Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What were you trying to do when you got it.

I have only seen it once and that was when I clicked on a notification for somebody reacting to one of my posts.

I also got it for first time this morning (early about 0500 so obviously nonsense).  It was also on notifications (which has been a bit shaky - often spinning circle until try again - last several days).

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I also got it for first time this morning (early about 0500 so obviously nonsense).  It was also on notifications (which has been a bit shaky - often spinning circle until try again - last several days).

Yes, the pages in general are opening up reasonably fast, whereas notifications can be painfully slow opening.

15 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Yes, the pages in general are opening up reasonably fast, whereas notifications can be painfully slow opening.

It was real slow on opening notifications but is better now after I cleared the unknown number pages of them I had. I could not remember the last time I cleared them.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What were you trying to do when you got it.

I have only seen it once and that was when I clicked on a notification for somebody reacting to one of my posts.

I was trying to load the visa sub-forum (the sub-forum home page).

When this failed I tried the forum home page but that failed too.

It all worked again after 30 minutes.

Last night I got that error screen again , "Too many connections" .  

I could not load any pages for around 30 minutes, it's a daily occurrence now and I'm starting to hate it.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Really? mine is like grease lightening now

TD

Mine isn't. Performance is exactly the same as it was last week and the week before and the year before that. I've been using same computer on the same server for 5 months.

Despite having "remember me" ticked, I keep getting dropped and having to sign on again. Used to happen once or twice a month, but now it's once or twice a session.

I only ever had "greased lightning" performance on TVF, in Auckland NZ, and I assumed they have super duper servers there or something like that. On every other server, computer I've used it's been average to slow for many years, not just recently, and I've been on in different countries in the past few years.

In London, 8 years ago, it was excellent, but the entire site was different back then. Something been added or changed has impacted the ability of TVF to function on the average computer on the servers I've been using.

I had a discussion about it being slow about 2 or 3 years ago, and it never got much better.

3 hours ago, balo said:

Last night I got that error screen again , "Too many connections" .  

I could not load any pages for around 30 minutes, it's a daily occurrence now and I'm starting to hate it.  

That happened to me, but I assumed it was the building wifi, as it was everything, not just TVF.

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Just changed last of the performance tweaks. Sorry for the delay we moved servers and had to optimize load and speed.

TD

3:25pm, Thursday, in sunny Isan, but that's all that's sunny. The TVF reaction speed is barely better, if that, since last week's traffic jams.

5 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

weird as i can post and reply fast from here.....

What errors are you getting any?

TD

At the mo no errors, but takes ages to look at stuff when l click on it, mainly my notifications, plus when l post a reply it takes ages...TVF is the only place l have a problem that l read...You  must admit that this has been going on for a long time....Second rate forums using a third party provider have no problems at all...

It is taking average of 10 seconds to load new forum topics and still have several seconds or more of wait on any notification check (although yesterday clearing helped to allow getting information much faster - am sure most of us never clear).  So yes forum usable but far from fast.  When I can load Bangkok servers 5x or more faster than TV (using a Singapore VPN) something is not right - even TMD is faster.

17 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

Just everything deadly slow, often with total freeze-ups of a few seconds, before the snail crawls to the next page.

24 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

I don't get too many errors, whatever you mean by that.

OK, whenever I do anything on any page it takes time whenever I press "enter" for anything to happen, because I can see everything loading on the page, one after the other. Loading usually happens instantaneously on other web sites.

So, after I finish typing a reply, I press enter, it takes a few seconds before anything happens, then the page loads up again, bit by bit, which takes more seconds, then because I might want to return to the post that I was replying to to continue with the posts after that one, it takes more seconds to get back as the page takes it's time to reload after I click on the page number. Just moving up and down on the page is as fast as I need it to be, but it's whenever I try to implement anything that requires "enter" that the delays kick in. If I was only answering one or two posts in a half hour stay on TVF it wouldn't matter, but over a couple of hours it all adds up to a significant amount of time that I can't do anything. It's not like it takes so long I can go off and make lunch while waiting, but watching a screen loading slowly, every time, is frustrating.

Within a category, the response time between threads is not too bad, but if I want to change from say "In your face" to the Pattaya subforum, it takes an annoying while to load up the new category page. If I want to change from the Pattaya subforum to the Chiang Mai subforum, it doesn't take so long.

While I'm on here, next time they redo the site, can they make the different categories headline only. If I want to post on the Farang Pub and I was on Thailand News, it takes a while to scroll through every sub forum title. If I want to post on the marriage forum, I should be able to go to the section titled marriage and open that to see the different subforums within that category. I hope you understand what I mean.

It's only because there are so many different categories now.

It certainly isn't that fast right now, though nowhere near as slow as it was a week ago, since the 'upgrade' notifications are slow, I took Ubonjoe's advice yesterday and cleared my notifications yesterday and it made no difference at all.

BTW TD, that is some impressive reputation you have, nearly 2,150,000......... amazing!

21 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

Any more of these protests and I'll stage a TVF military takeover . . . Nerds Complain for Performance Overhaul

TD, please take notice of guys that are no problem to TVF, we genuinely are trying to help out with honesty...If I spotted anything that wasn't I would post the fact....TVF is a problem daily...

As you know l read and post a lot, head scratching is why l have no hair...classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.5fb5f9a392798b0df57975b57efaf1e4.gif

1 minute ago, Tech Doctor said:

yeah taking notice but trying to find a way to troubleshoot the issues as i dont see issues at the moment with speed.

notifications are slower than they should i agree. loading pages is fast.

TD

Try posting....Post on Word association....Or click on your notifications, select one, click on it....

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

yeah taking notice but trying to find a way to troubleshoot the issues as i dont see issues at the moment with speed.

notifications are slower than they should i agree. loading pages is fast.

TD

If that includes flipping from one page to an earlier or later one on a particular thread, you have to be jesting . . . similar delays and freeze-ups there to the notification hiccups, IMHO

4 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Ossy yes page reloads and also from one page to next it is fast.

Before last weekend slow, but now I can load pages fine.

Notifications take 3 seconds to load so ill investigate that further.

TD

Do you have some super speed computer thingy.....?

Edit.....Now that post took about 40 seconds to show....

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you have some super speed computer thingy.....?

Edit.....Now that post took about 40 seconds to show....

Shucks, why didn't I realise it earlier . . . we've all been infected by ThaiVisatation, created by TD so slow down traffic from all us Word-Association freaks and Last Day on Earth type news from Govt. House addicts. This could be serious . . . quick, Robin . . . pass me that mozzy spray . . . that might sort it.

Archived