Online Charity Donations.

I have started reading a book on personal finance.

It recommends donating some of your income to charity

on a regular basis,like setting up a standing order so that

a certain sum of money goes to charity on the same day every month

The thing is I don't know what charity to give it to so I'm asking here for 

recommendations.Does anyone know a great charity with an impecable

reputation for honesty,preferably in Thailand but not nesessarily.

I've just realized how green this letter sounds but I am genuine.

Thanks Oxx,

You've been very helpful, I will look into these links over the next few days.

I know that it's a question that can't really  be answered but do these charities

have a reputation for honesty and would you be reasonably happy that your funds wouldn't be misappropriated if you  were donating to them yourself.

I specifically mentioned these charities because I do believe they're reputable.

Habitat for Humanity is, of course, a US-based charity, most famously supported by former President Jimmy Carter.  I think that's a pretty good endorsement.

The Duang Prateep Foundation's founder, Prateep Unsongthan Hata, is an ex-slum kid herself, and has been working for decades in the area.  She's very highly respected.  More about her at http://www.dpf.or.th/en/autopagev4/show_page.php?topic_id=247&auto_id=27&TopicPk=

The Mercy Centre was founded by Father Joe Maier who's been living in one of the Bangkok slums for decades.  He's a Redemptorist priest and has been living in one of the Bangkok slums for more than 40 years.  Despite his religious conviction, he doesn't try to proselytise (except through his actions).  Some mean-spirited people have suggested he has too keen an interest in the children.  I believe this to be totally without foundation or justification.  I am personally very happy to support the charity financially.  You can also go and visit them in Klong Toei, Bangkok to check them out.  Visitors are very welcome.