Thai people's quality of life improves, employments increase in Q2: NESDB

webfact

Thai people's quality of life improves, employments increase in Q2: NESDB

BANGKOK, 5 September 2017 (NNT) – The National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) announced the Thai people's quality of life has improved and employments have increased in the second quarter of 2017. 

NESDB Director-General Porametee Vimolsiri said Thailand saw 0.4 percent increase of employment in Q2 2017, mostly in the agricultural sector at 6.3 percent, while the retailing and logistics industries were performing well. The employment in industrial sector, construction, hotels, and restaurants however dropped due to the sluggish expansion of the industry. 

The employment rate of Thai persons in Q2 is at 470,000 persons, or at 1.2 percent, which increased year-on-year, while the household debt index shown signs of continuous decrease due to the new policies to limit the approval of credit cards and personal loans. 

According to the NESDB report, Thai people in overall lives a longer life with better security as the number of criminal cases dropped by 1.8 percent from the pervious quarter. However, the number of influenza patients increased by 31.1 percent year-on-year, and there is also the increase of patients with depression. 

The NESDB has developed the human development index according to the UNDP guideline, from which is is shown that human development in residences and environment has shown the most progress, followed by livelihood of family, transport and communications, while the least developed criteria falls to education. 

The survey also shows that Phuket, Ayutthaya, and Lampoon were the provinces with the best human development, while Mae Hong Son is the worst performing one.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-09-05

is this story contradictory? If household debt is really being reduced and there are more jobs now available, why has the amount of depression cases increased in hospitals?
Surely less debt and more positions available for income would make people happier? Isn't Thailand the happy people country?

35 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

is this story contradictory? If household debt is really being reduced and there are more jobs now available, why has the amount of depression cases increased in hospitals?

More jobs = more people with med insurance = more people receiving treatment for depression.

Really well i tell that to all the men walking around Ubonratchathani doing nothing. I estimate that 40% of all male working population are not working I mean not lying in hammocks and watching wife cook food beside the road. As for quality of life improving yeah i see that to just looking at the people looking through Garbage bins for food Household debt is through the roof because credit is easy to get You dont even need a job to get credit Look at the cars they drive here Top of the range in models Cost over a million Baht to buy these vechicles

9 hours ago, webfact said:

employments have increased in the second quarter of 2017

Suggest NESDB Director-General Porametee Vimolsiri read:

13 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Yet just this morning the BP ran a story reporting that unemployment is up according to the NESDB on account of graduates entering job market.

I must nip around to our local Villagers living in tin huts and 'buildings' made up of a few blocks of some inferior product and tell them how lucky they are that their quality of life has risen so much that it's made National News; i'm sure they will be overjoyed !

13 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Back in Australia a few years the government ran a add on tv for students leaving school to get a trade instead of going to university because the country needed more tradespeople that university graduates. I know kids here having degrees and working in 7/11 They even tell me u need a degree to get a job as a bank teller or airline hostess. I think they have schools here called vocab schools where the students go learn a trade.( Like hairdresser, electrician,chef) Degrees  here are handed like free ice-creams and in most Thai students heads is if they get that degree then you dont have to work hard for the rest of your lives. Jobs will easy to get 

I can say this because my Thai wife would be one of the hardest working Thais i have ever met That is rare  here having a hard working Thai because most are so lazy. She works to get her 2 daughters through university and for what I saw there marks at school that both of them would not even get into university in Australia but one has been accepted at university and her marks there are also so bad there but she will still get her degree and when she finishes she will be in those numbers shown here of 220,000

I think she is like many Thai kids she has found a way to not work and she is 20 and never done a days work in her life. Mum pays for everything and in the end Mum will be let down so badly but that dont matter I just sit in the corner say nothing and watch it all unfold Thai culture i think it is called Thai kids get all and give nothing in return. Till one day i will say enough is enough and tell the wife the truth about her kids and i think they are just dam lazy and should get a job because there marks are so bad and all they are doing is bleeding money off you so they dont have to workand i guess i be back on that plane to Australia which will be my last resort Because in reality to her mother i am second best and always will be to her kids Has anybody else come across this since they moved here? Be interesting to hear your story