Bank letter for fixed account

Hello, 

next month I go to the immigration for my extension ( visa O-A ), this year I have a fixed account for more than three months ( 800000 bahts );

I have also a saving account, ( I 'll take it with me , too, to the immigration ) : for the letter from the bank ( SCB ), do I need also a letter for the saving account, and is it necessary that the bank says that I can take money from the fixed account if necessary ( I have heard that immigration accepts fixed account if  withdrawal is possible ) ; 4 months ago, my immigration told me I can have a fixed account, but did not speak of this story of withdrawal, but you know, in Thailand, one day they say yes, the day after they say no, depending of the person in front of you 

Because it's a fixed account, I don't think I have to put or withdrawal money the day of  the bank letter ;  am I right ? 

thanks a lot for your response 

The bank will issue a letter stating the amount in your fixed account.

You will probably find that you will have to make a small deposit and update the bank book on the day you apply.

I know I had to.

Edited by Phuket Man

Immigration will accept a fixed term account if it allows immediate withdrawal with no penalty other than loss of interest.

All you need is a letter from the bank for the fixed term account. You bank book will need to updated at the same time. But some offices want it updated on the date you apply for the extension. Most banks can do a forced update of a fixed term account bank book.

• 1 month later...

I came to immigration this afternoon and SCB bank this morning ( immigration Prachinburi)

this morning, I asked my bank to update my fixed account, I was ready to put  some  money , but she refused, saying it's a fixed account, and next update  is in two  months ( but she wrote something in thai on the letter , maybe to explain it )

this afternoon,  I showed all my papers and they did the extension even if my book is not updated today 

On 15.9.2017 at 10:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

Most banks can do a forced update of a fixed term account bank book.

Just my SCB branch is not capable (or they are clueless).

That seems consistent with previous post.

Bangkok Bank can do a "no transaction update".