Russian man arrested for violent rampage in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its such a pity some of the friendliness and relaxed attitude of thai people doesnt rub off onto the russians--most other holiday people are relaxed when they come here....the russians are sooo rude,unfriendly and aggressive...why not leave that attitude at your airport,when leaving----

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a very peculiar relationship with most Russians. I know some of the younger ones are more urbane, and more conscious about acting like decent human beings. But most are incredibly cold and distant, and many are very hostile. I think it has alot to do with their Cossack background, and the Stalinist influences. Apparently, from what I have read about Russian history, there was a long period where people were discouraged from being kind or polite to their neighbors. It was considered improper to express kindness to strangers. How to interpret Stalinist principles? You would have to be a madman to understand them. 

My guess is that it is hard to unlearn decades of cultural brainwashing. 

Lastly, there is no upside to fighting with a Thai. If you win, you lose. If you lose, you lose. There is no winning! So, just avoid that kind of nonsensical behavior. Of course those of us with common sense do exactly that. Avoid these situations. The others, well this is just not so.

This is a very superficial view. The same, if you think that every American is a cowboy, everyone in England eats only porridge, every German is a brewer.
The difference between the cultures is. For example, we decided not to greet strangers. I got myself in confusion on Smilansky Islands, a Frenchman from a neighbouring Bungalow greeted me, and I didn't realize.
But, about Stalin, now long forgotten. At all other times. Stalin is iron order. And we have managed to survive, after those times, a decade of anarchy

7 hours ago, All right said:

This is a very superficial view. The same, if you think that every American is a cowboy, everyone in England eats only porridge, every German is a brewer.
The difference between the cultures is. For example, we decided not to greet strangers. I got myself in confusion on Smilansky Islands, a Frenchman from a neighbouring Bungalow greeted me, and I didn't realize.
But, about Stalin, now long forgotten. At all other times. Stalin is iron order. And we have managed to survive, after those times, a decade of anarchy

It's the Scots who are known for eating porridge, we English prefer a more refined, gentile start to the day.

Scots over eight years old usually eat it with Tennants Super Strength lager, younger ones stick to Irn Bru.

But this was an interesting insight from you, I take it you've since learned to welcome strangers as friends that you've not met before?

Breakfast.jpg

porridge.jpg

Tennants.jpg

It's the Scots who are known for eating porridge, we English prefer a more refined, gentile start to the day.

Scots over eight years old usually eat it with Tennants Super Strength lager, younger ones stick to Irn Bru

The stereotype about the porridge of this movie. Yes, a lot of stereotypes about us too)))))

But this was an interesting insight from you, I take it you've since learned to welcome strangers as friends that you've not met before?

In Russia, 50 on 50. Abroad trying. Habit is a strong thing)).     

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

....and on another note, I just checked out Yekaterinburg on Google, some of the sights there look

Thank you.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:35 AM, All right said:

As I said previously, many of the younger Russians I meet are friendlier, and more sophisticated than many of the older ones. There are always exceptions. But, the number of Russians I have encountered over the past decade who were friendly, or at least decent or civil when greeted by a stranger, asked for directions, or spoken to by a stranger I can count on one hand. I am thrilled to hear that Stalin is long forgotten. Always best to put a rat in the past. Always best to leave behind utter nonsense, and the philosophy of homicidal maniacs.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I said previously, many of the younger Russians I meet are friendlier, and more sophisticated than many of the older ones. There are always exceptions. But, the number of Russians I have encountered over the past decade who were friendly, or at least decent or civil when greeted by a stranger, asked for directions, or spoken to by a stranger I can count on one hand

When I head to that area for a weekend, I stay at a family friendly, slightly more expensive hotel in Jomtien that caters to Eastern Europeans and the Russkies I meet there are delightful, family centric people.  

I'd take them in preference any day to the hard guy tourists from the former commonwealth that stay in the 500 baht rooms with hot and cold running sheets.  They can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that they don't have to fight for dibs on the women like they do back home.  As if it works there, either.

Edited by impulse

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I said previously, many of the younger Russians I meet are friendlier

So. But, first, 25 - 30 years ago we were taught in talk show on the radio that here's a look at Western people. They are always smiling, telling: "I'm not dangerous." And you frown, thus saying, "don't come, I'm dangerous." It is not correct. It was a simpler time. The youth learned the "science". Secondly, the country experienced the "madness" of the English language. It was the fashion. Consequently, young just can speak English. And third, because of the Internet, to some extent, blurred the boundaries between people. Imagine, for those who welcome to play on the network with the same in other countries. they have produced their own subculture, etc .

On 9/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, johng said:

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear

Just <deleted>  fold under pressure

Edited by Media1