Thaksin’s son accuses Prayut of witchhunt

rooster59

Thaksin’s son accuses Prayut of witchhunt

By The Sunday Nation

7fc38052fbf5b0e04a5826a9f934abd1.jpeg

Pinthongta gives moral support to her brother Panthongtae in an Instagram post.

Panthongtae Shinawatra, son of ex-premier Thaksin, has accused Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the National Council of Peace and Order (NCPO) of conducting a witchhunt in the money-laundering case against him involving state-owned Krungthai Bank.

In his September 8 Facebook post, Panthongtae also cited Thaksin’s earlier post alleging that the Thai justice system had been abused by the authorities to prosecute members of the Shinawatra family.

Panthongtae added that leaked documents show Prayut had ordered officials to speed up lawsuits against those charged over the previous Yingluck government’s rice-pledging scheme with no regard to checks-and-balance mechanisms in the justice system.

Unless criminal and other related charges are quickly processed, current officials at key government agencies concerned with these cases will be held responsible, according to Panthongtae, who is also facing a separate criminal investigation into alleged money-laundering in connection with a massive fraud at Krungthai Bank.

Panthongtae said another leaked document shows that a deputy chief of the  Department of Special Investigation (DSI) was recently transferred to the PM’s Office after refusing to file the money-laundering charge against him. This unnamed DSI official told a government ethics committee that he had received an order from his superior to file the charge against the ex-premier’s son but he did not believe that there was anything illegal concerning Panthongtae’s financial transaction.

Panthongtae was earlier named as the person who recieved a Bt10-million cheque from Rachada Krisadathanont of real estate developer Krisada Mahanakorn Group, which was one of the key defendants in the Krungthai Bank fraud case. Several former bank executives and others have already been sentenced by the courts to lengthy jail terms for causing multi-billion-baht damages to the state-owned bank. In his Facebook post, Panthongtae said he was the victim of a witchhunt by the government since other potential suspects who also received large amounts of money in the loan case were not subject to intense scrutiny.

He said the Bt10-million cheque represents only a tiny fraction of the entire amount of the multi-billion-baht fraudulent loans. According to Panthongtae, the money was part of a joint business venture and it had already been returned.

Besides Panthongtae, other persons close to the Shinawatra family were among suspects who received funds in connection with the Krungthai Bank case. 

Viroj Nualkhair, a former chief executive of Krungthai Bank, was among those convicted in this case after the bank’s top management approved the fraudulent loans while Thaksin was prime minister.

Meanwhile, Pinthongta Shinawatra, a daughter of Thaksin and sister of Panthongtae, expressed her moral support to Panthongtae in an Instagram post.

In the latest development, the DSI said it will wrap up the case against Panthongtae within a month and expects to summon the ex-premier’s son for questioning during which he could provide evidence to counter the agency’s money-laundering case.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30326257

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-10

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Unless criminal and other related charges are quickly processed, current officials at key government agencies concerned with these cases will be held responsible, according to Panthongtae

Aren't these exactly the same intimidation tactics daddy deployed in his disgusting "War on Drugs," i.e. ordering police and officials to  make Thailand drug-free within an impossible four weeks lest they be axed? How ironic that Oak now feels he needs to whine like the fragile boy he is, yet he's not once publicly condemned his own dad's actions, which cost the lives of literally thousands of people. It always hurts more when the shoe's on the other foot, isn't that right, Oak?   

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

alleging that the Thai justice system had been abused by the authorities to prosecute members of the Shinawatra family.

The Thai justice system is a highly flexible and abstract construct, which can be double-bend, twisted, interpreted one way and u-turned the other way, without any damage. And that has been amply shown by all governments, including the Shinawatras. To answer Thaksin's and Oak's allegations: So what?

I don't get it Prayut just wanted things to speed up and hold people responsible for not doing their job. We all know how people can hold up investigations (look at red bull case). Its not so strange to think Thaksin has a few people in his pocket to slow things down for him and his family. Prayut is just making sure this does not happen. 

Do wish he had done the same in the red bull case, but a criminal is a criminal and everyone caught is one more. 

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

"Don't You Know Who My Father Is ? !"  ...  erm  :wink:

I'm sure Oak has all the evidence ready for the investigators, that this was all totally above-board, and that he has no real connection with the case.  So no need to worry.

and no doubt he'll say 'it's only 10 million Baht, so it doesn't matter.

13 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

"Don't You Know Who My Father Is ? !"  ...  erm  :wink:

in a way i believe that is what he is saying or perhaps :' do you know who my family is ?'; yes we do, that is why they are being persecuted; interesting playing the victim seems to run in the family; never-mind the wrongs committed; a thai trait it seems

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't get it Prayut just wanted things to speed up and hold people responsible for not doing their job. We all know how people can hold up investigations (look at red bull case). Its not so strange to think Thaksin has a few people in his pocket to slow things down for him and his family. Prayut is just making sure this does not happen. 

