Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You kind of deserve it. Denial isn't pretty.

I wrote. "What they do?  Who did it?  How much did they spend?  What effect did it have? 

There was no attack only your ideas of an attack.  Of course I could be wrong. 

Who, what and how much and what effect did it have.  No one ever answers these questions because the answers would make CNN look silly.  Now let me predict you will mock me instead of answering my legitimate questions.  Right?

You wrote, "You kind of deserve it. Denial isn't pretty."

I really like being right again.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Slip said:

Be patient.  One Mr Mueller is investigating just those issues as we speak.

I'm a patient guy.  Mueller is fishing not investigating.  Trump will fire him and then get in hot water for firing him and not for any of the Russian stuff.  Clinton didn't get Impeached for getting a BJ he got Impeached for lying about it.  That's how they will take down Trump. 

1 hour ago, iReason said:

That's awfully impetuous and impolite.

Is this better for you?

I got your impetuous, hanging.

“Enough is enough. It’s time for these million dollar snowflakes to stop disrespecting the Men-Women -Dogs that signed a blank check for them to act like this,” the restaurant wrote on Facebook.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/restaurants-boycotting-nfl-refusing-show-171359662.html

2 minutes ago, amvet said:

I'm a patient guy.  Mueller is fishing not investigating.  Trump will fire him and then get in hot water for firing him and not for any of the Russian stuff.  Clinton didn't get Impeached for getting a BJ he got Impeached for lying about it.  That's how they will take down Trump. 

You can't possibly know that Mueller is fishing, or what will happen in the future, so this is pure conjecture on your part.   It looks to me like the investigations are getting more focussed not less.

And please give up with the butbutbuts.  You may think it's clever to try and obfuscate by dropping it in, but we see through it.

5 minutes ago, amvet said:

If a person doesn't want Trump investigated for any law-breaking, then that same person will try to denigrate Mueller.   Overall, I like Mueller and his team and what they're doing. His team members are highly respected experts.   I'm a bit worried that Mueller will put the brakes on parts of the investigation, if he thinks it strays from the Russian issue.   Instead, I'd like to see Mueller follow all leads, and uncover all law-breaking by Trump and his cohorts.

1 minute ago, Slip said:

You can't possibly know that Mueller is fishing, or what will happen in the future, so this is pure conjecture on your part.   It looks to me like the investigations are getting more focussed not less.

And please give up with the butbutbuts.  You may think it's clever to try and obfuscate by dropping it in, but we see through it.

Why else is he requesting IRS records?  Do you think spies working in Russia pay American

Taxes?  He is getting IRS info so he can go back 10 years and threaten someone to give him something damaging about Trump.  He will never get anything about the election and Russia because they didn't spend enough to make it credible so He'll have to go after something else they we all don't know about yet.  That is why he is fishing with the IRS. 

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

If a person doesn't want Trump investigated for any law-breaking, then that same person will try to denigrate Mueller.   Overall, I like Mueller and his team and what they're doing. His team members are highly respected experts.   I'm a bit worried that Mueller will put the brakes on parts of the investigation, if he thinks it strays from the Russian issue.   Instead, I'd like to see Mueller follow all leads, and uncover all law-breaking by Trump and his cohorts.

I agree with you.  There is no credible Russian story so he'll have to go after something else as he is doing now by getting records from the IRS.

It's about as "clever" as the latest trumpist party line from Fox News.

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

Why else is he requesting IRS records?  Do you think spies working in Russia pay American

Taxes?  He is getting IRS info so he can go back 10 years and threaten someone to give him something damaging about Trump.  He will never get anything about the election and Russia because they didn't spend enough to make it credible so He'll have to go after something else they we all don't know about yet.  That is why he is fishing with the IRS. 

Sorry, I know you won't like the source, but it was the first that came up in a quick search-

After several months of being at odds, one source said, the IRS Criminal Investigation division is now sharing information about campaign associates, including Manafort and former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/special-counsel-irs-russia-probe-information-sharing/index.html

He is investigating several Trump insiders (with good reason imo) and the IRS involvement is as a direct result of that.  Those insiders are the ones with unwholesome connections to Russia.  If you were a victim of crime, and in the course of the investigation of that crime it came to light that the perps had committed other crimes affecting you, would you be so keen to dismiss the investigation of those crimes as 'a fishing expedition?' Surely not.

And in answer to your question about Russian spies paying American taxes, I'm sure that Manafort and flynn do their best not to, but they are presumably not entirely stupid.  Oh wait, scratch that.  Add in Kushner and the little Trumps too.

Edited by Slip
errant gerund

20 minutes ago, Slip said:

Sorry, I know you won't like the source, but it was the first that came up in a quick search-

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/special-counsel-irs-russia-probe-information-sharing/index.html

He is investigating several Trump insiders (with good reason imo) and the IRS involvement is as a direct result of that.  Those insiders are the ones with unwholesome connections to Russia.  If you were a victim of crime, and in the course of the investigation of that crime it came to light that the perps had committed other crimes affecting you, would you be so keen to dismiss the investigation of those crimes as 'a fishing expedition?' Surely not.

And in answer to your question about Russian spies paying American taxes, I'm sure that Manafort and flynn do their best not to, but they are presumably not entirely stupid.  Oh wait, scratch that.  Add in Kushner and the little Trumps too.

And of course, if there was no suspect connection between Trump and the Russians, why was he so upset about it? Why did he want to block it?

31 minutes ago, amvet said:

Just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

And today's installment of trying to derail the thread with meaningless, gibberish irrelevant to the topic.

Are you going to attempt to top your bizarre assertions of yesterday? :

Your unsubstantiated claims as the reasons for the protesters kneeling in silence :

"scapegoatscoups, to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary, 

firm statement about not liking democracy, and Black people are opportunistic"

Which went off on rambling diatribes about Nazis, embargoes, the invasion of Poland, the of start WWII, The War Production Board, Pearl Harbor, Japan, and War.

And your still unexplained scenario that you presented as fact?

You claim you heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to" that they had said:

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

BTW, do you believe the above "interview" "quotes" are not racist?

1 hour ago, amvet said:

I agree with you.  There is no credible Russian story so he'll have to go after something else as he is doing now by getting records from the IRS.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Three Americans with significant Russian business connections contributed almost $2 million to political funds controlled by Donald Trump, ABC News has learned.

A review of Trump campaign records conducted by the Center for Responsive Politics for ABC News found large contributions coming from two émigrés born in the former Soviet Union

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/investigators-follow-flow-money-trump-wealthy-donors-russian/story?id=50100024

Edited by Slip

8 hours ago, iReason said:

Just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

And today's installment of trying to derail the thread with meaningless, gibberish irrelevant to the topic.

Are you going to attempt to top your bizarre assertions of yesterday? :

Your unsubstantiated claims as the reasons for the protesters kneeling in silence :

"scapegoatscoups, to show disrespect to the electoral process that got Trump elected and not Hillary, 

firm statement about not liking democracy, and Black people are opportunistic"

Which went off on rambling diatribes about Nazis, embargoes, the invasion of Poland, the of start WWII, The War Production Board, Pearl Harbor, Japan, and War.

And your still unexplained scenario that you presented as fact?

You claim you heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to" that they had said:

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

BTW, do you believe the above "interview" "quotes" are not racist?

They were from white players

9 hours ago, Slip said:

What is an " unwholesome connections." How many years back should we go?  Stalin and WWII?

1 minute ago, Credo said:

How about just as far back as the statutes on limitation go?

Nice idea and that is I'm sure what the FBI wants but the investigation is about the last election.  How many people does Trump know that have cheated on their taxes is one question but not part of the current Russian investigation.  Like I said, I think they will get Trump for something, anything, but not anything do do with Russia and the last Presidential election.

25 minutes ago, amvet said:

Nice idea and that is I'm sure what the FBI wants but the investigation is about the last election.  How many people does Trump know that have cheated on their taxes is one question but not part of the current Russian investigation.  Like I said, I think they will get Trump for something, anything, but not anything do do with Russia and the last Presidential election.

The Special Investigator has a great deal of latitude in what he investigates.   He will look into any suspicious activity, just as Bill Clinton was investigated for White Water and ended up getting into trouble for something completely different. 

So, we don't necessarily even know for sure what he is investigating.    

Edited by Credo

11 hours ago, amvet said:

Now let me predict you will mock me instead of answering my legitimate questions.  Right?

You wrote, "You kind of deserve it. Denial isn't pretty."

I really like being right again.

Speaking of "mocking," how do you feel about Trump "mocking" an American war hero?

[Trump is not a patriot. He is a coward who potentially colluded with a hostile foreign power to win a presidential election. No person should physically mock a vet who sacrificed their body for our nation. It is unfathomable that the Commander in Chief would mock John McCain.]

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/27/vets-blast-trump-disrespecting-veterans-physically-mocking-john-mccain.html

Are you really an American vet?  Sure don't sound like it.

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of "mocking," how do you feel about Trump "mocking" an American war hero?

[Trump is not a patriot. He is a coward who potentially colluded with a hostile foreign power to win a presidential election. No person should physically mock a vet who sacrificed their body for our nation. It is unfathomable that the Commander in Chief would mock John McCain.]

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/27/vets-blast-trump-disrespecting-veterans-physically-mocking-john-mccain.html

Are you really an American vet?  Sure don't sound like it.

Your referenced source (website) lacks credibility, and the quoted statement reflects irrational, unwarranted and overly intense dislike of the current CIC.

Edited by Ramen087

5 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Your referenced source (website) lacks credibility, and the quoted statement reflects irrational, unwarranted and overly intense dislike of the current CIC.

Donald Trump under fire for reportedly physically mocking John McCain, who suffered injuries when held as prisoner of war in Vietnam

John McCain’s daughter has criticised Donald Trump amid allegations that the President has taken to physically mocking her father, who is stricken with cancer and suffered life-long injuries as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

Mr Trump has reportedly been imitating the thumbs down motion made by Mr McCain, a Republican Senator for Arizona, when he cast a no vote for his party’s bill to repeal Obamacare in July...

They are bearing the brunt of his ire at a time when the President’s attempts to repeal Obamacare have failed, his chosen candidate suffered an embarrassing defeat in a party run-off in Alabama on Tuesday and he was criticised for focussing on American football while people in Puerto Rico were struggling in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/28/donald-trump-fire-reportedly-physically-mocking-john-mccain/

9 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

He is not the CIC of the vast majority of Americans. This is a typical of the militaristic anti-constitutional mindset of the right wing.

Edited by ilostmypassword

23 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

That wasn't what the president was doing. Sorry for the inaccurate prose in my previous post. I see it differently looking at the video. Your hate of Mr. Trump? Yeah, you definitely have an intense , irrational view of him that clouds your viewpoint; it has a major impact on the resulting conclusions you make about the man.