Paying electric bill online?

Inquisitorial

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have tried everything with the Kbank online app. Tried scanning. PEA is not listed as a utility. How do you do it?

Besides paying from my bank app (MEA), I also use the CounterServicePay app (it's in the Google Playstore, don't know if it's available for iPhone), which does have both the mea and pea and also for the water both in and outside Bangkok area. You can pay with a credit card through that app and even get a 10 baht coupon for 7-11. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, Pib said:

Only one bill I can not pay via ibanking and that is my Bangkok Metropolitan Water Authority (BWA) water bill

They have an app where you can pay by card. The two issues are 1. It's all in Thai, and 2. When you add a meter to the app you need a Thai ID number.

Other than that it works great.

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

They have an app where you can pay by card. The two issues are 1. It's all in Thai, and 2. When you add a meter to the app you need a Thai ID number.

Other than that it works great.

As I already wrote use the CounterServicePay app. Can pay electric and water bill both metro and rural and the app is in Thai and English..Pay with your cc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cheops said:

As I already wrote use the CounterServicePay app. Can pay electric and water bill both metro and rural and the app is in Thai and English..Pay with your cc.

Not available for iPhone.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not available for iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/counter-service-pay/id1187794445

Seems to be available for iPhone, but with a rating of 1.4 ...

As somebody mentioned already on page one, with True Money you can also pay these bills if it's not working with the online banking of your bank. But afaik you need to have a Thai ID number to sign up for True Money and the app is only available in Thai

Edited by jackdd

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/counter-service-pay/id1187794445

Seems to be available for iPhone, but with a rating of 1.4 ...

As somebody mentioned already on page one, with True Money you can also pay these bills if it's not working with the online banking of your bank. But afaik you need to have a Thai ID number to sign up for True Money and the app is only available in Thai

Only available for a thai based apple account. Bizarre. 

I have the MEA "smart life" app (should be called "dumb life.")

I can view my electric bill each month, but I can't pay it insofar as these boneheads haven't figured out how to process international credit card payments.

I wish all the other utility and telecom companies in Thailand would talk to DTAC and ask how DTAC was able to figure this out. Paying my phone bill with my U.S. credit card each month is as easy as falling out of bed.

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2018 at 5:55 AM, Brew said:

How did you manage to register your MPay app?

I recall doing so a year or two back, but now when attempting to open Mpay it is again asking me to register and is only coming up with an option to register as a Thai citizen.  It looks like farang can't use Mpay unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:45 AM, Tuatara said:

How did you manage to register your MPay app?

I recall doing so a year or two back, but now when attempting to open Mpay it is again asking me to register and is only coming up with an option to register as a Thai citizen.  It looks like farang can't use Mpay unfortunately.

I registered years ago, no Problem as a foreigner

If it's no more possible you could try Rabbit LINE Pay through LINE Messenger - or maybe your banking app of a Thai bank

Edited by Brew

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, murraynz said:

i didnt want to have my power cut off, paying re-connection fee..if i happened to be overses when the bill came in...

you can simpyl transfer 20k THB to them and then have a credit there. big electricity consumers even need to make a deposit based on average 6 months usage (200k+ a month).

If you're absent for a long time, just deposit a bit and problem solved.

On 6/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, Cheops said:

Besides paying from my bank app (MEA), I also use the CounterServicePay app (it's in the Google Playstore, don't know if it's available for iPhone), which does have both the mea and pea and also for the water both in and outside Bangkok area. You can pay with a credit card through that app and even get a 10 baht coupon for 7-11. Hope this helps. 

Never heard of CounterServicePay app. How safe and legit is this company/app? Do they accept international credit cards? Do they charge us any extra fees to pay bills using that app?

Edited by bbi1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Never heard of CounterServicePay app. How safe and legit is this company/app? Do they accept international credit cards? Do they charge us any extra fees to pay bills using that app?

I don't know if it's legit, but it seems to be ok. I didn't have any problems with it for the last 1.5 year that I use it. I assume you do know that CounterService is a nationwide payment service in Thailand with thousands of payment points? 

I use a Thai cc, so I don't know if a foreign cc would work. 

After the payment they always send a confirmation email in Thai and English.

The app itself gets a lot of negative reviews on Google's app store, but I have to say that the app itself has indeed not the best gui, but it gets the job done to pay for water and elec.

Happy to report that MEA finally got their shit together and entered the 21st Century. I've been using their iOS app to pay my bill for the past few months - and they even offer a payment channel that accepts international credit cards.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, bbi1 said:

I've been using the CounterService Pay@All payment channel included with MEA's "Smart Life" iOS app. No fees and international CCs are accepted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Happy to report that MEA finally got their shit together and entered the 21st Century. I've been using their iOS app to pay my bill for the past few months - and they even offer a payment channel that accepts international credit cards.

Does the MEA app charge extra for using international credit cards?

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Does the MEA app charge extra for using international credit cards?

No.

Also, you get the true international exchange rate, and, in my case, my card-issuing bank doesn't hit me with any foreign transaction fees. 

I'm a happy camper.

• 3 weeks later...

Having read the previous comments, I downloaded the MEA App and followed the instructions to register my meter.

It took about a minute and I could then pay my bill online, with ZERO fee, using my UK Mastercard. (I use Monzo, so no transaction fees and the mastercard spot rate)

I received confirmation by email instantly.

Another happy camper !

I use the MyAiS app on Android which has links in a sub menu to all the utilities, including topping up the highway EasyPass. Internet, phone, water, electric, all in one app.

I enter my virtual Kasikorn credit card number each time as I don’t trust any app that saves card numbers. MyAIS uses verified by visa/ two factor and I get an sms/text from the bank for every transaction. Electric and water still mail a paper receipt, unfortunately.

I had the Kasikorn app when it was new and still buggy so I deleted it. Call center couldn’t help. I like Kasikorn online banking, but not by phone.

Lord, I was born a ramblin’ ma-a-n...

????

6 minutes ago, Kwarium said:

I use the MyAiS app on Android which has links in a sub menu to all the utilities, including topping up the highway EasyPass. Internet, phone, water, electric, all in one app.

I enter my virtual Kasikorn credit card number each time as I don’t trust any app that saves card numbers. MyAIS uses verified by visa/ two factor and I get an sms/text from the bank for every transaction. Electric and water still mail a paper receipt, unfortunately.

I had the Kasikorn app when it was new and still buggy so I deleted it. Call center couldn’t help. I like Kasikorn online banking, but not by phone.

Lord, I was born a ramblin’ ma-a-n...

????

The Kasikorn app works great and never was buggy on my phone for several years already (SS S4 and now a SS J7 pro). Has fingerprint login and you can use it to withdraw money from an ATM without using your ATM card, which is more safe (since your card can't be skimmed).

• Like 1