Thailand's former PM Thaksin breaks silence on Twitter

webfact

43 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

What good did he do?  "NOTHING"

A myth, no small POOR farmer got anything.  it was the big farm people and the millers they call the poor farmer---no way poor.  The small village farm with Mom and Pop got nothing, apart from able to borrow seed etc and pay back later --a definite myth the poor farmer he helped---ha ha,      they loved it because if they voted for him the village head man would help them a little,   the head man was paid to do this via the town head who was  given red funding---do not be fooled.  there is not a big love for the military nor is there big love any more for Thaksin,  that is a myth,   many rural people are not aware of the happenings---most cannot even read.

Edited by ginjag

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

That is true and General Prayut would do well to remember that 'producing' Sec 44 can just as easily be 'reversed' when things change and change they will at some stage. Why not concentrate on the evil amongst us not the past?

Because I see those in office doing great things for the country, while you spend your time praising a career criminal and his puppets.

55 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

reserves grew

debt dropped

30 baht health care scheme

employment grew

infant mortality dropped

village funds helped tens of thousands

GDP grew

+++

yea he did "NOTHING"  slam him for his faults (and there are many) not say he did "NOTHING"

And he had nothing to do, with any of the things you just mentioned. LOL. The debt droped Then he had Thailand borrow billions of baht for the rice scam. That has left Thailand with the terrible economic problems it has now.

Edited by ovi1kanobi

2 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

And he had nothing to do, with any of the things you mentioned. LOL

He did not do anyone any favours because he was elected to do these things on oath,  some people are forgetting he GOT PAID for his doings.   Why is anyone made a saint when they carry out a promise made when elected.   Like  "I promise to take care of all citizens" and govern fairly without corruption.....OMG

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

Because I see those in office doing great things for the country, while you spend your time praising a career criminal and his puppets.

"great things for the country"?  name some

I'm staggered even YOU would come out with that

22 minutes ago, jayboy said:

The populist measures pioneered by Thaksin were not all flawed which is the reason the Democrats and even the Junta have copied many aspects of them.You are not able to justify the crass contention PTP's policies were not designed to benefit the nation:clearly they were, with the hope that the Thai people would continue to put faith in the party's leadership.Is it not possible for you to hold two ideas in your head at the same time or are we condemn ed to live with your one dimensional cartoonish version of politics? To make it easy for you all democratic politicians wish to expand their influence  by promoting popular policies.If there is dissatisfaction with implementation, the Thai people can vote them out.If the Democrats had been less cowardly,less incompetent and less subservient to the old order, I suspect that is exactly what would have happened.

I wonder who has the simplistic view, those who claim democracy because there were elections while many of the other requirements were sadly lacking, or those who call it what it was? Who has the moral high ground, those who ignore criminality and call it business as usual, or those who applaud prosecution of criminals using government to escape punishment, if only temporarily as they are discovering?

How do you praise a policy declared to assist "the poorest farmers" when hundreds of billions of baht spent raises not one from poverty? How do you accept a government whose immediate goals are to suborn the police through bribes and nepotism, to make it easier fro their corruption and to assist their fugitive criminal leader?

You say it is one dimensional and cartoonish to say these thing are wrong, I say you ignore what is wrong to suit your own agenda.

10 minutes ago, halloween said:

Problem the Military haters are that obsessed with this they would never want to know, the same most play down the Thaksin era,   and switch the conversation back to the power in charge now.  The problem being they will not look they want you to answer for them to pick fault with that.

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

You would be, because you ignore what is happening. Politicians of both sides being held accountable, massive infrastructure projects actually going ahead, land frauds being uncovered and prosecuted, buddhism being put under scrutiny for its sins, the parasitic Shinawatras being removed. Tell me this is not better than watching hundreds of billions of baht disappearing into corrupt politicians pockets.

9 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Sorry for butting in,  even if people are not military lovers, it is noted things are going on regardless ---Why do you ask about --Name some,  are you too lazy to find out yourself,     I see the bad --but I can see the good so why all this one sided view ??

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

You would be, because you ignore what is happening. Politicians of both sides being held accountable, massive infrastructure projects actually going ahead, land frauds being uncovered and prosecuted, buddhism being put under scrutiny for its sins, the parasitic Shinawatras being removed. Tell me this is not better than watching hundreds of billions of baht disappearing into corrupt politicians pockets.

"politicians of BOTH sides".

