Thaksin’s son accuses Prayut of witchhunt

rooster59

Victimization,  call it what U will,  Prayut has relentlessly pursued the Shinawatra family and will continue to do so , he can do what he likes , he's already stated this fact ,  remember that Prayut was a good friend of Yinglucks and the Shin crowd , so much so Yingluck had him appointed Commander in Chief, just the good friend u need,  indeed..............................:coffee1:.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Victimization,  call it what U will,  Prayut has relentlessly pursued the Shinawatra family and will continue to do so , he can do what he likes , he's already stated this fact ,  remember that Prayut was a good friend of Yinglucks and the Shin crowd , so much so Yingluck had him appointed Commander in Chief, just the good friend u need,  indeed..............................:coffee1:.

Don't think he ever was a friend of Yingluck but after his 2010 atrocities, he tried to moderate his profile by the pretentious siding with her. Now his full sneakiness and hypocrisy are displayed full view. He hiding behind his military immunity for all

his unexplained and inappropriate wealth. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't think he ever was a friend of Yingluck but after his 2010 atrocities, he tried to moderate his profile by the pretentious siding with her. Now his full sneakiness and hypocrisy are displayed full view. He hiding behind his military immunity for all

his unexplained and inappropriate wealth. 

Besides your attempt to sidetrack the topic, bringing up the topic of "unexplained and inappropriate wealth" may not be a good idea where a young man is in receipt of B10 million from a convicted criminal, especially when the young man's father is defendant #1 in the crime.

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Please continue with your evidence, or is that a question ?

Isn't changing the law so as not to pay tax on a multi billion Baht deal stealing from the people, or is that ok if you are a lover of Thaksin? 

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Isn't changing the law so as not to pay tax on a multi billion Baht deal stealing from the people, or is that ok if you are a lover of Thaksin? 

Errm hasn't there been 401 new laws?  including immunity for the green shirts?  or is that ok if you are a Junta lover?

Why not stick on-topic?  this is not about Thaksin...  or the 'billion baht deal'  is it?   no!

15 minutes ago, halloween said:

Besides your attempt to sidetrack the topic, bringing up the topic of "unexplained and inappropriate wealth" may not be a good idea where a young man is in receipt of B10 million from a convicted criminal, especially when the young man's father is defendant #1 in the crime.

Must be hard for you to avoid talking about military corruption. Fully understand as all are intimidated or worse exposing them. It is still corruption and when only their political enemies are hounded and targeted with the help of crony corruption agencies and the military gets away; it is not sidetracking but inconvenient truth. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Have a look around the world, this is not old news, this is how the rich, get richer and we all get the picture.

Did you ever get to have a look at the list on the Panama Papers ?

What the Shinawatra's did, is give back to the poor, I suppose to be fair, and pocket some in the process if you believe everything you read.

Ask yourself this, do you ever think the ones in power all around the world do the same, i.e. pocket the people's money, some get caught, others get away with it.

Our Prime Minster in Australia has off shore companies to avoid paying tax in Australia, how do we like that, its legal, that's the key word, and who makes those laws, governments, while we all keep eating grass, hence the reason I decided to retire at 55, depart Australia, invest my whole life savings back into the country and live on my returns, tax free, its legal and what is good for the Goose, is good for the Gander, although I feel for all those tax payers back in Oz, getting ripped and paying tax for the benefit of the politicians who have a separate set of rules, and others on welfare who also scam the system.

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get it Prayut just wanted things to speed up and hold people responsible for not doing their job. We all know how people can hold up investigations (look at red bull case). Its not so strange to think Thaksin has a few people in his pocket to slow things down for him and his family. Prayut is just making sure this does not happen. 

Do wish he had done the same in the red bull case, but a criminal is a criminal and everyone caught is one more. 

Rob, do you not see the damage this type of philosophy causes the country? It decimates any belief in the neutrality of the justice system (if anyone believed it was), or casts doubt on any judgement they give. If they can be influenced to take certain cases quicker, can they be influenced to give judgement one way or another.

