Yingluck ‘may seek UK asylum

rooster59

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I guess you are never 100% safe anywhere but I might add that she's a tad safer there than in a Bangkok Remand Cell with those pesky CCTV cameras keep getting 'faults' whenever there is a 'suicide' or 'accidental death'.

Thai prisons are some of the safest in the world. would trade for american anytime

4 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Prove it. show the facts to back up what you say......you cant can you?

"Prawit, who is in charge of the police force, said he would not dismiss a high-ranking police officer rumoured to have helped Yingluck flee the country."

Why would that be?

9 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Thai prisons are some of the safest in the world. would trade for american anytime

I agree that between being jailed in EU in Muslim packed jails, in US in black packed jails, orThailand in Buddhist packed jails, I still prefer Thailand even if I do not have a TV ! Especially is I still have a lot of money to make my life more enjoyable !

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I'd be proud if Britain offered her asylum and sent that Red Bull scum back here. Britain has a proud history of democracy, ethics and freedom and she would be safe there.

She wont like it there long things have changed a tad with their open door policy that we are seeing flood the EU. Having moved back to the UK for 6 yrs after living in Thailand 13 yrs  every day of the 6yrs has been a downer. Its certainly not safe now!

16 minutes ago, DonThaiToMe said:

Stop lying.

It was an illegal coup. Plain and simple and no one is opposing it except the boys in office and the odd TV-poster that continually keep having problems getting their facts straight.

The boys in office don't oppose it either, they granted themselves amnesty, you don't grant amnesty if you don't recognise the criminality.

7 minutes ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

She wont like it there long things have changed a tad with their open door policy that we are seeing flood the EU. Having moved back to the UK for 6 yrs after living in Thailand 13 yrs  every day of the 6yrs has been a downer. Its certainly not safe now!

Crime in the UK is a lot lower than 19 years ago, there were 15 million crimes reported in 1998, last year there were 6 million.  There has been a slight spike in violent crime in the past couple years but it still a long way off the levels of when you left the UK, the change us all in perception of danger not in reality.

1 minute ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Not to forget Nicaragua...

In Dominica you pay $2290 and show evidence that you are to invest $100,000, such as you're buying an appartment, and you receive your new citizenship within 7 days, I think it is the cheapest in the world.

"“Thaksin has long prepared an escape plan for his sister. He would not allow his sister to spend even a single day in prison,” said the source, who requested anonymity.

That's right - only the peasants can be used as cannon fodder. Not the family.

5 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Which is of course collectively of all of the Thai elite, including the current lot, heck they even have amnesty, no worries about going to prison at all. Thaksin is just like all of those Thai elites, yet he seems to always get the blame, whilst the real crooks are always left untouched. 

Exactly. Those that are entitled to play the game of musical chairs at the trough, and the Shins, not just their patriarch, all are; never do jail or get caught up in the violence. Don't get their hands dirty, they pay people for that.

Thaksin wouldn't play the game though. He didn't want to take turns, wanted it all, for always, for him. So that's why he cops the wrath and the blame off the others. That was the gamble he took. Now he's the convenient scapegoat and his sister is being lined up as his replacement when he croaks.

Edited by Baerboxer

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Crime in the UK is a lot lower than 19 years ago, there were 15 million crimes reported in 1998, last year there were 6 million.  There has been a slight spike in violent crime in the past couple years but it still a long way off the levels of when you left the UK, the change us all in perception of danger not in reality.

Im still in the UK. The cfime at the minute buddy is off the scales.Its defo not safe. On a happy note we moving back to Thailand to live in a couple of weeks .

Feels alot safer walking on the streets in Thai with not worrying im going to get stabbed or acid thru over me . 

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Hmm, not sure if that is entirely true. But no worries, they have plenty other family members lined up, and you know what, they problably would win a general election as well. Not that it really matters now, the new constitution has put democracy off side for the forseeable future..

I doubt any past election would be considered really democratic by Western standards. Even in the US and UK they have issues in ensuring their election laws are not broken. Not sure about other EU countries.

The sister currently being tipped as a front runner for PTP leadership, has been convicted of insider trading! She obviously a chip off the old block. 

