Retirement visa cancellation

Can anyone advise how many days after a Retirement Visa is cancelled that you are allowed to stay in LOS before having to leave?

I have been told that for Business visa cancellation it is 21 days but for Retirement you must leave the same day.

Thank you in advance.

How do you plan on cancelling your current permit to stay. I assume you have an extension of stay not a visa.

Immigration will not cancel that type of extension.

There is no grace period after any extension is cancelled. It is possible to get 7 days to leave the country after paying 1900 baht for a denied extension.

I will start work again and have been advised that i must cancel existing retirement visa and multiple entry permit before going to Thai embassy overseas to obtain new 'non b' visa.

Ubon Joe - yes it is currently an extension to original retirement visa.

Reread my Post # 2. That is what I did last year, and for the same reason as you. If you have a Re-entry Permit  when you leave the country, that will be voided as well. But you don't need it, as long as your new Non "B" visa has been approved.

12 minutes ago, London Fog said:

I will start work again and have been advised that i must cancel existing retirement visa and multiple entry permit before going to Thai embassy overseas to obtain new 'non b' visa.

You do not have an extension to original visa because you cannot extend a VISA,

You have, I believe an extension of your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement

it is not a VISA and it is not an extension of a VISA. There is no such thing as a "retirement

VISA".

2 minutes ago, London Fog said:

I intend to go to Chang Wattana immigration and cancel both visa and re-entry permit there. I presume that I would need to fly out later that same day or pay overstay or pay the denied extension.

Unless you submit a valid reason for them to cancel your extension they will not do it. It is not the same as some extensions that are tied to a specific reason such as one for working or marriage after a divorce.

There is no need to cancel the extension other than that it would cancel the re-entry permit. If you can get a single entry non-b visa immigration on entry would agree to use it instead of the non-b visa.

You will not be able to get a non-b visa at any nearby embassy or consulate without a work permit application approval letter issued by the labor ministry. 

2 hours ago, London Fog said:

I have an idea that is the company you will be working for that told you you must cancel it. Companies are generally wrong only 95% of the time.

In all my time here very few of them have any idea about visas/extensions.

Listen to UBJ and forget what the company told you.

Another edit.

If you are married change to an extension based on being married and if and when the work finishes you keep the extension.

Edited by overherebc