Why would anyone (both inside or internationally) have any respect for decisions made by a justice system which shows itself to be open to influence to outside parties, especially in such a divided society as Thailand when one of the key players on one side of the divide is calling the shots. Its just not sustainable.

11 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Rob, do you not see the damage this type of philosophy causes the country? It decimates any belief in the neutrality of the justice system (if anyone believed it was), or casts doubt on any judgement they give. If they can be influenced to take certain cases quicker, can they be influenced to give judgement one way or another.

Why would anyone (both inside or internationally) have any respect for decisions made by a justice system which shows itself to be open to influence to outside parties, especially in such a divided society as Thailand when one of the key players on one side of the divide is calling the shots. Its just not sustainable.

But the system is not neutral, people on both sides have their men in positions to stall stuff and to deflect stuff. Making sure that stuff is not stalled and work is being done as it should is a good thing IMHO. 

Can't you see that every party has always after getting elected put their people in places of power to influence the whole proces of justice and other processes. YL did it the junta does it Thaksin did it a lot they are guilty of the same thing. That is why only during goverment changes will the dirty laundry of the previous ruling party surface.

I prefer a an other system but this is what we have to live with.

Just now, robblok said:

But the system is not neutral, people on both sides have their men in positions to stall stuff and to deflect stuff. Making sure that stuff is not stalled and work is being done as it should is a good thing IMHO. 

Can't you see that every party has always after getting elected put their people in places of power to influence the whole proces of justice and other processes. YL did it the junta does it Thaksin did it a lot they are guilty of the same thing. That is why only during goverment changes will the dirty laundry of the previous ruling party surface.

I prefer a an other system but this is what we have to live with.

Yes they all put their people in position of power, but one PM gets removed from office for doing it.......

It seems like you have accepted that the coup had zero to do with corruption, and was a plain and simple power grab by the military. Scary really how easily fooled some people are, especially as they see themselves as educated and their adversaries stupid buffalo.

The NCPO could grind PTP/Thaksin into the dust if they actually took steps to reform the country as they claimed they would. Instead all they will do is polarise the country further.

Just now, smutcakes said:

Yes they all put their people in position of power, but one PM gets removed from office for doing it.......

It seems like you have accepted that the coup had zero to do with corruption, and was a plain and simple power grab by the military. Scary really how easily fooled some people are, especially as they see themselves as educated and their adversaries stupid buffalo.

The NCPO could grind PTP/Thaksin into the dust if they actually took steps to reform the country as they claimed they would. Instead all they will do is polarise the country further.

So you accept they are all guilty of the same tricks, at first I believed it was about corruption, but after they did not go after their own I did not believe that anymore. I do believe there are firmer rules in place now but a bad thing is that the army  now has taken control for a long time. The good news is that corruption scandals like the fake G2G deals that were denied by YL and her minions were finally proven to be fake and people were punished. This would not have happened if they still had the protection they enjoyed before. There are many cases they would have gotten away with.

It seems many on your side would accept that they can get away with such things just because they are voted in. Just accepting the voting was just one part of democracy but after that no more democracy just putting people in places of power so they could get away with the things they wanted (not how a real democracy works). Now the junta took over and punished REAL corruption (unfortunately not their own brother of prayut and his nephew). Your now complaining there is no democracy but before there was half a democracy that allowed them to get away with everything. 

So whatever side you dislike the least (i doubt either of us likes our side), they are both non democratic and put people in power to try to get away with stuff. 

I am dissapointed in the junta but at the same time happy that big cases like the rice scam got punished. What I would have preferred would be a neutral judiciary that goes after whoever does something wrong and not one that can be influenced (by either side). Do i see it happening.. no because YL did the same stuff and now the junta does the same stuff... and whoever gets in power next if they dislodge the army will do the same stuff. They are all in it for the money. Best we can hope is that some of the crimes like the fake G2G deals get punished. 

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

There are ways and means to influence. Ignoring the law to put your BIL in office as CoP so that he could refuse to protect protesters is one way.

Don't let that stop your 'poor little Yingluk, she was persecuted' claim.

As for the topic, is prosecuting a fairly clear case of receiving proceeds of crime persecution or not? Or are you from the "don't prosecute our criminals" school of reconciliation?

