 minutes ago, tomta said:

Where did your figure of 99% come from? AAh I see, it comes from the "if" in your sentence