Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes...working much better now (2:05pm)....hopefully the patch fixed things and this is just not one of those pre-patch periods where TV worked normally for a few hours and then had a mood swing & slide back into extreme slowness.

It is up and down for me, was super slow this morning, probably as slow as it has ever been, then TD applied the patch and it came good, around 2pm it slowed down again, though not quite as bad as the morning, but definitely slower, right now it is somewhere between post patch and 2pm.

Something causing it for sure.

Site seems to have deep underlying problems that aren't being fixed despite numerous updates etc

I really think its time to get someone in who can redo,it seems the site is being poked and prodded but the the end result is always the same .

Maybe time to start from the beginning

10 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes if you would like to go and work for invision it would be great as I'd have someone else to complain too as well. I know of 5 other forums running with the same issues as ourselves. They are getting no where same as us :(

TD

Fact- TVF used to work perfectly, but then, several "updates" and loads of the things we are not allowed to discuss later, it's been slow, and getting slower for well over a year.

Perhaps it's just too big with too many of the things we are not allowed to discuss to work as well as it used to.

I suggested before splitting it into "essential" and "social gossip and chit chat" forums before. What about that?

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes if you would like to go and work for invision it would be great as I'd have someone else to complain too as well. I know of 5 other forums running with the same issues as ourselves. They are getting no where same as us :(

TD

Are they all Thai forums?

This site has never been fast but today it is indeed astoundingly slow. To the point of being more or less unusable. And that's with all superfluous images and extras turned off.

Has the site management ever considered employing a real professional to sort it out for them?  By real professional I mean someone who actually has a proper paid job in a first-world country? (And before anyone asks: no, I dont need the work and I'm not available and you cant afford me anyway.)

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

I know of one other Thai forum running Invision that is working just fine.

Interesting, as I know of 5, 2 have been down for 2 weeks and one is limping along like us.

And I am working in a first world company. Please keep your comments constructive, especially if you are as experienced and all knowing as you say.

TD

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

This site has never been fast but today it is indeed astoundingly slow. To the point of being more or less unusable.

And just a few hours later it seems to be working very well. What's going on?

5 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Interesting, as I know of 5, 2 have been down for 2 weeks and one is limping along like us.

The one that seems to be fine whenever I look at it (not that I look very often) has "addicts" in its name. I dont look at any others.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Normal speed here , as yesterday . But I am not online in the early mornings , maybe better in the evenings local Thai time? 

Yes beacuse they stop playing with it night times.

Archived