But yes, they still hope the well oiled election machine running down through provincial and local administrations to deliver block votes would deliver a result. 

The previous system where a party could receive the largest minority of votes, but that translated into a massive majority in the house seemed outer kilta. But every system has flaws.

8 minutes ago, maxpower said:

It's so easy to criticize the Shinawatra's when your opponents have much of their ammunition disabled by forum  rules.

Such as what rules? 

Which rules prevent you explaining how Thaksin was innocent from his conviction, and all those outstanding criminal cases, like say the Krungthai Fraud case? Or explaining how Yingluck wasn't negligent in never attending meeting she appointed herself to chair or acting on warnings?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Such as what rules? 

Which rules prevent you explaining how Thaksin was innocent from his conviction, and all those outstanding criminal cases, like say the Krungthai Fraud case? Or explaining how Yingluck wasn't negligent in never attending meeting she appointed herself to chair or acting on warnings?

You are kidding right. Go back do more reading, lots more. While your at it, remove the 2 inch tubes over your eyes and try some 6 inch.

9 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I'd be proud if Britain offered her asylum and sent that Red Bull scum back here. Britain has a proud history of democracy, ethics and freedom and she would be safe there.

Mrs May would welcome her so that she might learn how to win a big majority in an election !

2 minutes ago, maxpower said:

You are kidding right. Go back do more reading, lots more. While your at it, remove the 2 inch tubes over your eyes and try some 6 inch.

So you can't actually provide any answers; or don't want to.

Just abstract innuendo. 

You should try reading something other than Shin propaganda. They ain't the innocent do-gooders, fighting for all others sport.

Edited by Baerboxer

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So you can't actually provide any answers; or don't want to.

Just abstract innuendo. 

You should try reading something other than Shin propaganda. They ain't the innocent do-gooders, fighting for all others sport.

You have just confirmed my original post. Forum rules remember? Yes now you got it.

4 minutes ago, Becker said:

BS. The YL government's removal by the junta was just another play in the power struggle between Thaksin and his "gang" and the old elite - plain and simple .

The YL government made an unholy mess of the whole rice subsidy scheme and the voters should have been allowed to vote her a** out of power had they so chosen. But due to the dems (the legal front of the old elite) being so utterly clueless that they couldn't even mount a credible nationwide challenge despite the rice scheme and the cabinet being made up of some of the worst characters ever to hold office the old elite decided to step in. And this they would have done irrespective of the performance of the YL government because there was no way they would not be in the driver seat during the transition.

Your're right of course.

Only arguing about semantics. Calling it the YL government rather than the government of the bloke who replaced her for a few weeks. And in reality we all know it was another Thaksin government. 

The struggle between those two factions simply continues.

Just now, maxpower said:

You have just confirmed my original post. Forum rules remember? Yes now you got it.

None of which stops you explaining to us all why you might think Thaksin and his sister are innocent of the actual cases detailed.

Or don't you think that?

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

BS. The YL government's removal by the junta was just another play in the power struggle between Thaksin and his "gang" and the old elite - plain and simple .

The YL government made an unholy mess of the whole rice subsidy scheme and the voters should have been allowed to vote her a** out of power had they so chosen. But due to the dems (the legal front of the old elite) being so utterly clueless that they couldn't even mount a credible nationwide challenge despite the rice scheme and the cabinet being made up of some of the worst characters ever to hold office the old elite decided to step in. And this they would have done irrespective of the performance of the YL government because there was no way they would not be in the driver seat during the transition.

It was the amnesty of her brother (say nepotism) you know that was added at the last moment. That was what brought out all the people on the street. She brought herself down by adding her brother nothing else. 

25 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I have not "downplayed the coup"   The facts of really why all this Yingluck business came about was because of total diabolical governance.    end of story.    does not matter who controls in the aftermath it is world knowledge the Shin government had shot their bolt.  had they been good for the people of Thailand everyone would have been happy.

Oh please stop the nonsense. The Yingluck government was deposed when they were already in care taker status, elections pending. In fact, that was the second election, as the first was sabotaged by Suthep and co. Another criminal that is not convicted just because he is connected. That one makes Thaksin looks like a mediocre amateur.