NACC probing G2G rice and tapioca deals

webfact

NACC probing G2G rice and tapioca deals

PNPOL600829001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 30 August 2017 (NNT) – The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) is set to file charges of graft concerning past G-2-G rice sales and G-2-G tapioca sales. 

The NACC is currently reviewing a second lot of Government to Government (G-2-G) rice deals totaling eight contracts and accounting for 14 million tons of grain.

The sale was between the government and a non-state sanctioned entity in China. A similar investigation is being made into a tapioca sale involving seven contracts and 4.79 million tons of the crop. 

It is expected the probes will uncover public and private officials complicit in suspected graft. The NACC is working to finalize the cases this year. 

The rice case involves individuals and groups recently found guilty by the Supreme Court of wrongdoing in the previous administration’s rice pledging scheme. They could be hit with charges of dereliction of duty for failing to properly vet the buyers of the rice. 

If found guilty, the superiors of those involved will be notified and any that are government officials will receive severe disciplinary punishment. Civil action may also be taken.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-30

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

If found guilty, the superiors of those involved will be notified and any that are government officials will receive severe disciplinary punishment. Civil action may also be taken.

Private jets now being fueled...

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Private jets on standby...

I doubt the stooges have ever made enough to afford even the hire, much of the takings being passed "up the line". All the promises of protection from prosecution and/or assistance now proving worthless.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

I doubt the stooges have ever made enough to afford even the hire, much of the takings being passed "up the line". All the promises of protection from prosecution and/or assistance now proving worthless.

So a charter flight for these guys, pooling their ill gotten gains to get the hell out of dodge?

Better make it an A380, chaps ! :unsure:

" The sale was between the government and a non-state sanctioned entity in China. A similar investigation is being made into a tapioca sale involving seven contracts and 4.79 million tons of the crop.  "

To my mind, the key point should be where the rice/tapioca actually ended-up, did it get physically shipped to China (whoever the buyer) or did it remain here in Thailand. :wink:

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Better make it an A380, chaps ! :unsure:

" The sale was between the government and a non-state sanctioned entity in China. A similar investigation is being made into a tapioca sale involving seven contracts and 4.79 million tons of the crop.  "

To my mind, the key point should be where the rice/tapioca actually ended-up, did it get physically shipped to China (whoever the buyer) or did it remain here in Thailand. :wink:

My best guess is, that it was sold back to the government at 3 times the purchase price. It may not even have left the warehouse.

13 minutes ago, Xonax said:

My best guess is, that it was sold back to the government at 3 times the purchase price. It may not even have left the warehouse.

If it did leave the warehouse, would you be surprised if Nattawut Trucking was the carrier of choice.