Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

The man-child and occupier of the White House now in his bully pulpit, tries to avenge his rejection:

Donald Trump’s NFL war follows a history of rejection

FOR 30 years, Donald Trump was denied entry to an exclusive billionaires’ club.

"A story that not many people would know about the president is that he has tried, and failed, many times in the past to join the elusive ranks of NFL owners."

"His desire to join the NFL began in the early 1980s with the now defunct United States Football League, a competition that originally ran during the NFL’s off-season."

"NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle couldn’t have been any more unequivocal in his stance on the high-flying businessman, telling Trump at a meeting in New York in 1984: “You will never be an owner in the NFL. As long as I’m affiliated with the NFL or my family is affiliated with the NFL, you will never have a team in the NFL.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/donald-trumps-nfl-war-follows-a-history-of-rejection/news-story/e9bf44842790199a81d83f99675bbe25

"While others may be able to let your insensitive and denigrating comments pass, I no longer will"

(Traits the occupier of the White House holds to this very day)

Read on for a scathing commentary directed at the inept one:

And a grand example of the occupier's business acumen:

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

First you claim 'bogus' now 'innocent until proven guilty'. Which of the 2, make up your mind please.

The same.  In America we have a strong presumption of innocence even so far as saying beyond a reasonable doubt.  Bogus is a good word unless one can prove allegations.  See, it's like this in America.  If you can't prove it it's not enough for CNN to talk about proving it every night.  No matter how many time they keep bringing up the same old stories about actually proving it someday - someday never comes. 

29 minutes ago, iReason said:

Along with your insulting response to the athletes, just another pitiful deflection.

Still waiting for substantiation to your claim that you personally heard in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to".

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

Why would you wait for me to give you anything?  That's just silly.  I wouldn't even give you the time of day.  No one is forcing you to read anything I write. 

1 minute ago, amvet said:

The same.  In America we have a strong presumption of innocence even so far as saying beyond a reasonable doubt.  Bogus is a good word unless one can prove allegations.  See, it's like this in America.  If you can't prove it it's not enough for CNN to talk about proving it every night.  No matter how many time they keep bringing up the same old stories about actually proving it someday - someday never comes. 

You're blatantly twisting reality. An investigation is IN PROGRESS. You're not so dumb that you don't understand that. 

1 hour ago, iReason said:

More deflections.

No one is forcing you to write erroneous balderdash are they?

Yet you do.

And I am calling you out on your fabricated "quotes".

:coffee1:

Why should anyone give you the time of day on anything else you say,

when you simply concoct scenarios that never happened?

And state them as fact on a open forum.

In a different sport, would this be: game, set & match?

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Good post. The hypocrisy of the Right is astounding regards "Free Speech". Another article, IMO, that does a good job of presenting the issues at hand...

The Supreme Court’s words have a profound cultural meaning that resonates far beyond the letter of the law. The government cannot force a man to violate his conscience. Nor should it try to bully powerful, private entities into doing what the state cannot legally accomplish. Private corporations should think twice before using their own economic and cultural power to enforce conformity, even if they are legally empowered to censor their employees. Again, the cure for bad speech is better speech, and free speech cannot flourish in the midst of a culture of censorship.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451877/standing-national-anthem-voluntary-not-required

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451877/standing-national-anthem-voluntary-not-required

Thanks Simple1 for sharing,

Another link  connected to your shared article 

"This week, a high official, the president of the United States, has repeatedly called for the punishment of American citizens for exercising the very right guaranteed by Barnette — the right to refuse to salute the flag. Or, more precisely, the right to modify their salute to the flag.The decision to kneel represented a defense of the ideals of the flag, not defiance of the nation they love."

Edited by Opl

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're blatantly twisting reality. An investigation is IN PROGRESS. You're not so dumb that you don't understand that. 

Investigation has nothing to do with the fact that in America everyone is presumed innocent, not maybe guilty or maybe innocent but presumed innocent until proven guilty even though CNN and you seem to forget that is one of the founding principles of our country. 

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

It would be against American law for any foreign country or person to directly interfer in an American election. It is now widely accepted, even by Trump—albeit grudgingly—that Russia tried to interfer in the American election. It is now being investigated whether any American citizens colluded with that interference. 

Any reasonable country would stay out of another country’s free and fair elections. 

