US pedophile fugitive and English teacher arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

Small update on this. Things have been quiet while they have been confirming his identity with US authorities, with him being held in custody pending extradition. It's taken quite long because he has no valid identification, so charging him here is not easy.

An update from the US is that he faked his death through suicide by staging it as though he jumped off a bridge. He left behind a suicide note admitting his crimes and that he couldn't live with them, along with personal identification documents. Ofcourse no body was ever found.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

count me out

me as well, his public participation and need for recognition in this matter leave me suspecting his motive are definitely not altruistic.

i find him unsavory and want nothing to do with him.

he could have been equally effective without the grandstanding.

2 hours ago, Darron said:

Small update on this. Things have been quiet while they have been confirming his identity with US authorities, with him being held in custody pending extradition. It's taken quite long because he has no valid identification, so charging him here is not easy.

An update from the US is that he faked his death through suicide by staging it as though he jumped off a bridge. He left behind a suicide note admitting his crimes and that he couldn't live with them, along with personal identification documents. Ofcourse no body was ever found.

.........waits for defeedme to say his girlfriend stole his id and  wrote the note. 

5 hours ago, transam said:

You stated all American women were guilty, then you said well maybe 50% were..You seem to be a bit confused ol' chap about guilt and innocence unless it suits you.. ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.c358aaf52d18db39f1c9656091bd9a87.png

And then has to make his point twice in one post! :-

"you need to be proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt by a jury of your peers. "innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law by a jury of one’s peers.”

5 hours ago, defeedme said:

yea I'm sure the Cambodian Press is a very reliable news source lol.

As he was in Cambodia, I would ASSUME (sorry, wrong word), I would SAY that being on site, the Cambodian press would be the first to know?

P.S. up to 80 posts on one thread and no one seems to agree with your sentiments - strange huh?

P.P.S. D**n! - I fed you again!

Edited by sambum

Totally agree innocent until proven guilty but skipping and going as far as faking death does not happen in most cases and I'd be interested to learn of similar cases where such incidents happened and the suspect was found not guilty. 

In the eyes of a jury/judge the innocent until proven guilt concept will hard to adopt given his actions. All perfectly normal trains of thought.

I thought he was accused of raping a 6 year old boy? 

"My lawyer he has the proof, you know, when they look at the girl down there. Make sure, she never been touched, you know, no rape"

"A convicted felon Hall is wanted in Alabama for the rape of a 6 year old boy, other sexual molestation charges"

Or is this just one of his "other sexual molestation charges?

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I thought he was accused of raping a 6 year old boy? 

"My lawyer he has the proof, you know, when they look at the girl down there. Make sure, she never been touched, you know, no rape"

"A convicted felon Hall is wanted in Alabama for the rape of a 6 year old boy, other sexual molestation charges"

Or is this just one of his "other sexual molestation charges?

I have never heard of a charges against him for raping a six year old boy (other than in this article). I know he has two cases of aggravated child abuse against him for hitting boys (one 6 and the other 8) in separate instances. The main charges he fled was for first degree rape and first degree sodomy against his then girlfriend's 5 year old daughter. He was also accused of molesting a neighbors 6 year old daughter, but I'm not sure if he was charged for it.

11 minutes ago, Darron said:

I have never heard of a charges against him for raping a six year old boy (other than in this article). I know he has two cases of aggravated child abuse against him for hitting boys (one 6 and the other 8) in separate instances. The main charges he fled was for first degree rape and first degree sodomy against his then girlfriend's 5 year old daughter. He was also accused of molesting a neighbors 6 year old daughter, but I'm not sure if he was charged for it.

From the Samui Times:-

"A convicted felon Hall is wanted in Alabama for the rape of a 6 year old boy, other sexual molestation charges, giving false information to get a passport and identity theft".

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

From the Samui Times:-

"A convicted felon Hall is wanted in Alabama for the rape of a 6 year old boy, other sexual molestation charges, giving false information to get a passport and identity theft".

