I Need More Passport Pages Or A New Passport

Could anybody help me with how I could go about making room in my USA passport? I come to Thailand on business visas and there's not much room left. I will only be in America for a month for Christmas when I will also have to get my new business visa so I don't think I will have time to also get a new passport or add pages while in America.

Can I get something like this done at the embassy here? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Daniel

Could anybody help me with how I could go about making room in my USA passport?  I come to Thailand on business visas and there's not much room left.  I will only be in America for a month for Christmas when I will also have to get my new business visa so I don't think I will have time to also get a new passport or add pages while in America.

Can I get something like this done at the embassy here?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Daniel

US Embassy Bangkok, American Citizen Services. Will add pages while you wait, free of charge. Just be sure to check the hours that ACS counter is open before trotting over there.

Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll be making a trip over there in the next few days.

Any ideas about a long term solution to my problem?  What do I do once those new pages are used up considering my situation?

Don't you have an option to (at extra charge) get a "frequent traveller" passport?

Oz passport like that has 64 pages (instead of 32).

Thanks for the tip.  I think I'll be making a trip over there in the next few days.

Any ideas about a long term solution to my problem?  What do I do once those new pages are used up considering my situation?

It's been quite a number of years since I've done that much traveling, but I just looked at one of my old passports with pages added at the embassy in Bangkok. I had pages added 2 separate times (about one year apart), and they added about 20 pages each time. As far as I know you can continute on like this until you passport expires.

Anyone know if the British Embassy has this service? Only got one full blank page left.

I did a quick searh and according to "Translator":

"'I called the british embassy in bk on same request, but with the statute six months stamp space left. The embassy told me "oh no its against the law to include more pages sir.

Lucky yanks...you lot get away with murder.....'."

Somewhere else on the forum I am sure I read some other people mention that it is not possible to get pages added at the British Embassy. Oh well.

It's been quite a number of years since I've done that much traveling, but I just looked at one of my old passports with pages added at the embassy in Bangkok. I had pages added 2 separate times (about one year apart), and they added about 20 pages each time. As far as I know you can continute on like this until you passport expires.

I filled up four sets of additional pages on my last passport before it eventually disintegrated and I had to get a new one.

Anyone know if the British Embassy has this service? Only got one full blank page left.

I think Ken is right that it's not possible to get blank pages added to a UK passport. However, the British Embassies are quick at getting new passports. I've not had experience of Bangkok yet but both Helsinki and Hong Kong embassies got me a new passport in 5 working days - that was the 'normal' service. I also kept my passport while they did it so was able to travel. This includes when I renewed my passport at the height of the UK holiday season (i.e. when everyone else realises they need a new one...) - still got one in 5 days.

If you need to get a new UK passport, the embassies overseas are definitely the place to get it! :o

Withnail,

I got a new British 48 page passport a month ago and went to Nong Khai immigration (my nearest) and they moved all the visas over to the new passport. There was no charge and it took about 20 minutes. It's also the neatest set of visa I'll ever have because he was so careful and practised on a scrap of paper first.

The British Embassy took about ten days to renew the passport through the post. Very efficient.

Lung Bing

Withnail,

I got a new British 48 page passport  a month ago and went to Nong Khai immigration (my nearest)  and they  moved all the visas over to the new passport.  There was no charge and it took about 20 minutes.  It's also the neatest set of visa I'll ever have because he was so careful and practised on a scrap of paper first.

The British Embassy took about ten days to renew the passport through the post.  Very efficient.

Lung Bing

Lung Bing,

Did the guy cut the old visa from the old passport and stick it in the new passport? I have to renew mine in about 18 months and was wondering how they do it.

I assumed they just put a new retirement stamp, one year extension stamp and re-entry stamp in the new passport. My original "long-stay" visa expired a long time ago and was from the Thai embassy in London. Although it is very pretty, I didn't think it was essential to have it transferred to a new passport. Can you shed any light?

I am about half way through my second set of additional pages (US Passprt). One set in KL and one in Bangkok, both free, both in about 20 minutes.

They add 24 pages (A-X). I have been told there is a 4 additional set limit (total 120 pages) before they they make you get a new passport.

TH

At Nong Khai (I can't speak for any other office) they have a set of hand-stamps of the visas used. They use them to stamp in new ones, my arrival stamp, non-immigrant 'O' as I said after doing it first on a scrap of paper, and the yearly extension I have had. Then he transferred all the details in ink by hand including the number of my old, expired, passport. I don't think they would be allowed to cut up the old passport as it belongs to the Britsh Embassy, or rather the passort issuing authority.

I had a very minor dispute with them as the passport issuing authority was listed as "FCO" which I believe stands for "Foreign and Commonwealth Office", the correct name for the British Foreign Office. Nong Khai said it stood for "Foreign Commission". I am not going to argue with them, I need that visa!

With Nong Khai taking three consecutive monthly visits before deigning to grant my visa extension then the new passport is going to fill up before the ten years are up even though I bought the larger 48 pages one. And at well over 5000 baht that wasn't cheap.

Lung Bing

At Nong Khai (I can't speak for any other office)  they have a set of hand-stamps of the visas used.  They use them to stamp  in new ones, my arrival stamp, non-immigrant 'O' as I said after  doing it first on a scrap of paper, and the yearly extension I have had.  Then he transferred all the details in ink by hand  including the number of my old, expired, passport.  I don't think they would be allowed to cut up the old passport as it belongs to the Britsh Embassy, or rather  the passort issuing authority.

I had a very minor dispute with them as the passport issuing authority was listed as  "FCO"  which I believe stands for "Foreign and Commonwealth Office",  the correct name for the British Foreign Office.  Nong Khai said it stood for "Foreign Commission".  I am not going to argue with them,  I need that visa!

With Nong Khai taking three consecutive monthly visits before deigning to grant my visa extension then the new passport is going to fill up before the ten years are up even though I bought the larger 48 pages one.  And at  well over 5000 baht that wasn't cheap.

Lung Bing

Thanks for the info! :o