A 2016 study by Levin found that, among 938 global elections examined, the United States and Russia  combined had involved themselves in about one out of nine (117), with the majority of those (68%) being through covert, rather than overt, actions.

The Brits used wiretaps to get dirt; recruited journalists to plant favorable stories; invented fake stories; used dirty tricks to try to destroy opponents; and funded and coordinated pro-British activist groups.  The goal was to try to change US public opinion ;

How Britain tried to influence the US election.  Google " How Britain tried to influence the US election" for more. 

What?  Do you think I make this stuff up.  Google is your friend to check it. 

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

What?  Do you think I make this stuff up.

Who knows? You've done it before.

But it's quite apparent, again, that you are attempting to misdirect the thread from it's topic.

Edited by iReason

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

A 2016 study by Levin found that, among 938 global elections examined, the United States and Russia  combined had involved themselves in about one out of nine (117), with the majority of those (68%) being through covert, rather than overt, actions.

The Brits used wiretaps to get dirt; recruited journalists to plant favorable stories; invented fake stories; used dirty tricks to try to destroy opponents; and funded and coordinated pro-British activist groups.  The goal was to try to change US public opinion ;

How Britain tried to influence the US election.  Google " How Britain tried to influence the US election" for more. 

What?  Do you think I make this stuff up.  Google is your friend to check it. 

American interference in other countries’ elections doesn’t make Russian interference in American elections any less illegal under American law. And any Americans who may have colluded with them any less treasonous under American law.

32 minutes ago, Slip said:

So you don't have a problem with this specific instance of the Russians interfering with your country's recent election and collusion by American citizens of the same?  As you are an American (and a vet at that) that smacks of treason by your own logic.

By the way, do you not realise that when you cut and paste content, you are supposed to provide the source?

Sorry, I posted the subject to google and thought that was enough.  I would post more about my inside knowledge of the election interference but as another poster pointed out I was trolled off topic and this thread is about dumb football players being disrespectful to America.  I don't think the footballers are guilty of treason only disrespect and that is not a crime in the USA.  

I believe Trump owned a football team and has a problem with the NFL for some slight.  But none of my sources has mentioned that to me. 

I don't think football players are deserving of any respect in the same sense as the President of the United States but he makes it  very difficult at times to respect him. 

Apparently the TV networks are in bed with most of the posters on this thread not showing the upset fans.

Fans booing Jets and Dolphins players were loud and clear during CBS's telecast from East Rutherford, N.J. But we never saw them. Instead, we got a lot of field-level shots of linked arms players and saluting police officers.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-tv-networks-deliberately-avoided-booing-fans-cbs-nbc-fox-espn-monday-night-football/wp37jk7eoiha1p7ktogwfftzs

On 9/27/2017 at 9:17 PM, rijb said:

I got your impetuous, hanging.

“Enough is enough. It’s time for these million dollar snowflakes to stop disrespecting the Men-Women -Dogs that signed a blank check for them to act like this,” the restaurant wrote on Facebook.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/restaurants-boycotting-nfl-refusing-show-171359662.html

Actually a certain meteorological phenomenon is more accurately applied to the whiners protesting about the players' demonstrations. Your poor little feelings are hurt? And you think it's not nice of the big bad football players to be offending you? Grow up and a pair while you're at it. One of the great things about the USA is that you have the right to say and do things that hurt other people's feelings.

47 minutes ago, amvet said:

Apparently the TV networks are in bed with most of the posters on this thread not showing the upset fans.

Fans booing Jets and Dolphins players were loud and clear during CBS's telecast from East Rutherford, N.J.

But we never saw them

Right.

Just making things up.

Again.

From your link, the Associated Press;

You're not familiar with this organization?

If there are only "dumb football players", (in your words), on the field,

what does that make the anti- constitutional, Free Speech deniers in the stands?

Pseudo americans?

8 hours ago, amvet said:

I don't like much of what Trump does.  I liked even less what LBJ and NIxon did to me personally.  I'm a vet and don't kneel down during the playing of the National Anthem of America.  I honestly don't see what that has to do with football players disrespecting the American Anthem.  I'm a member of the 1.7 million member VFW who also slammed the small minority of football players who disrespected the American flag. 

I don't like Trump but unlike you and many people commenting on this thread I do respect the President because he is the President and the Anthem because it is the American Anthem. 

