Thailand set to host MotoGP in 2018

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Stupidity by the present government is not an uncommon occurrence. Thailand is infamous for being number one in the world for motorcycle road fatalities. This event should certainly stir the lunatic street racing boys into a frenzy with even more young lives lost.

There are already superbike races in Buriram. And it has no impact on yeary fatalities in thailand.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Well spotted Overherb thats just come up on my motogp feed .. He's having surgery today but yea you're right 6 to 8 wks minimum .. 

Got T boned on the bike and broke just the Tibia. A pair of motocross boots with a half inch of rubber and plate on the front on top of the leathers took most of it. Doc' reckoned breaking both T and F is a midges widgie off an amputation.

Makes your eyes water.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Got T boned on the bike and broke just the Tibia. A pair of motocross boots with a half inch of rubber and plate on the front on top of the leathers took most of it. Doc' reckoned breaking both T and F is a midges widgie off an amputation.

Makes your eyes water.

Yea i'll go along with that .. :smile:

DSC_0030.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

There are already superbike races in Buriram. And it has no impact on yeary fatalities in thailand.

And how do you know? I expect your read it in the stars Obi-Wan. At least it will help to ensure that Thailand remains on the wold's no.1 spot on the motorcycle road fatalities.

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Rossi's already driven it. Says it's a boring circuit.

Be a good memory for him, broke his leg in two places very recently, doubt he will be back at the top given his age.

Note to self: read all posts before posting :sorry:

Edited by CGW

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And while we're at it lets ban Bicycle races because every year after the Tour de Yorkshire deaths go up due to the great piles of black pudding eaten on the streets, or F1 because of the massive number of deaths on the roads outside Silverstone circuit.

How about the Highland games? Have you seen the death rate from people throwing haggis at each other in the main road in Balmoral.

As they say in Aberdeen  'thon wid fear ye'

???

Remember, you brought the Wold's into it.

What a heap of gibberish!! No where did I suggest it be banned. Hang on to that bar stool. They have been known to be fatal. :drunk:

Great news for motorcycle enthusiasts, also this would be the perfect kind of event for Thailand to incorporate road safety awareness and bring it to the attention of many more people at one time. Hold safety awareness and positive driving campaigns at these events to educate all especially the younger age group. To not hold the event would be ridiculous you could get so much positive media from this if it was marketed properly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AaronC76 said:

I'm really looking forward to it. What other big sports events does this country put on?

It's a shame the only comments I ever see on this forum are negative ones.

The military are pretty good at using the population as target practice every few years.

9 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Great news for motorcycle enthusiasts, also this would be the perfect kind of event for Thailand to incorporate road safety awareness and bring it to the attention of many more people at one time. Hold safety awareness and positive driving campaigns at these events to educate all especially the younger age group. To not hold the event would be ridiculous you could get so much positive media from this if it was marketed properly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I fully agree. Lots of circuits run courses that work in instilling good and safe riding ideas as well as talent spotting for future star riders.

• Like 1

There is a certain irony in several posters insisting that a motorcycle racing event will not lead to deaths and injuries, followed by a variety of posts describing, comparing and illustrating injuries sustained in their own motorcycle accidents.

I often look wistfully at the motorcycles displayed in our local BigC. I would love one, even a 250cc, but I know that here it is just too bl**dy dangerous....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

There is a certain irony in several posters insisting that a motorcycle racing event will not lead to deaths and injuries, followed by a variety of posts describing, comparing and illustrating injuries sustained in their own motorcycle accidents.

I often look wistfully at the motorcycles displayed in our local BigC. I would love one, even a 250cc, but I know that here it is just too bl**dy dangerous....

It's a fact you always get second prize in a bike/car accident. In all fairness in UK for me anyway there isn't the same attitude as here that most car drivers have, ie it's only a bike so it should not be in my way.

Another big difference is getting a licence and the training you have to go through to get it.

Plus you have a very active police force in UK to enforce things.

International bike racing meetings could be a good place to get things started as others have posted.

• Like 1

One and done. When the dust settles and the reality of what a disaster having a World class MOTO GP in the boonies know as Buriram was it will adios Newin. Just try getting there, trying finding accomodations that are not over an hour away, try driving on two lane rodes with over 60000 other people, try getting around what is nothing more than a medium sized city with very limited infastructures. The list could go on. Newin must have ponied up a huge wad of CASH to get this. The only ones getting their moneys worth will be Newin and his gang of thieves. What a joke.

28 minutes ago, JAG said:

Wouldn't disagree with you Jag on the fact that you are more vunerable to being damaged whilst riding a motorcycle .. You are more at the mercy of other road users , let alone how some folk ride their machines that can be equally damaging but you are not invunerable to serious damage/injury when driving a car as the photo illustrates .. It was a post of empathy for Rossi who has suffered a similar leg injury abeit on a motorcycle .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Spelling

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Late season , most likely October-ish to fit with the current Malaysian, Japan detours. Of course getting a dry race day in October will be a total lottery.

They go to Japan in mid Oct then Aust and then Malaysia - Thailand makes sense to be straight after that. Late October or Early November likely. And that is when the rains usually ease off.  

Looking forward to going - but I wont be riding a bike there, like I used to do down to Phillips Island.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

If you scared of motorcycles then please do not ride one. You could endanger the lives of others. Especially people from countrys like England, who have little or no experience. On a two wheeled vehicle.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

That would be the same England, whom, along with Germany invented the motorcycle? 

The same England that started commercial motorcycle production in 1896?

Your almost right, as usual almost, because the motorcycle was invented by the French 30 years earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_motorcycle

The first steam powered motorcycle, the Michaux-Perreaux steam velocipede, can be traced to 1867, when Pierre's son Ernest Michaux fitted a small steam engine to one of the 'velocipedes'.[3]

11 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Your almost right, as usual almost, because the motorcycle was invented by the French 30 years earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_motorcycle

The first steam powered motorcycle, the Michaux-Perreaux steam velocipede, can be traced to 1867, when Pierre's son Ernest Michaux fitted a small steam engine to one of the 'velocipedes'.[3]

They stole the steam engine from the Brits - typical French

6 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

They should ban beer in Thailand. Beer causes most of the road accidents in Thailand. Its irresponsible to allow beer to be served in this country. It contributes to thousands of deathes every year on the highways!

Mai pen lai krab, have lao kao...alloy maak maak.