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yep, that recent popularity poll which Thaksin won by an overwhelming margin to claim 'most popular PM in the last 15 years' must have really got to him. 

He's a dangerous sociopath is our resident frog-toucher.

Thaksin gone, Yingluck gone... let's now go after the son seems to be the consensus in Thai language media. This isn't going to win Prayuth any more popularity, that's for sure. What is left is ebbing away. 

His problem is that his government is illegitimate and any prosecution of Thaksin's son Oak, however valid, and regardless of the evidence, will always be tarnished. Just as in the cases of the siblings before him.

Criminals that have given themselves immunity going after other criminals. 

.......who failed to get their immunity. tough TIT.

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The system would work fine if the military would stop intervening.

If the military was under full civilian control as it should be in any civilised nation then governments would be chosen by the people.

Once the people have had enough, they choose another government.

See how that works? Easy. 

And don't give me that "Thais aren't ready" nonsense racist crap, I've heard enough of that rubbish to last a lifetime.

That would not work.. because that is the Shin way.. the judiciary should punish corruption and politicians a (and of course the army) should not be able to put people in positions to influence stuff.

You can't have it half way.. just waiting for people to get voted away while in the meanwhile their crimes go unpunished as long as they share the loot with the people. Sorry.. that is not good for the real taxpayers.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

So you accept they are all guilty of the same tricks, at first I believed it was about corruption, but after they did not go after their own I did not believe that anymore. I do believe there are firmer rules in place now but a bad thing is that the army  now has taken control for a long time. The good news is that corruption scandals like the fake G2G deals that were denied by YL and her minions were finally proven to be fake and people were punished. This would not have happened if they still had the protection they enjoyed before. There are many cases they would have gotten away with.

It seems many on your side would accept that they can get away with such things just because they are voted in. Just accepting the voting was just one part of democracy but after that no more democracy just putting people in places of power so they could get away with the things they wanted (not how a real democracy works). Now the junta took over and punished REAL corruption (unfortunately not their own brother of prayut and his nephew). Your now complaining there is no democracy but before there was half a democracy that allowed them to get away with everything. 

So whatever side you dislike the least (i doubt either of us likes our side), they are both non democratic and put people in power to try to get away with stuff. 

I am dissapointed in the junta but at the same time happy that big cases like the rice scam got punished. What I would have preferred would be a neutral judiciary that goes after whoever does something wrong and not one that can be influenced (by either side). Do i see it happening.. no because YL did the same stuff and now the junta does the same stuff... and whoever gets in power next if they dislodge the army will do the same stuff. They are all in it for the money. Best we can hope is that some of the crimes like the fake G2G deals get punished. 

The only way the country can proceed and improve is allowing democracy to develop. Corrupt parties and politicians would eventually get voted out and prosecuted when they overstep the line, and over time elected parties would find it necessary to behave more and more virtuously as the system developed. 

Having the military portray themselves as some kind of neutral overlord, who themselves are racked in all the ills of society engineer 20 odd coups to 'fix' things is just lunacy. Obviously Democracy is the last thing that the military want to take hold, as if it did, it would significantly reduce their power/income, and shockingly could actually make them answerable to someone.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

That would not work.. because that is the Shin way.. the judiciary should punish corruption and politicians a (and of course the army) should not be able to put people in positions to influence stuff.

You can't have it half way.. just waiting for people to get voted away while in the meanwhile their crimes go unpunished as long as they share the loot with the people. Sorry.. that is not good for the real taxpayers.

They sure as hell would get voted out. What is not good for the taxpayers is the military. There largesse and excesses make the rice scheme losses pale into insignificance, but obviously no oversight or scrutiny allowed there.

So your solution is for the military to come in and reset the cycle for the 20th time, whilst making no reform or attempt to alter the system. What do they say about repeating the same mistakes over and over?

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The only way the country can proceed and improve is allowing democracy to develop. Corrupt parties and politicians would eventually get voted out and prosecuted when they overstep the line, and over time elected parties would find it necessary to behave more and more virtuously as the system developed. 

