Just my 10c's worth ..

13 hours ago, piston broke said:

Considering the vast amounts of Westeners that ride scooters/big bikes....

I am staggered just how poor the posts are on this section ...

it's like the forum equivilant of tumble weed ..

So! Give us something better!!!  😏

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Though I'm driving bikes on and offraod since deacades all over Europe, in Africa, South America and Thailand, my "death wish" did not come true yet. Guess I must make something wrong.

Either you are too good or you just drive too slow.

• Haha 1

I inherited a Honda Wave 100 base from my father-in-law. I liked the machine for it's simplicity. Rarely rode it but it was good to know I could if needed. One day it disappeared. My Mrs told me she'd given it to a couple who 'had nothing'. I was upset at first but accepted their need was greater than mine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I think the reason why the motorcycle subforum has gotten less lively is multi-fold and might depend on an individual readers perspective.

From my point of view there was a time when a lot of regular posters left due to disagreements with moderation (as mentioned). At the same time discussion on TV and then AN changed in various ways. Now there is a lot of political fighting going on. To me it looks like as if that's a big part of the active topics. Then there are the huge number of trolls, sh*tposters, conspiracy theorists and people who seem to have some kind of mental issues. People who post all day, every day. Always the same guys under various accounts. That's of course less the case in the motorcycle subforum but it pollutes for example the right side where it shows active topics.

To have a good productive and friendly plus lively forum is not easy. On the one hand I am discouraged to post because nearly every thread is being invaded by people who actually have zero interest in motorcycles in Thailand and therefor the topic which is just tedious but at the same time heavy moderation of these might also kill interest for others. Look at this thread, there are maybe 2 or 3 posts which I'd consider having some value and being on-topic. The signal to noise ratio is low which makes it less interesting to read and poses a barrier to wanting to positively contribute.

Thailand itself has also changed. The motorcycle market in Thailand has changed. The expats have changed. There is a lot more availability. There are other sources of information. Now there are a lot of Russians and Chinese. I don't see them taking part in this forum in numbers that anywhere reflect the numbers of expats. They have their own communication places.

It's not all bad, this forum still has some good content and posters. I don't know if any change in direction will happen, we'll see. In the end, a forum is what its users make of it. A reflection of its users.

So

many

words ... 

😱.

On 4/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, piston broke said:

I'd agree - i gave up posting eons ago - far to many idjuts for my liking

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure if you think you are a Lawyer, or just placing your case down in the Blue Oyster and expecting a dance...   :whistling:

i won't be fearing the reaper, that's for sure....

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, piston broke said:

Cause their dead. 

On 4/21/2024 at 9:35 AM, The Fugitive said:

I inherited a Honda Wave 100 base from my father-in-law. I liked the machine for it's simplicity. Rarely rode it but it was good to know I could if needed. One day it disappeared. My Mrs told me she'd given it to a couple who 'had nothing'. I was upset at first but accepted their need was greater than mine.

You thought you inherited!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2024 at 10:19 AM, JonnyF said:

So now we have what is left. Generally infrequent, boring talk about whether to buy a Click or a Wave.

Or E-motorcycle vs ICE motorcycle ..

... do you really want to go that far, or need that top end speed :coffee1:

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Or E-motorcycle vs ICE motorcycle ..

... do you really want to go that far, or need that top end speed :coffee1:

I have an E-Mountain bike.

Last electric vehicle I'll be buying.  

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I have an E-Mountain bike.

Last electric vehicle I'll be buying.  

Have an E-bike also, converted Schwinn, but wouldn't let that sway my decision on any other EV.   Though mine is a very good experience, so actually a positive vote for more EVs.

Curious, so just checked, see which influenced which, bike or MB;

... E-MB - Sept 2021

... E-bike conversion - Nov 2021

... MG - Oct 2022