You mean

1/ red side

2/ yelow & green side

?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

In response, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said Thaksin should be left alone to do whatever he wants. “Let him be. What can a Twitter message do?

Fascinating. Yet the need for firewalls, Facebook page removals, network sniffing software, and forms for foreigners to detail all of their social media accounts.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

'being held accountable'?  they have given themselves AMNESTY and he struts around like some demonic Roman General across old Britannia saying "I am ALL powerful".    No one is allowed to dissent - where is the check and balance in that?  

10 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

'being held accountable'?  they have given themselves AMNESTY and he struts around like some demonic Roman General across old Britannia saying "I am ALL powerful".    No one is allowed to dissent - where is the check and balance in that?  

Both sides being yellow and red. The inclusion of the yellow as part of the military junta because they hold some views/ideals in common is a red ploy to confuse the current issue and carry over the hate they have infused into their followers.  it seems you have swallowed that line along with most of their BS.

BTW that was the best you could do?

Edited by halloween

1 minute ago, halloween said:

Both sides being yellow and red. The inclusion of the yellow as part of the military junta because they hold some views/ideals in common is a red ploy to confuse the current issue and carry over the hate they have infused into their followers.  it seems you have swallowed that line along with most of their BS.

You feel the yellow Junta has been inclusive?  offered the reds some sort of reconciliation?  maybe some seats on their new 'Supreme Council'?  a chance to debate?  or maybe contribute?  no?  

You support a Military Junta and it's that plain and simple so don't try and dress it up into some sort of 'saving Thailand BS'  I'm not fooled, most posters are not fooled and you can be damn sure most Thais are not fooled. They put them down in '76 and are doing so again.

Salang.jpg

On 8/30/2017 at 1:55 PM, webfact said:

"Montesquieu once said 'There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice'," Thaksin said on his official Twitter page.

And there's no more a sham democracy than one where votes are bought with short term unsustainable populism as a substitute for broad-based policy proposals that bring sustained benefits to the masses.

31 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

And there's no more a sham democracy than one where votes are bought with short term unsustainable populism as a substitute for broad-based policy proposals that bring sustained benefits to the masses.

The 1trillon baht "strong Thailand" populist policies by Ahbisit didn't win them much votes. You missed that inclusion and totally dismantled your opinion. 

Montesquieu was a remarkable man in many respects, as opposed to Thaksin who is merely a manipulative, ignorant and delusional opportunist.

Montesquieu's most important work 'De l'esprit des lois', published in the middle of the 18th century, and which took him 15 years to write, is a summary of his political views.

The key chapter is the one in which he describes how the separation of powers (legislative, executive and judicial) must be the absolute priority in a political system that aims to be just, efficient, and long-lasting. The separation of powers, however, was never on the agenda of Mr Thaksin (or his predecessors, or his successors, for that matter).

He must have been too busy all his life making money in all kinds of bizarre ways and telling other people what to do, because I'm pretty certain he hasn't read a single line of Montesquieu.

Thaksin clearly belongs to the growing family of populist politicians who don't read books, and who are proud of it. I suppose they think it somehow proves that they are 'closer to the people'.

What he did here was quote a dictionary of quotations, otherwise known as 'Culture and Wisdom For Dummies'. Or, more likely, it's a suggestion by one of his communication wizards who did read Montesquieu.

PS. I don't know where they found that photo of him, but it's a downright scary image. He looks like he's straight out of Madame Tussauds.

Edited by Yann55

Montesquieu was a remarkable man in many respects, as opposed to Thaksin who is merely a manipulative, ignorant and delusional opportunist.

Montesquieu's most important work 'De l'esprit des lois', published in the middle of the 18th century, and which took him 15 years to write, is a summary of his political views.

The key chapter is the one in which he describes how the separation of powers (legislative, executive and judicial) must be the absolute priority in a political system that aims to be just, efficient, and long-lasting. The separation of powers, however, was never on the agenda of Mr Thaksin (or his predecessors, or his successors, for that matter).

He must have been too busy all his life making money in all kinds of bizarre ways and telling other people what to do, because I'm pretty certain he hasn't read a single line of Montesquieu.

Thaksin clearly belongs to the growing family of populist politicians who don't read books, and who are proud of it. I suppose they think it somehow proves that they are 'closer to the people'.

What he did here was quote a dictionary of quotations, otherwise known as 'Culture and Wisdom For Dummies'. Or, more likely, it's a suggestion by one of his communication wizards who did read Montesquieu.

