DSI launches massive land probe in Phuket

snoop1130

DSI launches massive land probe in Phuket

The Phuket News

1504085860_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- A team from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) have arrived in Phuket to launch an investigative review of 627 SorKor 1 land-use documents being used to occupy protected public land, and especially land within Sirinath National Park.

The review was announced by DSI Deputy Chief Lt Col Prawut Wongsrinil at a meeting at Thalang District Office yesterday (Aug 29).

At the meeting were Thalang District Chief Vigrom Jarkthi and Witoon Detpramuanphon, who currently serves as Chief of Sirinath National Park, along with other officials and even local village headmen.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dsi-launches-massive-land-probe-in-phuket-63675.php#yaVXVEZYc83O1KB0.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-8-30

Looks like some properties would end up like in Spain....that were built on paradiasic locations, breath taking views with all due permits issued locally by corrupt politicians....

but at one point the Spanish Federal Government probed, saw the scam, and the owners who had paid up and thought things were done legitimately,

had nothing but their eyes to cry when the bulldozers and the federal police came over and pulled down entire lines of houses ..

I would never invest in any area in Thiland with a paradiasic sea view, on a location that may seem to good to be true....

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Looks like some properties would end up like in Spain....that were built on paradiasic locations, breath taking views with all due permits issued locally by corrupt politicians....

but at one point the Spanish Federal Government probed, saw the scam, and the owners who had paid up and thought things were done legitimately,

had nothing but their eyes to cry when the bulldozers and the federal police came over and pulled down entire lines of houses ..

I would never invest in any area in Thiland with a paradiasic sea view, on a location that may seem to good to be true....

Are you married??    :sorry:

Well as a foreigner who left Thailand some years ago but visits regularly, my observations lead me to be a junta supporter, this article is a start, we need to see the end game but can anyone honestly say that without the junta that this would happen ??

Let us hope there is a lot of follow up on all the carefully witnessed and signed documents because the reason they all got done is bribery and corruption.  It would be nice if someone who knows where it all happened puts his hand up and gets immunity, that would be interesting.

2 hours ago, rosst said:

It would be nice if someone who knows where it all happened puts his hand up and gets immunity, that would be interesting.

Well that Phuket land official that died in DSI custody makes it highly improbable. 

4 hours ago, rosst said:

Well as a foreigner who left Thailand some years ago but visits regularly, my observations lead me to be a junta supporter, this article is a start, we need to see the end game but can anyone honestly say that without the junta that this would happen ??

Let us hope there is a lot of follow up on all the carefully witnessed and signed documents because the reason they all got done is bribery and corruption.  It would be nice if someone who knows where it all happened puts his hand up and gets immunity, that would be interesting.

Except we may find those who benefited from these dodgy land titles are the juntas supporters and any investigation will be selectively applied. Or like usual, it will just disappear into the past.

They need to look into to Rawai as well. What ever happened with the Sea Gypsy village fiasco? The DSI ruled in favor of the Sea Gypsies as they were there before there were any land titles, but that didn't seem to matter to the courts or the big money that somehow came up with mysterious chanote titles just a few years ago. A lot of land up by Laem Promtep was deemed government land, but now, seems like they have chanote title as well are now for sale. The whole island has many very dubious land titles since the tsunami it seems to me!

Edited by Jimi007

In a years time lets see how many speculators and corrupt officials have actually been prosecuted , sentenced and actually done any jail time.

Despite some of you wetting yourselves with excitement , nothing has happened yet , I strongly suspect it will be same as it ever was.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, joecoolfrog said:

In a years time lets see how many speculators and corrupt officials have actually been prosecuted , sentenced and actually done any jail time.

Despite some of you wetting yourselves with excitement , nothing has happened yet , I strongly suspect it will be same as it ever was.

All part of the same corrupt mob with ties to the BIB and military.........so agree with you and "Talking Heads"!

On 9/2/2017 at 11:10 AM, joecoolfrog said:

True, but Phuket still represents a great place to invest in property. 

I mean, what's the worse that happen, you spend millions of baht on fake documents, that should be guaranteed by Thai Government agencies.   :cheesy::cheesy: