Fake 1000 baht notes: Pattaya police arrest three eastern Europeans

webfact

3 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I was right when I said they are most likely not Arabs as some idiots described them.I was right when I said most likely east Europeans.So many idiots around....? 

Of course you were right. And don't call them East Europeans. Just call them Europeans. Nobody makes a distinction when it comes to Africans or Arabs. These fellas are Europeans. 

7 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Dumb.

1,000 notes always attact attention. I have lost count of the times when presenting a 1,000 note Thai's do not have the change for it, and usually end up running around to their mates gathering up the change therefore bringing ubwanted attention and more than likely scrutinising the 1,000 note. A clever approach would have been to replicate 500 or even 100 notes.

You just can't buy common sense.

Pure simple mathematics, it cost +/_ the same price to make a fake 1000 bth note as a 100 bth note, but it's worth 10 times more ... greed is stronger than the clever approach !!!

Edited by off road pat

23 hours ago, johng said:

Shame the report doesn't tell how to identify these fake notes except for "irregularities in the serial numbers"

The Thai numbers do not match the Arabic (western) numbers. I do not know what the Thai numbers look like so this is of no help to me.

On 19/9/2560 at 9:31 AM, lonewolf99 said:

These are  just criminals who have picked a country where they can easily make, produce and use the local currency.

I'm not sure I would say 'easily'. The 1000 Baht notes are not paper. Not east to replicate.

Edited by owl sees all

On 19/09/2017 at 3:06 AM, Mickmouse1 said:

I was right when I said they are most likely not Arabs as some idiots described them.I was right when I said most likely east Europeans.So many idiots around....? 

Kazakhstan  is near enough to Arabs abd the others two are probably Chechens...Black Russians...but well done anyway..you seem to know your crime scum.

Kazakhs Arabs ???   They are mostly descended from Mongols but somewhere along the Silk route they ended up being Muslims and the vast majority are non practicing, especially the younger generation.

Before you ask ? I've spent 6 years there. They do have a few bad eggs that are inclined to try scams abroad and these are not the first to do so in LoS.

Squeeze them hard until they talk about where and how they got the 1,000s notes.  I am pretty sure the would be scared of talking as the eastern mafias and their contacts can be pretty nasty and may even know of their families back home.  But I say give it a try and let the crooks decide if they want to spend miserable months or years in a Thai prison or jail instead

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:48 AM, johng said:

59c21d3a7d28b_tmp_11740-thainumbers-776874385.jpg.60f833c55aafead7ed95148d2ea03f9a.jpg

Yeah, when I first visited Thailand I taught myself basic counting and numbers, then when I got to the money bills I saw the script characters for numbers and was really worried.  Luckily one side of the bills have the numeric.  Less for my small brain to ave to learn and memorize

Another good job by the local police .  In an earlier thread some posters suggested the police were a part of the criminal gang .

People should shut their mouths and let the police do their job . 

On 19/09/2017 at 2:45 AM, SpeakeasyThai said:

A clever approach would have been to replicate 500 or even 100 notes.

A much more clever approach would simply be honest, don't you think?

A note to the judge who deals with these people, lock them away in the Bangkok Hilton for 20 years, because their dishonesty reflects on all of us. It is very easy for foreigners to be tarred with the same brush in this country, no matter how honest we are.