Wages In Thailand

egeefay

Does anyone know of a source where I can find typical wages for different job catagories in Thailand.

I'm curious what the average salaries are for nurses, grade school teachers, secretaries, policman etc.

They all get 220 baht per day except in Issan where they get 212 baht per day.

Come to think of it I have never seen a secretary in Thailand but they must exist?

Source: http://www.d-trac.org/en/average_thai_wages

Average Thai Wages per Month

This section gives you a list of employment descriptions or positions and their average salary in Thailand. This information is also available in pdf format.

Source: National Statistical Office, First Quarter, 2005

Employment Description or Position Salary in THB

Fishing 2,968

Agriculture, hunting and forestry 3,019

Private households with employed persons 4,068

Construction 4,706

Hotels and restaurants 5,680

Other community and social work 6,311

Manufacturing 6,420

Wholesale and retail trade, repair business 6,760

Mining and quarrying 7,646

Real estate, renting and business activities 9,571

Health and social work 10,804

Public administration and defense 11,375

Transport, storage and communication 11,752

Education 14,883

Electricity, gas and water supply 17,841

Financial intermediation 19,325

Source: Board of Investment

Employment Description or Position Salary in THB

Housekeeper 6,532

Driver 8,528

Office staff 15,222

Public relations staff 16,635

Sales/marketing staff 23,785

Researcher (Thai) 24,722

Engineering 26,051

Executive Secretary 32,296

PC Programmer 22,000-35,000

Web Designer 25,000-35,000

System Analyst 40,000-45,000

Office Manager 47,994

Webmaster 45,000-60,000

Personnel/HRD director 71,222

Plant manager 73,396

###### 90,000-150,000

Source: Board of Investment

Minimum Daily Wage, by Location Salary in THB

Bangkok 170

Phuket 168

Phang Nga 145

Ranong 143

email this page | printer friendly version

Last updated on Thu, 2006-05-04 14:53

I've heard that PPU's are making about 1000 baht AN HOUR!!! :D

PPU= personal pleasure unit :D:o

Is that what the "PPU's" at Jenny's are charging you ? Don't you get a "Frequent Fcuker" discounts ? :D

Let's see. Waitress at Hot Pot restaurant = 180 baht/day (food prep/cook = 200 baht).

Construction labourer = 0 baht (because their employer waits until a couple of days before payday, then calls the immigration police to round up and deport his illegal workforce).

Waitress at Polo Nightclub = 4,500 baht/month + tips.

Dancer at nightclub = 10,000 baht a month (base salary) + tips and "other" income.

Beggar missing one hand in Pattaya = 40-50,000 baht/month (seriously ! I watched this guy get 25 donations into his cup in ONE hour. He was sitting about 5-6 feet away from my table at a restaurant. Of those 25 donors, I only heard coins dropping THREE times ! 22 donors at 20 baht each = 440 baht an hour. Couple hours a day, 30 days a month, it adds up pretty quickly).

After a certain period of time, he moves to a new location (to catch the crowds on their way to work and the punters heading to the bars).

Even if 440 baht was his entire take for the evening, that still works out to over 13,000 per month !

Is that what the "PPU's" at Jenny's are charging you ? Don't you get a "Frequent Fcuker" discounts ? :D

Dancer at nightclub = 10,000 baht a month (base salary) + tips and "other" income.

A contribution from the Pattaya contingent no doubt. :D

Thanks for the good responses. In particular I was interested in finding out what Thai registered nurses make per hour and what premium you might have to pay for a registered nurse who is fluent in English and Thai

Let's see. Waitress at Hot Pot restaurant = 180 baht/day (food prep/cook = 200 baht).

Construction labourer = 0 baht (because their employer waits until a couple of days before payday, then calls the immigration police to round up and deport his illegal workforce).

Beggar missing one hand in Pattaya = 40-50,000 baht/month (seriously ! I watched this guy get 25 donations into his cup in ONE hour. He was sitting about 5-6 feet away from my table at a restaurant. Of those 25 donors, I only heard coins dropping THREE times ! 22 donors at 20 baht each = 440 baht an hour. Couple hours a day, 30 days a month, it adds up pretty quickly).

After a certain period of time, he moves to a new location (to catch the crowds on their way to work and the punters heading to the bars).

Even if 440 baht was his entire take for the evening, that still works out to over 13,000 per month !

The classic i saw a couple of years ago was a young blind guy that was led begging around the bars by an older brother , and then at the end of the night they would go to the Nova Hotel car park and drive home in a late model Mercedes.