Renting a premium 4 x 4 ? Possible ?

SGD

Some years ago (2008/2009) I had a Fortuner on long term rent/lease with Budget. It was taken away for 4 days for servicing. The (temporary) replacement was a Cayenne.

So, the OP may want to look at their website (or that of any leading lease/rental company).

During the 4 day period I noticed absolutely no difference in driving experience, in comparison to the Fortuner. That's with the exception of all aspects of: fit, form and function.

Jerry

On 8/30/2017 at 7:32 PM, Jerry Cornelius said:

Some years ago (2008/2009) I had a Fortuner on long term rent/lease with Budget. It was taken away for 4 days for servicing. The (temporary) replacement was a Cayenne.

So, the OP may want to look at their website (or that of any leading lease/rental company).

During the 4 day period I noticed absolutely no difference in driving experience, in comparison to the Fortuner. That's with the exception of all aspects of: fit, form and function.

Jerry

Strange you say that Jerry, we has a Sportivo around that time,it was awfull regarding handleing, any road suface repairs, it trammeled off line, the dipped headlights were like halloween pumpkins and in the moutains i held up Honda Cities with basic 125 BHP engines ..its still local, lady bought it, and imaculate.Not a bad price back then, but to pay 1.5 Mill plus today brands one a tad dim imo.Even so it also shines value wise to German imports.

I found the 0 - 60 time was always much faster then the 60 - 0 time on the Fortuners I drove, with ABS being totally useless on wet roads. Nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothes.

Given the general standard of driving here and the poor condition of the roads, it's definitely more suited to the local market than higher end marques. Same risk of damage, whatever the cost.

Toyota's are comparable to Mercedes though. Both are used as taxis. Mercedes in the first world and Toyota in the third.

Jerry

5 pages and not one pertinent piece of info in relation to the ops question
I only reply as I also would have an interest in what the OP asks
And am sorry to have wasted the time reading replies
( similar to a lot on thaivisa )

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

I would like to rent a premium 4x4 such as a BMW X5, Audi Q7, Volvo XC90 etc. or their slightly smaller versions the X3, Q5, XC60 etc.

Not interested in death traps on wheels like Mu7, Fortuna or other pickup derived "cars".

I've never looked before but cannot ever recall seeing anywhere either.
Try this guy
Yorayuth at Hertz head office
081 8908200
He has leased Q5s/ mercs CLS in the past

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Toyota Fortuner death trap

http://www.samuitimes.com/austrian-hotel-gm-killed-car-crash/

Austrian hotel GM killed in car crash

An Austrian man, who was the general manager of a hotel in Chiang Mai, was killed in a car crash in Kamphaeng Phet’s Muang dstrict Wednesday morning.

fatal car accident in ThailandPol Capt Samarn Songkhoom, an officer on duty at Muang Kamphaeng Phet police station, said the man was identified by his business card as Christoph Hlebayna, 51. His business card showed that he was the general manger of Grand View Hotel and Convenient Center in Chiang Mai.

Samarn said his police station was alerted about the accident at 7:20 am. There were no eyewitnesses but passers-by spotted Hlebayna’s Toyota Fortuner on the side of the Bangkok-bound Phaholyothin Road in Tambon Nakhon Chum in Muang district. His international driving license identified him as an Austrian, now a resident of Pattaya.

Bt10,000 in cash was found on his body and a tablet and notebook computers were found in the vehicle.

Police and rescuers found the wreckage of the Fortuner with Bangkok license plate on the roadside. The vehicle was almost reduced to a heap of wreckage with torn-off roof and torn-off part of the driver’s side.

Helbayna’s body was found lying on the roadside, apparently hurled out by the impact. His right arm was torn off by the impact.

Police checked the tyres’ traces and saw that car headed into the ditch in the middle of the road for about 30 meters before it hit into a tree in the middle of the ditch, causing the right part of the vehicle to be torn off.

The vehicle then changed its direction and came back on the road before it stopped on the left side of the road.

Brochures of his hotel were found scattered at the scene.

Police believe the man was driving to Bangkok but dozed off because of tiredness.

His body was sent for the Kamphaeng Phet Hospital for an auptosy.

12 hours ago, SGD said:

Toyota Fortuner death trap

http://www.samuitimes.com/austrian-hotel-gm-killed-car-crash/

Austrian hotel GM killed in car crash

An Austrian man, who was the general manager of a hotel in Chiang Mai, was killed in a car crash in Kamphaeng Phet’s Muang dstrict Wednesday morning.

fatal car accident in ThailandPol Capt Samarn Songkhoom, an officer on duty at Muang Kamphaeng Phet police station, said the man was identified by his business card as Christoph Hlebayna, 51. His business card showed that he was the general manger of Grand View Hotel and Convenient Center in Chiang Mai.

Samarn said his police station was alerted about the accident at 7:20 am. There were no eyewitnesses but passers-by spotted Hlebayna’s Toyota Fortuner on the side of the Bangkok-bound Phaholyothin Road in Tambon Nakhon Chum in Muang district. His international driving license identified him as an Austrian, now a resident of Pattaya.

Bt10,000 in cash was found on his body and a tablet and notebook computers were found in the vehicle.

Police and rescuers found the wreckage of the Fortuner with Bangkok license plate on the roadside. The vehicle was almost reduced to a heap of wreckage with torn-off roof and torn-off part of the driver’s side.

Helbayna’s body was found lying on the roadside, apparently hurled out by the impact. His right arm was torn off by the impact.

Police checked the tyres’ traces and saw that car headed into the ditch in the middle of the road for about 30 meters before it hit into a tree in the middle of the ditch, causing the right part of the vehicle to be torn off.

The vehicle then changed its direction and came back on the road before it stopped on the left side of the road.

Brochures of his hotel were found scattered at the scene.

Police believe the man was driving to Bangkok but dozed off because of tiredness.

His body was sent for the Kamphaeng Phet Hospital for an auptosy.

Well he weren't doing 30mph eh....Perhaps asleep in cruise control ...

Archived