Best Place To Go For Non Immigrant O Multi Entry Besides Uk

Any possibility of getting above in Dubai? Failing that KL or Singapore? Reason would have to be visiting family.

Visit Singapore and post your passport (courier only) to the UK consulate and obtain that way. I know Lopburi is against it, but its legal and I have done so twice and all my contacts now do this also.

Any possibility of getting above in Dubai? Failing that KL or Singapore? Reason would have to be visiting family.

Visit Singapore and post your passport (courier only) to the UK consulate and obtain that way. I know Lopburi is against it, but its legal and I have done so twice and all my contacts now do this also.

I am British and hold two passports. One of my passports is new, there is no stamps. Would it be possible to send this passport to the UK while i continue to use the other passport. Or do i need the Singapore entry stamp, prior to sending the passport. How long before you get your passport back from the UK ?.

I am British and hold two passports. One of my passports is new, there is no stamps. Would it be possible to send this passport to the UK while i continue to use the other passport. Or do i need the Singapore entry stamp, prior to sending the passport. How long before you get your passport back from the UK ?.

As you have 2 passports it is a good idea to use this method. Personally I would not atempt it with only 1 passport.

I think you will find that they will not send your passport to anything but a UK address.

well, let's see... the method is of dubious legality, the passport may go missing, the visas were issued in the United Kingdom at times when your passport says you were still in the Republic of Singapore...

OK, point taken. So back to the OP is there anywhere else other than the UK where it is easy to obtain a non-Im B?

well, let's see... the method is of dubious legality, the passport may go missing, the visas were issued in the United Kingdom at times when your passport says you were still in the Republic of Singapore...

And you will be staying in an Asian country without a Passport.

As you have 2 passports it is a good idea to use this method. Personally I would not atempt it with only 1 passport.

I think you will find that they will not send your passport to anything but a UK address.

You will (probably) get away with it as I know a couple of guys who have done this for years but it is highly illegal to apply for a visa while inside Thailand..

Just schedule a short holiday and do it from there.. I have done this now for the last few years with the full agreement of the UK embassy and the Thai consul in writing.. I have even explained it to Thai immigration (local) verbally and had it agreed verbally but they never agree in writing.

I thought that you weren't allowed to post your passport to obtain a non-imm visa? Surely the Thai authoirties can tell that you never entered the country in which the visa was issued?...

Posting a passport to obtain a visa is perfectly legal and happens all the time..

You simply cannot be within Thailand when you apply.

The only risk is the missing in postage passport, hence DHL or UPS etc are essential.

There is nothing of dubious legality about it.. You travel outside of Thailand and apply for a visa, its 100% legal and permissable.

Secondly when you have 2 passports theres no 'entry exit chop' trail thats red flagging your location. That makes no actual difference but means you dont have to explain anything to the immigration officer who may not like the dual passport thing.

And you will be staying in an Asian country without a Passport.

So get a second one..

Or get an alternative ID thats accepted in that country.

You will (probably) get away with it as I know a couple of guys who have done this for years but it is highly illegal to apply for a visa while inside Thailand..

Just schedule a short holiday and do it from there.. I have done this now for the last few years with the full agreement of the UK embassy and the Thai consul in writing.. I have even explained it to Thai immigration (local) verbally and had it agreed verbally but they never agree in writing.

Let me know if you think this is an option. I have two British passports. The company i work for has an office in Singapore. I send one of my passports to our Singapore office, and have them send the passport to the uk consulate. The UK consulate would then return my passport to Singapore, and in turn my office would send me my passport to my home in Thailand.

Let me know if you think this is an option. I have two British passports. The company i work for has an office in Singapore. I send one of my passports to our Singapore office, and have them send the passport to the uk consulate. The UK consulate would then return my passport to Singapore, and in turn my office would send me my passport to my home in Thailand.

You NEED an exit Thailand stamp.

I thought that you weren't allowed to post your passport to obtain a non-imm visa? Surely the Thai authoirties can tell that you never entered the country in which the visa was issued?...

Posting a passport to obtain a visa is perfectly legal and happens all the time..

You simply cannot be within Thailand when you apply.

Thanks for your post. I was begining to feel it was just me and the tumbleweed blowing across this camp! :o

There is nothing of dubious legality about it.. You travel outside of Thailand and apply for a visa, its 100% legal and permissable.

Secondly when you have 2 passports theres no 'entry exit chop' trail thats red flagging your location. That makes no actual difference but means you dont have to explain anything to the immigration officer who may not like the dual passport thing.

Posting a passport to a different country and back again, 100% legal? I wonder. Have you read the terms and conditions at the front of your UK passport recently? Who do you think the passport actually belongs to, in law?

Thanks for confirming that without 2 passports your method is potentially problematic.

Edited by paully

The consulate may only return to a UK address who could then forward it to Singapore

You would need to exit Thailand with the passport that holds your current permission to stay and enter Thailand with the passport holding the new visa, you cant swop passports in Thailand. So you would need to go to Singapore to collect the second passport. This also couldn't be done through a land border, only by flying out and in.

If you are working in Thailand wouldn't it cause problems re-newing your WP if you chopped and changed?

If you are working in Thailand wouldn't it cause problems re-newing your WP if you chopped and changed?

Of course if you had a WP, you would not need to resort to these shenanigans as you would be getting the yearly extension.

A work permit does not equal yearly extensions of stay - you and the company must meet the requirements of immigration to extend.

Correct.

Am I right in thinking the minority of WP-holders from developed nations who do not qualify for a yearly extension will be on 90-day visa runs and would not need to send their passport halfway across the world?

No that would make no differene.. Its where you are and you cannot be inside Thailand when you apply for a visa.. You must travel outside the kingdom to be issued a new visa legally.

You NEED an exit Thailand stamp.

He has two passports.. The entry exit chops would not be in the second passport anyway.

However that doesnt change the fact that it would be illegal.

Posting a passport to a different country and back again, 100% legal? I wonder. Have you read the terms and conditions at the front of your UK passport recently? Who do you think the passport actually belongs to, in law?

Thanks for confirming that without 2 passports your method is potentially problematic.

Yes perfectly legal.. Try writing to the British embassy about it (as I have) they will confirm you can send a second passport to apply for a visa.. I have posted emails on all this on here but mods delete them as they say you cannot verify if they are real. Also consider this.. Some countries dont have an embassy here.. How do you apply for a visa ?? Of course the answer is you must post your application to them.

As to the passport notes.. Yes I have read them (maybe your referring to the point 7 Caution about taking care of your passport ?).. What point explicity says you cannot post your passport internationally for a visa ??

The consulate may only return to a UK address who could then forward it to Singapore

Thats true from some time off last year, previously they would courier it to you anywhere but as of last year Hull say they cannot accept the risk off loss and will only send UK special delivery which is only for the UK.

I didnt ask about if they would accept me sending my own courier to collect as it would no longer be 'their' responsibility.. However I was meeting my brother in india anyway so it was a non issue.

Ok answer anyone? No thai spouse/relatives but that not a problem when applying Uk but don't want to go back there, prefer Dubai, KL or Singapore, will any of them issue on reason - visiting relatives