PS. I don't know where they found that photo of him, but it's a downright scary image. He looks like he's straight out of Madame Tussauds.

I doubt whether any politicians here read serious books,Abhisit perhaps.

And I'm pretty certain you have never read a line of Montesquieu.I imagine Thaksin found the quote the same way you found your Montesquieu expertise, leading through Wikipedia and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Notice how Reuters, AFP, BBC all conveniently fail to mention Thaksin tried to bribe the judges, for which one of his lawyers was convicted and jailed. Just like they forget to mention that he was illegally occupying the position of caretaker PM when he was removed having previously resigned then snatched the job back without any authority, or democracy.

Now they have started forgetting Yingluck was dismissed by a court prior to the 2014 coup.

Makes you wonder.

Yes, They talk about her being democatically elected and how popular she is, winning all elections. But they never mention that she did not win a single seat in the whole of southern Thailand and most of Bangkok.

Yes, They talk about her being democatically elected and how popular she is, winning all elections. But they never mention that she did not win a single seat in the whole of southern Thailand and most of Bangkok.

The South has been locked up for the Democrats for decades and a corrupt set up it is too.It certainly wasn't a wipe out for PTP in Bangkok where they won one third of the seats.In any case the fact that a successful party does better in one part of the country than another has nothing to do with its democratic credentials.

You seem also a bit confused about Thailand's democratic system which is not presidential.Yingluck did not win or lose seats except her own.To be fair it was known she was leader of the PTP so to that extent she was national.Anyway the PTP won an overwhelming victory under her leadership and she became the last legitimate Prime Minister.

7 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

You feel the yellow Junta has been inclusive?  offered the reds some sort of reconciliation?  maybe some seats on their new 'Supreme Council'?  a chance to debate?  or maybe contribute?  no?  

You support a Military Junta and it's that plain and simple so don't try and dress it up into some sort of 'saving Thailand BS'  I'm not fooled, most posters are not fooled and you can be damn sure most Thais are not fooled. They put them down in '76 and are doing so again.

Salang.jpg

The wannabe Guevara T-shirt wearers among us have always wanted to make some historical link between Thaksin's reds and revolts in the past but it just doesn't wash. The only thing Thaksin has aspired to is securing State Power for his own ends. In short its all about Thaksin and until his time is finished progress is halted. The pro-Thaksin outrage however comes from the same quarters who cheer on those other useless liberation leaders in South America such as Venezuela with their crony corruption.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

The South has been locked up for the Democrats for decades and a corrupt set up it is too.It certainly wasn't a wipe out for PTP in Bangkok where they won one third of the seats.In any case the fact that a successful party does better in one part of the country than another has nothing to do with its democratic credentials.

You seem also a bit confused about Thailand's democratic system which is not presidential.Yingluck did not win or lose seats except her own.To be fair it was known she was leader of the PTP so to that extent she was national.Anyway the PTP won an overwhelming victory under her leadership and she became the last legitimate Prime Minister.

She wasn't the leader. She was Thaksin's crony. Openly and no messing about. In fact the whole government was pushed to devoting itself to Thaksin's return and restoration.

5 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Talking of corrupt set-ups, how about the Northern landowners in Thaksin's pocket and what happens to anybody daring to go against the line in the 'Red Villages'. She was the last member of the Thaksin family going down for corruption. No heroine there.

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 0:14 AM, Thian said:

yeah for 500 baht a vote, you call that democratically? If one offers 600 baht they'll all vote for him.

We hear this all the time as an excuse to explain a series of landslide election victories. What I dont understand , if the electorate is so willing to sell their vote for a few hundred baht , is why did the opposition not simply up the ante , they had all the aces.

The entire Thai establishment , all bar one of the billionaire elite and a large majority of the wealthy urban upper middle class all on one side.

All these apparently financially beaten down by one billionaire allied to basicly impoverished supporters , doesn't quite add up does it ?

23 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

They should indeed report the facts about coups. But that's no excuse not to report factually about the antics of those who were removed from office by a court.

Or should we presume you and the two who liked your post support false reporting as long as it suits your political agenda?

Well I , in common with the media organisations in question , have no political agenda. Perhaps we just know our history well enough to recognise that coups and military rule are never the solution.

You ,however ,constantly display your extreme political bias so we can now add hypocrisy to your charge sheet.