Sky high electric bill

soistalker

1 hour ago, tlock said:

as many have said get the unit cleaned.  after about 3-4 months without a cleaning our electric bill starts to gradually climb with the same usage as the unit becomes less efficient.    

Please can someone recommend someone who can clean an A/C and do a COMPETENT job.

5 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Guess you really didn't think about it.....He lives in a condo ..where's he going to put the panels, the inverter, and the storage batteries.....AND cost is way more than 200+k

I meant for me. Yes I realised he lived in a condo. If you had thought about it you would know that the Thai Electricity board doesn't allow systems with storage batteries only a simple grid-tie to offset your power bill. And it doesn't cost way more than 200k to install enough panels to offset a small bill.

6 hours ago, Pdaz said:

I meant for me. Yes I realised he lived in a condo. If you had thought about it you would know that the Thai Electricity board doesn't allow systems with storage batteries only a simple grid-tie to offset your power bill. And it doesn't cost way more than 200k to install enough panels to offset a small bill.

Well if you only want to power a few lights I guess your right:shock1: BUT an aircon, refrigerator and few other appliances....Don't know where you come up with your figures but picking them out of thin air :post-4641-1156693976:

I must be the odd one out because i don't find the temps here a problem (except maybe April/May). My condo doesn't face the sun so never seems to get that hot. I only use the AC for an hour or so in the bedroom before i go to sleep. My 100sqm condo electric bill is @ 800 baht/month.

3 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Well if you only want to power a few lights I guess your right:shock1: BUT an aircon, refrigerator and few other appliances....Don't know where you come up with your figures but picking them out of thin air :post-4641-1156693976:

It seems you are technically challenged ? I'm not talking about an off-grid solution. Simple solar systems that generate power and are tied into the electrical grid offset your household power usage - Depending on the amount of panels they will either reduce your bill or offset it completely.

Plenty of info in the electrical forum.

Certainly not pulling figures out of thin air. Solar systems are becoming cheaper. 200K+ is realistic.

16 hours ago, soistalker said:

Please can someone recommend someone who can clean an A/C and do a COMPETENT job.

If you look up previous threads you will find a number of recs and also negatives for the same people.

I am still using PK Air - khun Pittaya on 0813449052.

If using a lot it is normal to clean every six months and normal cost seems to run in the 400-600 baht range.  That is for pressure wash of both inside and out units.  You should also be cleaning the filters at least every other week yourself.  The cleaning is to get the dirt that goes through and gets between the cooling fins (and there can be a lot of it).

But seriously - with unit set in the 17-20c range expect cleaning may only help to lower the temperature - it is still going to be expensive keeping those temps.

51 minutes ago, soistalker said:

How is your experience with them? How are they? What's it cost to clean an air conditioner?

If it was bad I would not be still using them.........however as with many Thai tradespeople I find at least a watching brief is required. Also depends if he comes himself or which of his crew turn up.

Their standard charge is 400 baht per A/C - or was a couple of months ago.

Edited by topt

I pay only 900 baht and I live in the same size condo in Naklua.

A/C is only on at night and temp is set to 27 degrees. 

I use a lot of electricity , fan , computers, TV , kitchen etc and still under 1000 baht .