Justice is for all, rich or poor, says Prayut

webfact

Justice is for all, rich or poor, says Prayut

By The Nation

510b6caa9def3867512a935d36fa329a.jpg

File photo: Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed that justice is a crucial part of human rights protection, saying that everyone must go through the process equally and face the consequences if they are found guilty of wrongdoing, regardless of their social status.

The premier was speaking at the Human Rights for Thailand 4.0 event on Monday organised by the Justice Ministry.

He said the government pays attention to human rights protection and instructs investigations into allegations concerning the issue. However, these allegations need to be delicately handled when it comes to the performance of state officials. The bottom line lies with the law and whether it has been violated, he said. 

People, he said, should learn about the law and how it affects their lives. The law will ultimately help protect everyone and ensure equal access to resources, Prayut said. 

“It’s not that the poor commit wrongdoings and they will definitely go to jail, while the rich will not. The fact is that the rich have often fled the scene, and that’s why we see that they don’t go to jail. It’s not a problem with the justice system.

“The law is not there to bully anyone. If one commits wrongdoings, he or she must go through it and fight for justice,” said Prayut.

Although he said he was not talking about any particular case, his comments appeared to be a reference to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who fled the country before the verdict reading in the negligence case regarding her government’s rice-pledging scheme.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326386

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-11

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a country with lese-majeste laws and defamation laws where reporting the truth can be illegal if you have the money to prosecute.

There are countless cases where this idea of justice for all can be dispelled very quickly. Only problem is - you could probably be jailed for dispelling it. 

The fact the mushroom pickers got 15 years and Jenphop got a suspended sentence simply proves how ridiculous your assertions are.

And that is before a list of other glaring examples to the contrary are wheeled out.

The guy is a true clown ?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed that justice is a crucial part of human rights protection, saying that everyone must go through the process equally and face the consequences if they are found guilty of wrongdoing, regardless of their social status.

Yeah, right...

"Justice for all' - gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling to Thai peoples. What he didn't say, is that which is important. Justice is delivered VERY SELECTIVELY! Everyone knows that and the PM turns a blind eye to it! With enough money you can buy the "justice" to which you feel entitled. The poor and those from other countries get the rough end of the stick. Yup, that's 'justice for all'! :post-4641-1156693976:

Materials from his moronic and comical qoutes are building up fast. Add this latest to his infamous list: -

"I am a democratic soldier and will stay because I want Democracy to survive"

"We'll probably have to kill journalists who don't report the truth"

"Let me ask you how are you going to survive wearing a bikini in Thailand unless you're ugly"

"Go sell rubber in Mars"

"If there's less water, grow crickets and earthworms to sell"

"bemoans divisive soap and offer to write"

There are more like throwing banana skin at a cameraman and pulling the ear and ruffling the hair of a reporter plus the twerk remark.....

This guy is all laugh a minute clown but some here love him.:sleepy:

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Materials from his moronic and comical qoutes are building up fast. Add this latest to his infamous list: -

"I am a democratic soldier and will stay because I want Democracy to survive"

"We'll probably have to kill journalists who don't report the truth"

"Let me ask you how are you going to survive wearing a bikini in Thailand unless you're ugly"

"Go sell rubber in Mars"

"If there's less water, grow crickets and earthworms to sell"

"bemoans divisive soap and offer to write"

There are more like throwing banana skin at a cameraman and pulling the ear and ruffling the hair of a reporter plus the twerk remark.....

This guy is all laugh a minute clown but some here love him.:sleepy:

Add to that the "you didnt ask me if I was tired " and " Im so over Yingluck" comments

6 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Add to that the "you didnt ask me if I was tired " and " Im so over Yingluck" comments

And how did I miss this gem of a nugget "Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It is now the duty of the army to take over". 

Yeah, where to start with this one?

People, he said, should learn about the law and how it affects their lives. The law will ultimately help protect everyone and ensure equal access to resources, Prayut said. 

Actually I've done just that. What I've found out is there are no special laws for motorcycle riders. The laws that have not changed since year 2522 or 1979 says nothing about motorcycles being required to stay on the left of the road at all times. There is no law that distinguishes or separates motorcycles from any other vehicles.

This is a lie fabricated by the police for purposes of writing tickets because, and I've never heard of this in any country other than Thailand, they get a commission. Charging people or rather extorting money from motorcyclists for doing something that is considered safe driving in developed countries, or actually every other country in the world, except Thailand is nothing short of criminal, stupid and the death toll proves it.

The fact of the matter is, the law allows motorcyclists to drive safely on Thai roads, it's the police that make it prohibitive to drive safely for fear of it costing money.

“The law is not there to bully anyone. If one commits wrongdoings, he or she must go through it and fight for justice,” said Prayut.

It's not the law that is there to bully anyone, it's the police. Why has Thailand never climbed above being the most dangerous roads in the world? Afghanistan is considered worse, but that doesn't count for obvious reasons. The police are more of a mafia organization which for some reason is accepted by the public that extortion is just a part of life here, especially at the end of a month. Police don't get paid much therefore they "have to" extort money from the poorest of the drivers , the motorcyclists, with a fake law that they are not allowed to drive safely.

My advice to motorcyclists out there to memorize sections 33, 34 and 35 as well as 44 and 45. If stopped, asked for a witness policeman to verify the fake charges. I also want to know why police can refuse to show their ID.

When the commissions for tickets ludicrousness stops, I'll bet anything the death toll on the Thailand's roads goes down.