Do wish he had done the same in the red bull case, but a criminal is a criminal and everyone caught is one more. 

Choosy about justice aren't you?  read about the 'sedition' prosecutions in the other paper this morning?  your philosophy is :  if it's red 'prosecute' if it's yellow 'mai pen rai'  are you proud of that?

Do wish he had done the same in the red bull case  wow that's harsh   :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Funny first three posts from the yellow lovers all off-topic just making puerile political points as usual.

Yes but look on the positive side. Without......fests like this Kleenex Thailand would go bankrupt and hundreds would be thrown out of work.

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Choosy about justice aren't you?  read about the 'sedition' prosecutions in the other paper this morning?  your philosophy is :  if it's red 'prosecute' if it's yellow 'mai pen rai'  are you proud of that?

Do wish he had done the same in the red bull case  wow that's harsh   :cheesy:

How am I choosy, i have often said I don't support all the junta does. Here I commented on how I feel they should have done the same for the red bull guy and you still see that as one sided.

There is only one blind and that is you.. your only supporting the reds never admitting their faults.

I have often said it takes a goverment change to get cases going and things to court why... because while a goverment is in place they have their people in positions of power that can stall cases or not forward them. Just like how YL used DSI for the Abisith / Suthep case while it was not meant for that and should have gone through an other organisation. 

Maybe after a few years if the reds get back in power can weed out some of the military men they can go after cases they like and protect their own asses again.;

I guess you havent understood this part of politics yet once in power they are almost untouchable when they lose their protection their crimes get exposed. YL... no corruption int he rice program.. what do we see.. huge fake G2G deals costing the country billions by her own highest ministers. But she said she investigated... yea right...

Now Prayut and his chums probably have deep dark secrets and I dislike how his brother and nephew got away with their stuff.. Maybe in the future something can be done.. then I will be cheering. You really don't understand me at all I hate corruption from whomever. Now its just the reds who lost their protection and are being made to pay. 

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So your expecting every post from all posters to quote every (every) past example of everything.

How practical...

I have no idea as to the efficacy of this boy's 'case' and nor do I want to but I'm bored senseless with all the politics involved. Please do not tell me that ANY of it is non-political and I wish posters stopped biting.

Be fair, it is always the yellow side who can't wait to "but... but... Thaksin at EVERY post" 

17 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Funny first three posts from the yellow lovers all off-topic just making puerile political points as usual.

What is political about asking why he and his mother's stooges were paid B36 million by a convicted criminal whose loan application was pushed through by his father, aka defendant #1?

Why do YOU rush to defend those who clearly have a legal question to answer?

Posts have been reported and removed, along with a number of other inflammatory posts.   One person has been suspended and I anticipate that if others do not wish to post in a civil manner and on the topic, they will be joining him.  

You have been warned.  

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I feel like you that the junta is far too harsh with those poorer citizen (i even was for an amnesty of YL for the lower people not the higher ups) , however the Shins and their ilk I have no compassion for they are rich and HISO and can defend themselves and have done the same to others.

Now on the corruption... G2G deals.. can I hear how you feel about that.... still denying it ?

I'd like to but this is off-topic. As to this boy's case I, like you, have no idea but I don't trust the process.

Edited by LannaGuy

1 hour ago, maeab101 said:

I think he got set up.

Yep, set up nicely by dad to the tune of millions, unfortunately not his and has been caught out. Seems this poor little male appendage can't even cheat at uni. without getting caught. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Panthongtae was earlier named as the person who recieved a Bt10-million cheque from Rachada Krisadathanont of real estate developer Krisada Mahanakorn Group, which was one of the key defendants in the Krungthai Bank fraud case. Several former bank executives and others have already been sentenced by the courts to lengthy jail terms for causing multi-billion-baht damages to the state-owned bank. In his Facebook post, Panthongtae said he was the victim of a witchhunt by the government since other potential suspects who also received large amounts of money in the loan case were not subject to intense scrutiny.

So you are guilty and are upset you're being picked on. 

Pathetic, so you are. 

Just now, Artisi said:

Yep, set up nicely by dad to the tune of millions, unfortunately not his and has been caught out. Seems this poor little male appendage can't even cheat at uni. without getting caught. 

Evidence?  or just opinion?  'set up by dad'  probably true but how about add in a few inconsequentials?  like evidence?  links?  argument as to why you think that?  

do you think the 600 million for the land was a 'set up by dad'?  it was claimed to be that right?