Renting a premium 4 x 4 ? Possible ?

SGD

I would like to rent a premium 4x4 such as a BMW X5, Audi Q7, Volvo XC90 etc. or their slightly smaller versions the X3, Q5, XC60 etc.

Not interested in death traps on wheels like Mu7, Fortuna or other pickup derived "cars".

I've never looked before but cannot ever recall seeing anywhere either.

Just now, JaseTheBass said:

The Fortuner does use pickup underpinnings with modifications.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Fortuner has a shorter chassis and coil spring rear, handles nothing like a Vigo, the MU7 is built on a truck chassis and leaf springs, different kettle of fish.. Death trap, don't fink so..

Fortuner has a shorter chassis and coil spring rear, handles nothing like a Vigo, the MU7 is built on a truck chassis and leaf springs, different kettle of fish.. Death trap, don't fink so..
What vehicle does the Fortuner's modified chassis come from?

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

"  The Fortuner is built on the Toyota Hilux pick-up truck platform."

For all's information the Fortuner is some 16" shorter than a Revo/Vigo. It does have a chassis but if it had the pick up one it would stick out the back.

As far as handling/safety goes the new one it's fine. Just come over the Lom Sak mountains a couple of days ago again, and it went wherever I pointed the nose. (It was peeing down)

Far better than the last Fortuner or Revo for that matter.

My Daughter has a new BMW X5 have driven that and it's no better or worse than Fortuner. It's also smaller.

As for the new Ford I cant tell except to say if JTB has to keep telling all how great it is there must be some sort of problem.

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

1. For all's information the Fortuner is some 16" shorter than a Revo/Vigo. It does have a chassis but if it had the pick up one it would stick out the back.

2. As for the new Ford I cant tell except to say if JTB has to keep telling all how great it is there must be some sort of problem.

1. FYI just because it's shorter makes no difference to chassis manufacturer design.

2. Disagree Ford is OK maybe people don't like em because of the Hitler connection.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

1. FYI just because it's shorter makes no difference to chassis manufacturer design.

2. Disagree Ford is OK maybe people don't like em because of the Hitler connection.

Just pointing out that the Fortuner has a shorter chassis than a Revo.

The Ford bit was jesting at JTB posts about how good they are.

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Just pointing out that the Fortuner has a shorter chassis than a Revo.

The Ford bit was jesting at JTB posts about how good they are.

That's correct it is shorter but the chassis platform is the same design.

Yeah l think we all do that about motors that we own in a way l rave on about how good the 1.5 Yaris was we had,  l will miss it.

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's correct it is shorter but the chassis platform is the same design.

Yeah l think we all do that about motors that we own in a way l rave on about how good the 1.5 Yaris was we had,  l will miss it.

Don't know about you or anyone but I would sooner have a strong Chassis, if you have a prang. Than just have some bent mettle giving it the strength.

I don't rave on about how good the Toyo is, suffice to say it's not a bad big lump for the price. Can find lots of bit's I don't like but they are all minor.

34 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Don't know about you or anyone but I would sooner have a strong Chassis, if you have a prang. Than just have some bent mettle giving it the strength.

I don't rave on about how good the Toyo is, suffice to say it's not a bad big lump for the price. Can find lots of bit's I don't like but they are all minor.

Ever see the results of a collision in the old 70's American cars? They had full chassis but were absolute death traps.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Ever see the results of a collision in the old 70's American cars? They had full chassis but were absolute death traps.

Sure, but now even rides with a chassis are crash tested and awarded a star rating, plus now seat belts must be warn and if you fart you may set off a zillion air bags...:stoner:

1 minute ago, transam said:

Sure, but now even rides with a chassis are crash tested and awarded a star rating, plus now seat belts must be warn and if you fart you may set off a zillion air bags...:stoner:

The dash on some of those 70's US cars were lethal in themselves, just a lot of chrome doodads waiting to pierce your skull.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The dash on some of those 70's US cars were lethal in themselves, just a lot of chrome doodads waiting to pierce your skull.

And many bumpers too, but that is motoring history that has now moved on..:smile:

Made me think of my non chassis Mini Cooper S. crashed into a lamp post and the passenger door opening ended up about half it's size, lucky l was alone...:sad:

6 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

To the OP by the looks of the reply's on your post it would be best to google to get an answer to your question.

Well I have just pointed out not to dismiss the Fortuner as being a death trap because it isn't, the only similarity to a truck is it's platform but the rest is very different.

The distance between the front and rear wheel centres is over 13 inches shorter, it does not have load bearing leaf springs, it has coil springs, a totally different ride..:smile:

1 hour ago, pieeyed said:

To the OP by the looks of the reply's on your post it would be best to google to get an answer to your question.

One of the better op thread hijacks. When Ace, Fred, Quackers & Trans are inputting.

48 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

One of the better op thread hijacks. When Ace, Fred, Quackers & Trans are inputting.

The OP post was at best stupid. So he got what he deserved. May I suggest that if you know the answer you reply to the OP. 

Archived