Having the military portray themselves as some kind of neutral overlord, who themselves are racked in all the ills of society engineer 20 odd coups to 'fix' things is just lunacy. Obviously Democracy is the last thing that the military want to take hold, as if it did, it would significantly reduce their power/income, and shockingly could actually make them answerable to someone.

I disagree with you, as long as the Shins pay enough of their theft to the people of the north (who don't pay that much tax and therefor are not bothered with that it gets stolen) they stay in power no matter how corrupt they are. While the people in BKK who pay for it all are a minority and can't do a thing. Sorry not the way to go. Just look at how much tax BKK generates and how little the north does. Then it stands to reason as long as you give them a big enough share of the pie they will keep voting them in. Your example would work if everyone paid the same amount of tax.

59 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Have a look around the world, this is not old news, this is how the rich, get richer and we all get the picture.

Did you ever get to have a look at the list on the Panama Papers ?

What the Shinawatra's did, is give back to the poor, I suppose to be fair, and pocket some in the process if you believe everything you read.

Ask yourself this, do you ever think the ones in power all around the world do the same, i.e. pocket the people's money, some get caught, others get away with it.

Our Prime Minster in Australia has off shore companies to avoid paying tax in Australia, how do we like that, its legal, that's the key word, and who makes those laws, governments, while we all keep eating grass, hence the reason I decided to retire at 55, depart Australia, invest my whole life savings back into the country and live on my returns, tax free, its legal and what is good for the Goose, is good for the Gander, although I feel for all those tax payers back in Oz, getting ripped and paying tax for the benefit of the politicians who have a separate set of rules, and others on welfare who also scam the system.

"What the Shinawatra's did, is give back to the poor, I suppose to be fair, and pocket some in the process if you believe everything you read."

Thaksin realized he could use taxpayers money to buy votes, while in the past MP's used their own,that's why so much money (not his)went

into Issan,win there and you are guaranteed to win the election,as at the time had the most seats,not sure he was thinking only of the poor,

Then began the rise of populist policies,resulting in massive losses,due to the failed rice scheme,with losses still mounting in fees for 

storing  of the rice,Millers and Godown owners did very well ,Farmers not so much as they are still in massive debt.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

The Thai justice system is a highly flexible and abstract construct, which can be double-bend, twisted, interpreted one way and u-turned the other way, without any damage. And that has been amply shown by all governments, including the Shinawatras. To answer Thaksin's and Oak's allegations: So what?

Your byline at bottom, is so often reflected in your posts... thanks... love it ?

Just now, robblok said:

I disagree with you, as long as the Shins pay enough of their theft to the people of the north (who don't pay that much tax and therefor are not bothered with that it gets stolen) they stay in power no matter how corrupt they are. While the people in BKK who pay for it all are a minority and can't do a thing. Sorry not the way to go. Just look at how much tax BKK generates and how little the north does. Then it stands to reason as long as you give them a big enough share of the pie they will keep voting them in. Your example would work if everyone paid the same amount of tax.

So Thailand is unique among 200 odd countries? In your view tax should only be allocated region to region based on how much each region brings in? Good luck running a country on that philosophy. Your attitude is frightening. Who drives taxis, works in shops, restaurants, drive trains, clean roads, builds roads, buildings etc etc etc

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"What the Shinawatra's did, is give back to the poor, I suppose to be fair, and pocket some in the process if you believe everything you read."

Thaksin realized he could use taxpayers money to buy votes, while in the past MP's used their own,that's why so much money (not his)went

into Issan,win there and you are guaranteed to win the election,as at the time had the most seats,not sure he was thinking only of the poor,

Then began the rise of populist policies,resulting in massive losses,due to the failed rice scheme,with losses still mounting in fees for 

storing  of the rice,Millers and Godown owners did very well ,Farmers not so much as they are still in massive debt.

regards worgeordie

Politicians always "buy" votes

sometimes it's up front money.... sometimes it's via pre election promises... whatever

any politician deliberately targeting a specific area, that will give them a win, is a smart politician... a smart politician should lead the nation.

that said... a smart government will have (responsible) checks and balances. (This excludes coups)