Phuket’s B55mn ‘Chao Fah bridge’ faces delay over electricity post, drains delayed by rains

webfact

Phuket’s B55mn ‘Chao Fah bridge’ faces delay over electricity post, drains delayed by rains

Shela Riva

1504070186_1-org.jpg

Those waiting for the bridge to finally open will have to wait a little longer, says the project manager. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: -- The bridge and road located behind King Power duty-free ‘mega-store’ on Chao Fa West Rd that was expected to open in April this year will be delayed by at least another three months due to delays in installing an electricity post and flood issues, The Phuket News has been told.

The project has raised complaints as the drain at the entrance and exit to the bridge, which has been excavated for repositioning, has been left dangerously open for weeks.

“We have temporarily stopped working on repositioning the drain as there has been heavy rain and some flooding in the area. However we will begin the works as soon as possible. It will take about another week,” project manager Pirapong Pongpradit of Ratchintin Co Ltd told The Phuket News today (Aug 30).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-b55mn-chao-fah-bridge-faces-delay-over-electricity-post-drains-delayed-by-rains-63667.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-30

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What a joke.

The construction or the fact they built a road here at all? 

I thought it was open when I saw some buses go down there and the giant TOURITS ATTRACTION (sic) sign put into place but a quick look made me realise that this road is nothing more than a back entrance to the King Power store. I wonder who paid for it?