US currency account

Good day all

Wonder if anyone could help me

I'm getting payed I'm US dollars at the moment and it erring transferred into a uk bank account so losing money.

Could anyone tell me which is the best bank in Thailand for a foreign currency account. I'm already with the Bangkok bank

Would the full amount of what I deposit go in US dollars

Advice would be grateful thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, stevie123 said:

Would the full amount of what I deposit go in US dollars

You would pay normal int. bank charges as you would if sending to or from any bank account. So for Bangkok Bank receiving fee min 200 and max 500 baht - see here http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/ForeignCurrencyAccount/Pages/Default.aspx

Go to the pdf under Open an Account to see the fees

You could also open an offshore account (eg at Lloyds) in $US.

Lots of previous threads about foreign currency accounts - just do a search.

Be aware of any restrictions and costs if you want to do anything other than change into baht at some point.

Quite odd to be paid in US$ in Thailand. If you are working with a multinational, you may want to consider having as much money as possible paid offshore, if you are not a US citizen, if you are a US citizen, then your government will tax you nonetheless, wherever your bank acct is. A nice offshore bank acct in Dubai, Hong Kong, or Singapore is the way to go.

If u want to transfer to my US account I give you cash here in Thai Baht at no cost. Exchange rate is whatever u see on Google. I make zero profit and give u the money in cash on the spot.

Send me a private message if you are I interested 

Edited by 3421abc

13 hours ago, munchlet said:

Quite odd to be paid in US$ in Thailand. If you are working with a multinational, you may want to consider having as much money as possible paid offshore, if you are not a US citizen, if you are a US citizen, then your government will tax you nonetheless, wherever your bank acct is. A nice offshore bank acct in Dubai, Hong Kong, or Singapore is the way to go.

Can anyone open an account without residency in those cities?