I know it appears in a few articles. Maybe they have other sources of information.

I'm just saying that it's not something I knew about before.

I tried to download Jackson Matthew Hall's criminal history Yesterday, I ticked and checked the boxes, took 30 minutes, then on the last page it said can we have your credit card details. It was a scam site. I opened my email and found I got maleware. I had to download Malwarebytes to fix my computer. A cautionary tale. All that glitters is not gold.

Oh my, Glitter and Jackson Matthew Hall in the same paragraph. Thank god my kid has grown up now, what a world we live in.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

58 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

DIfficult to keep up with this guys convictions.

Can someone list them with a date?

HIt boy 6

HIt boy 8

FIrst degree rape girl 5

Molesting girl 6

Rape 6 boy

Indecent exposure women

Etc... with the date

It's confusing otherwise.

I agree. It's likely the rape boy 6 is being conflated with the rape girl 5, someone suggested confusion might've been caused by the sodomy charge. I haven't seen a source for the molesting girl 6 but apparently no charge was brought. All the rest have solid sources.

Official Record

February 2011 - Indecent Exposure

May 2014 - Aggravated Child Abuse

November 2014 - First Degree Rape and First Degree Sodomy

April 2015 - Indecent Exposure

June 2015 - Aggravated Child Abuse

November 2015 - Theft of a Motor Vehicle

Other Mentions

February 2014 - Accused of molesting his son's friend. Complaint filed, but not charged.

July 2015 - Resisting arrest (not charged at the time, but charges will be added)

More charges will be filed on arrival back in the US. Including Identity Theft and Immigration Violations.

7 hours ago, Darron said:

I know it appears in a few articles. Maybe they have other sources of information.

I'm just saying that it's not something I knew about before.

OK - Fair enough - but it seems  that going by previous behaviour patterns it seems  that this is an individual that should have been apprehended long before he was employed as a teacher in Thailand!

2 hours ago, defeedme said:

I'm not defending him, but I bet most on here thinks this guy is worse than Stephen Craig Paddock ? Now there's a guy all resources should have been used to hunt down. lol bring on the trolls.

No need, the first troll has already posted a pathetic request to bring on the trolls. Weak as piss comment. 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, JRUSA said:

Just curious, what the record for longest thread on a subject that one person is the sole source of doubt. Also the record for repeating the same crap over and over and over..

Many people like that feeling of superiority with self-righteousness. Some have to wait until the lowest of the low comes along to get it. Even the perverts in Pattaya and elsewhere can point their finger at a paedo.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:18 AM, Artisi said:

No need, the first troll has already posted a pathetic request to bring on the trolls. Weak as piss comment. 

from the lack of responses it appears finally people understand the difference between this clown and a real bad guy. troll on.

• 2 weeks later...

He is back in the US, according to a source he arrived on the 18th of October with US marshals, and is being held in Clayton County prison. He tried to apply for bail, but it was refused. Now justice will take its course and all's well that ends well.

This chap is obviously a long term criminal predator. Good job from the Police as Thailand should not cater anymore to all the global criminal scum on the run.

He would have deserved a full board in a nice seedy Thai Jail before getting back his change in a high security US federal lockup with lots of other bodybuilt tatooed nasties looking for fresh companionship !!

9 hours ago, Darron said:

Now justice will take its course and all's well that ends well.

Great news indeed. He will not be back , he will  stay in prison for a very long time. 

Edited by balo

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 3:52 PM, defeedme said:

so what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? how do we know this guy was not setup by his american girlfriend? seems like alot of effort to find and arrest someone who didn't even kill someone. Let's pool all our resources into finding the real criminals: terrorists and murderers, there's plenty out there!

You gotta be kidding, or did you forget your meds again, son?

"seems like alot of effort to find and arrest someone who didn't even kill someone"

Who didn't even kill someone? Now you're making me really chai roon. Can you even imagine what a 6 year old boy went through when this prikc raped him?

Edited by jenny2017