God Bless You. Do you think that racism had anything to do with our President's remarks? Cause I don't!

8 minutes ago, iReason said:

Right.

Just making things up.

Again.

From your link, the Associated Press;

You're not familiar with this organization?

If there are only "dumb football players", (in your words), on the field,

what does that make the anti- constitutional, Free Speech deniers in the stands?

Pseudo americans?

23% didn't stand.  I think they must be the really dump ones, maybe team concussions. 

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

God Bless You. Do you think that racism had anything to do with our President's remarks? Cause I don't!

I think perceived racism had something to do with the players kneeling down at first but when the media got the story

they expanded it to encompass weak minded individuals who were easily swayed like the Germans in post WWI Europe except the football players are millionaire playboys instead of starving Germans. 

4 hours ago, amvet said:

Investigation has nothing to do with the fact that in America everyone is presumed innocent, not maybe guilty or maybe innocent but presumed innocent until proven guilty even though CNN and you seem to forget that is one of the founding principles of our country. 

I don't think 30% of the population - Trump voters including the President himself, believe in your philosophy when it comes to "crooked Hilary". Rather disgraceful really but it's come to be expected.

I think come the weekend , you may even have large swaiths of the crowd taking a knee at the games!

7 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I don't think 30% of the population - Trump voters including the President himself, believe in your philosophy when it comes to "crooked Hilary". Rather disgraceful really but it's come to be expected.

I think come the weekend , you may even have large swaiths of the crowd taking a knee at the games!

Watching the game this morning here.  Packers stood.  CBS didn't show it here.  I guess to patriotic for me to see as far as CBS was concerned.  Did the news get censored in the USA too or only here? I realize since the right person lost all the PC crowd including the NFL have been in a tizzy but censorship of sports seems a bit much.

48 minutes ago, amvet said:

Watching the game this morning here.  Packers stood.  CBS didn't show it here.  I guess to patriotic for me to see as far as CBS was concerned.  Did the news get censored in the USA too or only here? I realize since the right person lost all the PC crowd including the NFL have been in a tizzy but censorship of sports seems a bit much.

Your accusations direction news outlets are based on nothing and pathetic.

Edited by stevenl

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

Yes they knelt Before the anthem and stood During it.

No problem with that. They all took a knee and found a way to do it that every player was comfortable with. What's your point? It only highlights more what has been said all along that Trump has twisted and used to divide a nation yet further. The protest was about police brutality, it is NOT (as POTUS says) about disrespecting the flag. If it was about disrespecting the flag, they would not have knelt before the anthem would they?

I imagine if Kaepernick had taken a knee on his own (ONE YEAR AGO) before the national anthem was played everyone would have thought he was tying his boot laces.

POTUS is dividing the nation. He is a white supremacist just the same as his Father was. You should all be totally ashamed that you are enabling it. Watch the hatred and venom that Bannon will now stir up in the South. He has admitted he wants to see anarchy and civil war, he wants the structure of society and Government broken down. Well, for those that want Bannon and therefore Trumps vision to come true, that is fine but it will come at a price. Trump is going to start a race war, he is also starting to play with the religious belief systems and inciting hatred there. If you don't see it, you are one of them. I frankly don't give a crap about what you all want to do in the retarded states of America but expect my protestations - loudly, when it looks like affecting the future and stability of the lives of my children. And that is why every responsible adult in the civilised world is bitching and moaning about Donald J Trump, and if you can't see that then I worry for you. The problem with stupid people is they are too stupid to know that they are stupid. Here is 59 seconds on the subject if you have the attention span.

Edited by Andaman Al

12 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually a certain meteorological phenomenon is more accurately applied to the whiners protesting about the players' demonstrations. Your poor little feelings are hurt? And you think it's not nice of the big bad football players to be offending you? Grow up and a pair while you're at it. One of the great things about the USA is that you have the right to say and do things that hurt other people's feelings.

As an outsider I watch and read with interest most of what is played out on here.  Free speech, which fits into most democracies, can sometimes be a bane and may well illustrate why there is such a divide in the USA, given how it causes so much disdain there and even on here.  And the only reason I raised this as you raised the, is it, the first amendment of the USA Constitution.  One thing I didn't read is that it gives someone the right to do things and say things that hurt feelings of others.  I may be wrong, maybe you could point this specific aspect out if I am.  Thanks. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01