My Fusion Food For Tonight

thaigerd

Hi !

Just having a nice and quiet Sunday at home I decided to make some food for my wife and me for our dinner tonight. But what to cook what Thais and farangs like???

Ok ,here I will try to explain you my recipe and the way how to prepare and cook it.

I must say that I am a professional chef and it's not easy for us to explain it, MASTER_CHIEF here on the bord will know what I mean:

At first the shopping list(without any amounts of gram etc):

Bell peppers, any colour you like

Minced beef and minced pork(you can use only pork or only beef, up to your taste)

Onions

Garlic

medium sized chili(they are not too hot)

pik yuak(the green big chilis, not hot but spicy)

Eggs

old baguette or toast bread

salt, white pepper, nutmeg, Knorr Beef stock

How to prepare:

Your wife peels the garlic, onions and opens the canned products for you. :o

Cut the tops off from the bell peppers and remove the seeds from the inside, clean them under running water.

(meanwhile you soak the old baguette bread in water)

Cut the chilis in half and take out the seeds aswell.

Now slice the onions, garlic, chilis and the leftovers from the bell peppers(the tops you've cut off)

in cubes, but not to small.

Heat up a big pot with some vegetable oil or olive oil.

Add your onions, garlic, chilis and the leftovers from the bell peppers(the tops you've cut off)

into the hot oil and stir fry them until they have a bit of colour.

Now add the tomato paste and canned tomato sauce to your vegetables and stir fry again.

After 3-5 minutes add some water and wait until it begins to boil. Reduce the gas/electricity so that your sauce is just simmering.

Go back to your minced meat and bell peppers for their preparations:

Squeeze off the water from the soaked bread and add it to your minced meat, use a big bowl it makes it easier for mixing up the mixture.

I used about 1,5Kg of minced pork&beef.

Season your minced meat with 2 whole eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Now stuff your cleaned bell peppers with this meat mixture and finally put your bell peppers in your pot with the sauce. Don't forget only simmering and cover the pot so the steam inside will help to cook it and all your flavours and taste keep in your food.

After about 1 hour your stuffed bell peppers are ready to serve. We will eat it with some plain boiled rice.

As usual I've made too much minced meat for the stuffing, but no problem.

I've made some burgers and fried them. I like to have them on a sandwich and my wife(Thai) likes them aswell with some nahm pik or whatever.

Here are some pix I took during preparations and cooking, makes it easier for someone who wants to try this recipe.

And don't be scared to "play around" with this recipe: Add additinal favourites into to meat or in the sauce, give your dish a bit of your personal touch and impresses your friends.

IMG_0543.sized.jpg

IMG_0547.sized.jpg

IMG_0550.sized.jpg

IMG_0551.sized.jpg

IMG_0554.sized.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

The final result:

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.sized.jpg

Cooking was not that difficult, but now writing this post editing und uploading pix took 3 times that long.

Gerd

YUM! my mouth is watering!

im moving to phuket next week and will have my very own stove on which to cook! cant wait to try THAT little baby out!

i like the bog standard green curry and spag! easy, delicious!