Should I have filed a new TM-30 after re-entry?

7 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I thought the house owner has to submit the TM 30 with a copy of their tabien barn and ID card.

Yes but the lines are blured. Some do and know about it. Some know about it but choose not to bother.

Some have no idea about it.

As its usualy you the lease holder dealing with Immigration for extensions ect ect. Its easier for them to fine you for the landlord not doing it.

As possesor of the Condo/house you rent you are allowed to do the TM 30 which is prefrable to the fine. As long as the landlord coughs up his ID / tabien photo copies its easy. (Unless this has now changed and a lease is ok) If like mine many years ago he wouldnt give me copies and wouldnt do the TM30. I had a simple solution I Moved.

A few years ago If you had proffered a TM30 to do an extension or 90 day report at Chiang Mai Immigration

it would have been refused or you'd been told "not needed." That is the problem with suddenly enforcing an 

old law without a warning period. Everyone who had business with CM immigration was guilty of a 1600

baht offense, unless a brand-new arrival. Must have added up to quite a stack hope it is going to 

someplace worthy like the new building fund. 

A nice little earner.

Some other provinces appear to be catching on.:whistling: