Supporters Hope Yingluck Silently Biding Time

snoop1130

14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That will piss Prayut off no end. Thaksin is gone, Yingluck is gone, but big chunks of the population look forward to them coming back to take power once more. Now more than ever, I bet he wished he had won the popularity poll published earlier this week. All of his efforts look to be coming to nothing in the long run. And House Shinawatra will rise again. This saga is more intriguing than Game of Thrones!

Like the coming of the Messiah.

All seeming to forget both messiahs left the building and their underlings to accept the results of their doings.

Maybe big groups of the population see them as Messiah, but I guess a bigger group see them for what they really are.

12 minutes ago, hansnl said:

All seeming to forget both messiahs left the building and their underlings to accept the results of their doings.

Maybe big groups of the population see them as Messiah, but I guess a bigger group see them for what they really are.

Really very intriguing as the polls and election pundits seem not to forget them. I guess the bigger group has seen the malice of the junta and expressed their feelings in the polls and election prediction.  

17 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Just a thought, did anyone think to check the lady's toilets at the courthouse?  Yingluck might be waiting for someone to open the door for her.

maybe she forgot to press the elevator button to go down. At siam paragon.And is still there!

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

That will piss Prayut off no end. Thaksin is gone, Yingluck is gone, but big chunks of the population look forward to them coming back to take power once more. Now more than ever, I bet he wished he had won the popularity poll published earlier this week. All of his efforts look to be coming to nothing in the long run. And House Shinawatra will rise again. This saga is more intriguing than Game of Thrones!

One guy comes up with the idea of flogging clocks with Yingluck's photo on. And you interpret that as a big chunk of the population? Right to.

Wonder if those nice kids ever got and are still using the tablets that were "just like Yingluck's"

16 hours ago, binjalin said:

I seriously doubt that Yingluck's popularity will wilt. You might think it would and those that proffer the 'she ran' approach will want you to think that but the Thais I know thinks she was smart to leave as she was going down big time by the Junta courts. It ain't over until it's over. Doubt the Shinawatras will ever get power back but they are seen as bright lights by most ordinary Thais.

Thaksin's era is seen as bountiful and happier and Yinglucks as dogged by the elite and crushed by them as yet another coup came along to frustrate the will of the people. Most think, believe, hope that one day this will change. 

Interesting how different perceptions can be. Not wrong, perceptions are never wrong only different.

Most Thais I know don't see her as smart. Just following the normal prescribed route for the super rich. If finally cornered and it's looking to heavy then run off. Plenty have done it before and likely plenty will follow. Most also see the Shiniwattra family for what they are. They see a corrupt family that became to open "in-your face" and greedy with their corruption. The straw that broke the camel's back was the whitewash for Thaksin. That turned many off them for good. It was too much, too far and many saw that Thaksin was trying to get back and put himself in a similar position to Hun Sen or Mugabe - where winning "elections", whatever it takes, keeps you in power.

However,  these same people all do wish and hope that things change. But none of them know where the changes will come from. 

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

One guy comes up with the idea of flogging clocks with Yingluck's photo on. And you interpret that as a big chunk of the population? Right to.

Wonder if those nice kids ever got and are still using the tablets that were "just like Yingluck's"

They were supposed to be Apple Ipads. But then  Thaksin got a deal on cheap China,  Android knockoffs.

2 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

They were supposed to be Apple Ipads. But then  Thaksin got a deal on cheap China,  Android knockoffs.

She certainly held up her Apple ipad when she promised every child would get one free. I don't know who did the deal but one order was placed with a Chinese manufacturer who had never made them before! 

Not the best procurement decision!!

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

She certainly held up her Apple ipad when she promised every child would get one free. I don't know who did the deal but one order was placed with a Chinese manufacturer who had never made them before! 

Not the best procurement decision!!

Thaksin got a good kickback on them. They lasted about one week.

38 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A fact.

The King's flag is in yellow, the color of Monday, the day of his birth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_the_day_in_Thailand

Yes i know that but didn't know the yellow-shirt monday is still practised while we have a new King.

Normally my wife also wears yellow on monday but since the previous King passed away she didn't do so, i thought bright colored shirts are not done since he passed away for one year.

18 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't get it, why are they all wearing yellow shirts?

Because they knew people were gonna read the article on a Monday, and Monday is Moon Day, and the moon is yellow; even though the photo was originally posted on Friday 8 September, Venus Day, light blue; or maybe they're budding hipsters, and were being ironic; or maybe the only smart shirt they've got is yellow; or maybe ... .

50 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yes i know that but didn't know the yellow-shirt monday is still practised while we have a new King.

Normally my wife also wears yellow on monday but since the previous King passed away she didn't do so, i thought bright colored shirts are not done since he passed away for one year.

H.M. King Vajiralongkorn was also born on a Monday, July 28th 1952, so his colour is also yellow, as well as his flag.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

H.M. King Vajiralongkorn was also born on a Monday, July 28th 1952, so his colour is also yellow, as well as his flag.

I see, didn't know that.

But i haven't seen any yellow shirt in BKK since King Bhumibol passed away. Not even an ignorant farang wearing one.

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

You guess wrong , very wrong !